Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds fans really are scum 17:41 - Jan 13 with 22927 viewstheipswichman

Honestly throwing things into the family stand and at Knudsen. Threw a flare and some sort of firecracker... so glad we beat them even more so after their disgusting behaviour.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:43 - Jan 13 with 4208 viewsartsbossbeard

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:41 - Jan 13 by Deano69

Are you suggesting that Ipswich fans are the only ones with this wildly inaccurate opinion of some of the Leeds Fans?

Of course not all of the 3500+ fans are lunatics. But there is a decent number of utter morons, I heard women screeching expletives and using abusive and threatening language this afternoon. No one seemed to be that bothered.

Has the club ever tried to eradicate the unruly fans?

I had the "pleasure" of sitting next to mad Malcy and his missus at Charlton away a few seasons back, it's not a Leeds only thing.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:45 - Jan 13 with 4197 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:30 - Jan 13 by pointofblue

Someone posted a video higher up where the majority of Leeds fans barracked the minority for acting stupidly. Once the heat dies down I'm sure most realise the majority are no better or worse than the fanbases at most clubs behaviour wise. But certain clubs have a small core which tarnish them wherever they go and Leeds seem to suffer from this more than most.

Yes, I was at the game. And obviously I didn't invade the pitch. I noticed that day that the initial invasion and the bulk of the invaders emerged from the NE Lower stand (we have STs in the NE Upper). That section had been virtually empty all season. (I think the crowd that day was 10,000 higher than we had been getting that season). This is in no way an excuse or a justification, but these people were casual attenders, not regular, genuine supporters. Some of them appear to have come looking for the possibility to cause trouble at that match.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:46 - Jan 13 with 4195 viewsbrazil1982

Leeds fans really are scum on 18:53 - Jan 13 by Ryorry

Yes, I think your memory is defo better than mine! thanks for posting the clip. It's actually scarier looking at that now than I felt at the time! (tho we weren't right at the front, sort of second section back)

I was there, I recall the stewards doing nothing and the police in our end chuckling. No punishment for dirty Leeds after that too.

Horrible fans.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:48 - Jan 13 with 4183 viewskeighleyblue

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:36 - Jan 13 by Currie10

Minority or not, it's happened far too often vs Leeds for me to have any sympathy or gain a like to them.

Was there in the corner when Lee scored that late goal with the pitch invasion, felt unsafe and ugly scenes that day.

Was there when Currie missed and our season went up in smoke, a few nasty clashes that day too.

Not there today but apparently damaging stadium, fireworks thrown at people, on and so forth.

Just really struggle to have any like for Leeds Utd whatsoever.

Thanks for reminding me of Darren Currie's miss from 6 yards out. Still remember the open-mouthedness that he managed to scrape it wide and ruin our chances of going up.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:48 - Jan 13 with 4181 viewsartsbossbeard

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:46 - Jan 13 by brazil1982

I was there, I recall the stewards doing nothing and the police in our end chuckling. No punishment for dirty Leeds after that too.

Horrible fans.

There was plenty of punishment though.

Loads got bans.

Sub human scum.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 4159 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:34 - Jan 13 by stantheman

Yeah you haven't been on the end of your "minority" nearly beating you into near unconsciousness have you? Well I have so you will always be Dirty Leeds because not one supposed Leeds fan stepped in to try and stop it. It wasn't today by the way but it will live with me for ever.

I am sorry to hear that. We are not all like that. You will be aware that 2 Leeds supporters were murdered in Turkey. Another Leeds supporter was also murdered after being attacked by 3 Sheffield Wednesday "supporters". There are bad people (as well as good people) everywhere.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:53 - Jan 13 with 4152 viewsLord_Lucan

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:43 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I had the "pleasure" of sitting next to mad Malcy and his missus at Charlton away a few seasons back, it's not a Leeds only thing.

That was mad wasn't it. Didn't some Haverhill trollop collapse underneath a coppers horse?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:54 - Jan 13 with 4141 viewsartsbossbeard

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:52 - Jan 13 by Verloc

I am sorry to hear that. We are not all like that. You will be aware that 2 Leeds supporters were murdered in Turkey. Another Leeds supporter was also murdered after being attacked by 3 Sheffield Wednesday "supporters". There are bad people (as well as good people) everywhere.

I've been to Turkey loads of times and I find that by not pretending to wipe my ar5e on a Turkey flag in the middle of Istanbul means that I don't get any hassle. Crazy world!

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 4128 viewsartsbossbeard

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:53 - Jan 13 by Lord_Lucan

That was mad wasn't it. Didn't some Haverhill trollop collapse underneath a coppers horse?

Yep! What a day!

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 4114 viewsstantheman

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:52 - Jan 13 by Verloc

It does seem to prevail with Leeds fans more than most though.
Leeds fans really are scum on 20:58 - Jan 13 with 4099 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:40 - Jan 13 by brogansnose

I had so much abuse to me, my wife and son when I lived in Harehills.

you're scum.

do one.

I'm not. Why were you abused? Were the people abusing you Leeds United supporters?Harehills is an area containing people of many different nationalities, from many different backgrounds. It's not a very nice area to be perfectly honest. I don't live there.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:06 - Jan 13 with 4050 viewsbrogansnose

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:58 - Jan 13 by Verloc

I'm not. Why were you abused? Were the people abusing you Leeds United supporters?Harehills is an area containing people of many different nationalities, from many different backgrounds. It's not a very nice area to be perfectly honest. I don't live there.

Yeah, they were Leeds Utd supporters.

Those from 'different nationalities and backgrounds'were alright.

Just you lot.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:09 - Jan 13 with 4039 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:41 - Jan 13 by Deano69

Are you suggesting that Ipswich fans are the only ones with this wildly inaccurate opinion of some of the Leeds Fans?

Of course not all of the 3500+ fans are lunatics. But there is a decent number of utter morons, I heard women screeching expletives and using abusive and threatening language this afternoon. No one seemed to be that bothered.

Has the club ever tried to eradicate the unruly fans?

No I'm not. The opinion about SOME Leeds fans is accurate. And they're a pain in the arse as far as I'm concerned. Yes, the club has been fighting a constant battle to eradicate unruly fans for the last 50 years. The NF were driven away from our club and our ground by a concerted effort from other supporters as far back as the 1980s. Since then I think you'll find we always have some of the highest figures for banning orders in the country. Scores of people were arrested, charged and banned following the pitch invasion at the Leeds v Ipswich game. The local newspaper printed mugshots on its front page of all those who were wanted in connection with trouble at that game.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 4028 viewsRyorry

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:28 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Cheers. Wasn't at the game today (thankfully). But I can assure you I'm not "scum", and neither are the people I attend games with. We've all been attending Leeds games for over 40 years, and have never caused the police or anybody else a moment's bother. Thanks for tarring us all with the same brush though.

Yet you didn't even acknowledge my post above where I said -

"Another horrible aspect of it is that all Leeds fans then get tarred with the same brush. The decent ones that I know will have been horrified to hear this."

Or the other post I wrote where I said the majority of the ER crowd were castigating the pitch-invading hoolies.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:12 - Jan 13 with 4019 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:46 - Jan 13 by brazil1982

Horrible fans.

Individual fans were certainly punished. Arrested, charged and banned. And deservedly so.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:15 - Jan 13 with 3990 viewsRyorry

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:06 - Jan 13 by brogansnose

Just you lot.

Must say Brogans that I lived in Leeds for 22 years incl Chapeltown, Chapel Allerton & Headingley; also worked in Seacroft, & I found 99.9% of them really lovely people, far friendlier than in the south (incl Ipswich!!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:17 - Jan 13 with 3976 viewsPJH

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:45 - Jan 13 by Verloc

Yes, I was at the game. And obviously I didn't invade the pitch. I noticed that day that the initial invasion and the bulk of the invaders emerged from the NE Lower stand (we have STs in the NE Upper). That section had been virtually empty all season. (I think the crowd that day was 10,000 higher than we had been getting that season). This is in no way an excuse or a justification, but these people were casual attenders, not regular, genuine supporters. Some of them appear to have come looking for the possibility to cause trouble at that match.

It was no surprise to me that there was trouble at that match if things went against Leeds so it should not have been a surprise to anyone else.
That is the only game ever that I have not seen the end of because after the invasion(s) I thought that there was no way that it would restart and I thought the safest place was out of there.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:19 - Jan 13 with 3961 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:54 - Jan 13 by artsbossbeard

I've been to Turkey loads of times and I find that by not pretending to wipe my ar5e on a Turkey flag in the middle of Istanbul means that I don't get any hassle. Crazy world!

You'll have to prove to me that that event took place. I haven't seen any evidence that it did. It certainly wouldn't have been done by the 2 men who were murdered, because I knew both of them, and neither were football "hooligans". One was the landlord of a local pub, the other an engineer. They'd been having a meal in a restaurant when the attack took place.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:20 - Jan 13 with 3948 viewsbrogansnose

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:15 - Jan 13 by Ryorry

Must say Brogans that I lived in Leeds for 22 years incl Chapeltown, Chapel Allerton & Headingley; also worked in Seacroft, & I found 99.9% of them really lovely people, far friendlier than in the south (incl Ipswich!!).

I don't want to disclose all that happened on the site, but I have reason to hate them, and I don't say that lightly.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:21 - Jan 13 with 3939 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 20:57 - Jan 13 by stantheman

It does seem to prevail with Leeds fans more than most though.

I haven't denied that. We attract some idiots.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:22 - Jan 13 with 3924 viewsPinewoodblue

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:21 - Jan 13 by Verloc

I haven't denied that. We attract some idiots.

Don't you think it is about time your club did something about them?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:22 - Jan 13 with 3919 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:06 - Jan 13 by brogansnose

Just you lot.

Sad you tar us all with the same brush. I'm very happy in my own skin.
Leeds fans really are scum on 21:23 - Jan 13 with 3914 viewsSwailsey

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:15 - Jan 13 by Ryorry

I’ve always found people from Leeds to be very nice as well.

There is clearly a faction which runs through their fanbase, but to call all Leeds fans (or people from there!) scum is hyperbole and simply not accurate.

In no way am I trying to gloss over the horrible attacks people have mentioned above by the way - or belittle what in brogans case is seemingly something pretty severe.

But - it isn’t all of them is it? A lot were embarrassed that day at ER.

My dad’s friend was bottled by a Norwich fan - are they all violent?
Some of our fans sing the Fashnu song. Are we all homophobic?

As I said, there seems to be thread running through certain fanbases - that can’t be denied - but what about the other fans? Those who happened to be born in Leeds and are just supporting their local team? Those who aren’t violent?
[Post edited 13 Jan 2018 21:28]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:24 - Jan 13 with 3909 viewsLord_Lucan

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:19 - Jan 13 by Verloc

You'll have to prove to me that that event took place. I haven't seen any evidence that it did. It certainly wouldn't have been done by the 2 men who were murdered, because I knew both of them, and neither were football "hooligans". One was the landlord of a local pub, the other an engineer. They'd been having a meal in a restaurant when the attack took place.

Have to say I don't think that happened. I was chatting on another site to a Leeds fan who was there, he had just returned back. He says it was unprovoked and I believed what he said.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 3895 viewsVerloc

Leeds fans really are scum on 21:11 - Jan 13 by Ryorry

Yet you didn't even acknowledge my post above where I said -

"Another horrible aspect of it is that all Leeds fans then get tarred with the same brush. The decent ones that I know will have been horrified to hear this."

Or the other post I wrote where I said the majority of the ER crowd were castigating the pitch-invading hoolies.

Apologies. I'll acknowledge it now. Thank you for telling the truth about that day. I was busy answering all the criticism aimed at Leeds supporters.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024