Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
**END THE MISERY** 12:58 - Jan 21 with 23688 viewsmadmouse1959

P 45 up the A 45.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2018 17:56]

shampoo dave

**END THE MISERY** on 13:00 - Jan 21 with 8775 viewsNo9

As I posted elsewhere how many poters on TWTD would put their hand in their pocket to 'rescue" (if that is the general view) ITFC?
**END THE MISERY** on 13:23 - Jan 21 with 8709 viewsLeoMuff

Talk about over reacting, “everything good has gone” !! Ok

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

**END THE MISERY** on 13:26 - Jan 21 with 8705 viewsBobbychase

Are you including the ability of our fans to analyse things with a cool, rational head? I miss the days before mob mentality took over.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

**END THE MISERY** on 14:15 - Jan 21 with 8595 viewswitchdoctor

**END THE MISERY** on 13:26 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

Are you including the ability of our fans to analyse things with a cool, rational head? I miss the days before mob mentality took over.

mob mentality or mass dissatisfaction?
**END THE MISERY** on 14:22 - Jan 21 with 8567 viewsCrawfordsboot

**END THE MISERY** on 14:15 - Jan 21 by witchdoctor

mob mentality or mass dissatisfaction?

Mob mentality - of similar ilk to those who when they grow up want to be famous - cos it’s their right innit !
It’s destructive in society and desructive in our football club
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:30 - Jan 21 with 8536 viewsCrawfordsboot

**END THE MISERY** on 13:26 - Jan 21 by Bobbychase

Agreed. The Cobbolds oversaw one of the most successful periods in the history of the club. They viewed a crisis as “running out of port” in the boardroom.

Gotta keep some perspective,😄
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:35]
**END THE MISERY** on 14:47 - Jan 21 with 8510 viewsRegencyBlue

**END THE MISERY** on 13:00 - Jan 21 by No9

As I posted elsewhere how many poters on TWTD would put their hand in their pocket to 'rescue" (if that is the general view) ITFC?

So your point is that no one who isn’t rich enough to buy the club from Evans is entitled to an opinion about how he runs it?

Not going to happen is it, in any business, let alone a football club!
(No subject) (n/t) on 15:24 - Jan 21 with 8408 viewsBinner

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:30 - Jan 21 by Crawfordsboot

Agreed. The Cobbolds oversaw one of the most successful periods in the history of the club. They viewed a crisis as “running out of port” in the boardroom.

Gotta keep some perspective,😄
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 14:35]

And when the chants of "ROBSON OUT" were echoing round PR, from the likes of us 'knowledgeable' supporters who thought they were clueless, the Cobbolds had the strength of their convictions and apologised to Bobby and offered him a long contract.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:35 - Jan 21 with 8366 viewsRyorry

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:24 - Jan 21 by Binner

And when the chants of "ROBSON OUT" were echoing round PR, from the likes of us 'knowledgeable' supporters who thought they were clueless, the Cobbolds had the strength of their convictions and apologised to Bobby and offered him a long contract.

I hope you're not saying that MM now is comparable with Bobby Robson back then ... or that ME is comparable with the Cobbolds ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:01 - Jan 21 with 8300 viewsBinner

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:35 - Jan 21 by Ryorry

I hope you're not saying that MM now is comparable with Bobby Robson back then ... or that ME is comparable with the Cobbolds ...

I'm suggesting that the supporters, even in large numbers and possibly representing a majority, are not always right.

We should remember that ME is a supporter and, like the rest of us, he wants a year on year improvement in the club's fortunes. Ultimately he is the one to decide whether to offer MM a new contract. In his shoes I would not be hanging about; the offer to MM would be on the table now. Perhaps it is and MM is giving it consideration over the next four months. I don't know and nor do most of the rest of us. I fear that ME will offer the extension (or has already) and that MM will decline it and walk away.

I think that MM deserves at least two more years on his contract. If he leaves we are, imo, far less likely to make the top six in that time and far more likely to be relegated.

People keep bringing up the subject of season ticket sales. How do they suppose ST sales will be affected by relegation?

MICK IN!

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:25 - Jan 21 with 8233 viewstiptreeblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:01 - Jan 21 by Binner

I'm suggesting that the supporters, even in large numbers and possibly representing a majority, are not always right.

We should remember that ME is a supporter and, like the rest of us, he wants a year on year improvement in the club's fortunes. Ultimately he is the one to decide whether to offer MM a new contract. In his shoes I would not be hanging about; the offer to MM would be on the table now. Perhaps it is and MM is giving it consideration over the next four months. I don't know and nor do most of the rest of us. I fear that ME will offer the extension (or has already) and that MM will decline it and walk away.

I think that MM deserves at least two more years on his contract. If he leaves we are, imo, far less likely to make the top six in that time and far more likely to be relegated.

People keep bringing up the subject of season ticket sales. How do they suppose ST sales will be affected by relegation?

MICK IN!

How on earth do you know we will be relegated?
Because the vast majority.... on 16:28 - Jan 21 with 8216 viewsBloots

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:25 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

....of our players are crap and the owner won't invest enough money to improve the squad.

There's 2 reasons for you.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:30 - Jan 21 with 8209 viewsBinner

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:25 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

I don't and I haven't said that we will. I have said that imo it would be far more likely.

**END THE MISERY** on 16:30 - Jan 21 with 8209 viewsimsureazzure

Abuse reported, hahaha, Mouse you are right our reputation has gone as the club that many many people supported that many many people had as a second team, that many people had admired.
Because the vast majority.... on 16:31 - Jan 21 with 8206 viewstiptreeblue

Because the vast majority.... on 16:28 - Jan 21 by Bloots

....of our players are crap and the owner won't invest enough money to improve the squad.

There's 2 reasons for you.

So, if MM goes we will definitely get relegated will we?. YOU DON`T KNOW, nobody does. talk about over reacting.
**END THE MISERY** on 16:31 - Jan 21 with 8197 viewsSuperfrans

I’m wondering from user name whether you’ve been watching the club for 50 years, can maybe even remember timesa before Sir Bobby?

My point to you would be that the misery isn’t going to end by getting rid of Mick or finding a new owner (Milne is irrelevant btw). Football has changed for good.

My view is that there is no point calling for the heads of Mick and/or Evans unless we know what will come next. It could be better (in terms of investment etc), but in those circumstances the club will inevitably move away from us as fans. That’s what stepping into the Premiership means - we would gain vast riches, but the clubs would inevitably change.

My point being that if “end the misery”means take us back to a club with community roots with a family owning us. That just isn’t going to happen.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:33 - Jan 21 with 8190 viewstiptreeblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:30 - Jan 21 by Binner

I don't and I haven't said that we will. I have said that imo it would be far more likely.

Why mention ST sales related to relegation then?, sounds like scaremongering to me.
My opinion, is that if..... on 16:38 - Jan 21 with 8161 viewsBloots

Because the vast majority.... on 16:31 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

So, if MM goes we will definitely get relegated will we?. YOU DON`T KNOW, nobody does. talk about over reacting.

....the owner continues to invest in the squad in the same way that he is currently, and he replaces MM with an out of work "Championship" manager then we have the highest chance of getting relegated since #jewellout was here.

I expect that he will do both of those things, therefore I think we will be at a very real risk of being relegated next season.

My opinion.

#evansout

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:39 - Jan 21 with 8159 viewsBinner

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:33 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

Why mention ST sales related to relegation then?, sounds like scaremongering to me.

The club has to make a major decision on whether to try to keep MM as manager but, hey, lets not bother considering the potential outcomes from that decision.

That appears to be your position...

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:46 - Jan 21 with 8139 viewstiptreeblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:39 - Jan 21 by Binner

The club has to make a major decision on whether to try to keep MM as manager but, hey, lets not bother considering the potential outcomes from that decision.

That appears to be your position...

My position is that i will not put up with the boring negative football of MM. i will not go to a home first team game while he is our manager. if a manager replaces him, which i am still not sure will happen, and he plays a more assertive style, then i will return, i don`t expect to win anything or get promotion (although that would be great to see), i just want us to be competitive so i can enjoy it again. sorry but that is my opinion and position
"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 16:49 - Jan 21 with 8135 viewsBloots

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:46 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

My position is that i will not put up with the boring negative football of MM. i will not go to a home first team game while he is our manager. if a manager replaces him, which i am still not sure will happen, and he plays a more assertive style, then i will return, i don`t expect to win anything or get promotion (although that would be great to see), i just want us to be competitive so i can enjoy it again. sorry but that is my opinion and position

.....no you don't.

Because we are competitive, if we weren't we'd be getting relegated.

We just aren't very good to watch on a consistent basis.

"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 16:51 - Jan 21 with 8128 viewstiptreeblue

"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 16:49 - Jan 21 by Bloots

.....no you don't.

Because we are competitive, if we weren't we'd be getting relegated.

We just aren't very good to watch on a consistent basis.

okay, sorry, competitive going forward, not competitive matching up to teams to stop them playing
We're the 7th highest scorers..... on 16:58 - Jan 21 with 8110 viewsBloots

"I just want us to be competitive"...... on 16:51 - Jan 21 by tiptreeblue

okay, sorry, competitive going forward, not competitive matching up to teams to stop them playing

....in the league.

Sounds competitive.

**END THE MISERY** on 17:08 - Jan 21 with 8092 viewsTendring_Blue

This relentless negativity all the time is what will kill this club, there's absolutely no need for it, it's pathetic. We all need to grow a pair accept where we are and the current state of football and get on with being Itfc.

The thing I hate most about this club atm is the overblown negative comments. We're outperforming where we were expected to be, we probably have a new manager at the end of the season, I look forward to following it and supporting my team.
We're the 7th highest scorers..... on 17:09 - Jan 21 with 8084 viewsTrequartista

We're the 7th highest scorers..... on 16:58 - Jan 21 by Bloots

....in the league.

Sounds competitive.

We were 5th highest in Paul Jewell's only full season, so possibly not the greatest claim.
[Post edited 21 Jan 2018 17:10]

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024