Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sickly colleagues 08:51 - Jan 22 with 21947 viewsGeoffSentence

The ones who pick up every little sniffle going and they always retire to bed as it is inevitably accompanied by a high temperature. How do you feel towards them? Sympathetic? Those poor bloggers don't half suffer. Or do you get annoyed that you end up doing their work for them?

I've been in The work force for sometime now and have found that my reserves of sympathy ha e been drained dry as the years grind by.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Keep that attitude on 14:33 - Jan 22 with 4732 viewsJ2BLUE

Keep that attitude on 14:32 - Jan 22 by Dyland

A change is as good as anything. You can leave if it's utter sh1te.

Hmm, I thought that about this job!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Keep that attitude on 14:40 - Jan 22 with 4714 viewsDyland

Keep that attitude on 14:33 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Hmm, I thought that about this job!

Haha! Still better than stagnating and doing fook all about it. And your eyes are open to the fact you will probs keep looking even when you next move on. Also, even if the job itself isn't in itself what you want, maybe you'll meet someone who becomes a fellow traveler/old soul/fook buddy/business partner/etc.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Sickly colleagues on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 4685 viewsCotty

Sickly colleagues on 14:27 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Got an interview on Feb 2nd for a job i'm not crazy about but had a bit of a moment earlier where I thought nothing about my life is working at the moment and I need to take some chances so i'll go for it. Also applied for another job where I didn't get an interview but they've replied asking if i'd be interested in another one that I would love. Might be an automated thing so not getting too excited but I will apply.

Thanks for asking.

Nothing bad can come out of exploring opportunities. Just make sure you're not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!
Sickly colleagues on 15:37 - Jan 22 with 4664 viewsFreddies_Ears

I'd rather that than have them infect the office. But I am biased - a colleague snuffled in one day about a decade ago, and was then off for a week. She was in long enough to pass her bug to several of us, me included. So what? The virus attacked something in my nose (I am not an expert in biology stuff!), and left me with permanent, irreparable almost total loss of sense of smell. Which also means severely impaired sense of taste. Grrrr..
Sickly colleagues on 16:10 - Jan 22 with 4632 viewsBrixtonBlue

Sickly colleagues on 15:37 - Jan 22 by Freddies_Ears

I'd rather that than have them infect the office. But I am biased - a colleague snuffled in one day about a decade ago, and was then off for a week. She was in long enough to pass her bug to several of us, me included. So what? The virus attacked something in my nose (I am not an expert in biology stuff!), and left me with permanent, irreparable almost total loss of sense of smell. Which also means severely impaired sense of taste. Grrrr..

On the plus side you can eat J2's eggs and Rommers' picnics without any difficulty.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sickly colleagues on 16:30 - Jan 22 with 4619 viewsBroomy99

Got an interview on Feb 2nd for a job i'm not crazy about but had a bit of a moment earlier where I thought nothing about my life is working at the moment and I need to take some chances so i'll go for it. Also applied for another job where I didn't get an interview but they've replied asking if i'd be interested in another one that I would love. Might be an automated thing so not getting too excited but I will apply.

Thanks for asking.

ALl sounds positive, J2. Good luck with finding something.
Sickly colleagues on 16:49 - Jan 22 with 4601 viewsBackToRussia

Thanks for asking.

Wouldn't something like working for an insurance company be better for you? At least you wouldn't be expected to carry all the other staff as you seem to be doing now. You can get a job in insurance in Ipswich tomorrow if you wanted it.

If you are really not happy apply for 3 or 4 jobs per day and surely within a few months you would have an opportunity you would be OK with taking?

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Sickly colleagues on 17:57 - Jan 22 with 4561 viewsjas0999

Sickly colleagues on 09:25 - Jan 22 by Muncher

I have no problem with them, but what really winds me up is people who "battle on" and come in and spread their illnesses to everyone else. Please stay at home.

Agreed. Providing they are really ill. Folk who miss the odd day every other week with a sniffle are equally as annoying.

Folk that come into the office with horrible colds, flu or have been up vomiting all night are irresponsible.
Login to get fewer ads

Sickly colleagues on 19:08 - Jan 22 with 4536 viewsipswich78

Sickly colleagues on 14:29 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

What really annoys me more than sickness is when people with kids can't come to work because they can't get childcare. Then I need to cover their shift...

I like most of my colleagues but that really annoys me. Not my problem.

What would you suggest the parents do in this situation then?

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

Sickly colleagues on 19:10 - Jan 22 with 4533 viewsJ2BLUE

Sickly colleagues on 16:49 - Jan 22 by BackToRussia

Wouldn't something like working for an insurance company be better for you? At least you wouldn't be expected to carry all the other staff as you seem to be doing now. You can get a job in insurance in Ipswich tomorrow if you wanted it.

If you are really not happy apply for 3 or 4 jobs per day and surely within a few months you would have an opportunity you would be OK with taking?

Where abouts?

Truly impaired.

Sickly colleagues on 19:13 - Jan 22 with 4526 viewsJ2BLUE

Sickly colleagues on 19:08 - Jan 22 by ipswich78

What would you suggest the parents do in this situation then?

Not my problem. If you take a job you should be sure you can do the hours beforehand. As a one off it's fair enough if something falls through etc but repeatedly? Not good enough. Apparently one of our staff with kids has now declared she can't do certain shifts. Added to the ones she already can't do and she's left with all the best shifts. Funny how it worked out...thankfully I don't think my new childless manager is very sympathetic.

Truly impaired.

Sickly colleagues on 19:14 - Jan 22 with 4525 viewsBackToRussia

Sickly colleagues on 19:10 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Where abouts?

From my experience the bigger firms are recruiting almost constantly and they'd snap you up in a heartbeat - although I'm not looking atm. It would probably be entry level but that's the sort of job where just through staff turnover you'd end up getting payrises. I would look at Directline and LV. But I am sure Axa operates in a similar way.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

Sickly colleagues on 19:18 - Jan 22 with 4522 viewsJ2BLUE

Sickly colleagues on 19:14 - Jan 22 by BackToRussia

From my experience the bigger firms are recruiting almost constantly and they'd snap you up in a heartbeat - although I'm not looking atm. It would probably be entry level but that's the sort of job where just through staff turnover you'd end up getting payrises. I would look at Directline and LV. But I am sure Axa operates in a similar way.

LV pay peanuts and I had to withdraw my application. I've applied to Axa. I haven't applied to Direct Line yet. After 6.5 years of working lots of weekends I was hoping to avoid that and they are seven days a week unfortunately. Good pay though and I will apply if I get desperate.

Cheers for suggestions.

Truly impaired.

Seven days a week in an office job on 19:22 - Jan 22 with 4514 viewsDyland

Sickly colleagues on 19:18 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

LV pay peanuts and I had to withdraw my application. I've applied to Axa. I haven't applied to Direct Line yet. After 6.5 years of working lots of weekends I was hoping to avoid that and they are seven days a week unfortunately. Good pay though and I will apply if I get desperate.

Cheers for suggestions.

Fook this society in the eye.

Having said that, presumably these bigger ones are better staffed so you wouldn't have to work the majority of weekends?

Seven days a week in an office job on 19:28 - Jan 22 with 4507 viewsJ2BLUE

Seven days a week in an office job on 19:22 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Fook this society in the eye.

Having said that, presumably these bigger ones are better staffed so you wouldn't have to work the majority of weekends?

The Axa job i've applied for is one Saturday in three and no Sundays. That's not bad IMO.

Truly impaired.

Sickly colleagues on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 4505 viewsBackToRussia

Sickly colleagues on 19:18 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Cheers for suggestions.

No worries. Ultimately only you know what would be better for you. Every job has its downsides which isn't a cop out. Grass isn't always greener.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

good luck (n/t) on 19:31 - Jan 22 with 4504 viewsDyland

Seven days a week in an office job on 19:28 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

The Axa job i've applied for is one Saturday in three and no Sundays. That's not bad IMO.

Sickly colleagues on 19:33 - Jan 22 with 4501 viewsDyland

Sickly colleagues on 19:31 - Jan 22 by BackToRussia

No worries. Ultimately only you know what would be better for you. Every job has its downsides which isn't a cop out. Grass isn't always greener.

The grass isn't always greener.... but it's sweeter in resin pill form.

Sickly colleagues on 19:33 - Jan 22 with 4501 viewsBackToRussia

Sickly colleagues on 19:33 - Jan 22 by Dyland

The grass isn't always greener.... but it's sweeter in resin pill form.

Still an old fashion plant combustin' man here
Not that I don't envy ye

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

good luck (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 22 with 4489 viewsBrixtonBlue

good luck (n/t) on 19:31 - Jan 22 by Dyland

Yeah, good luck J2!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Sickly colleagues on 19:39 - Jan 22 with 4496 viewsDyland

Sickly colleagues on 19:33 - Jan 22 by BackToRussia

Still an old fashion plant combustin' man here
Not that I don't envy ye

I've had my eyes (and mind) opened. Although I don't suffer from mental health problems myself, I feel like I've had a layman's insight into how it may be beneficial for ADD and related "disorders".

Not to mention the dimension bending sense of sitting in sound, which was like a trip back in time, excuse the pun.

I'm feeling a little evangelical about it all. Maybe I'll compete with Callers to see if I can post as many board dividing threads on a non-football related topic :)

Sickly colleagues on 19:42 - Jan 22 with 4484 viewsBackToRussia

Sickly colleagues on 19:39 - Jan 22 by Dyland

I've had my eyes (and mind) opened. Although I don't suffer from mental health problems myself, I feel like I've had a layman's insight into how it may be beneficial for ADD and related "disorders".

Not to mention the dimension bending sense of sitting in sound, which was like a trip back in time, excuse the pun.

I'm feeling a little evangelical about it all. Maybe I'll compete with Callers to see if I can post as many board dividing threads on a non-football related topic :)

We are talking about cannabis yes? If so I will happily be your footsoldier
Haha sitting in sound? hell fire

TWTD CP. Evans Out.

good luck (n/t) on 19:47 - Jan 22 with 4476 viewsJ2BLUE

good luck (n/t) on 19:38 - Jan 22 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah, good luck J2!

Cheers guys

Truly impaired.

Sickly colleagues on 19:57 - Jan 22 with 4460 viewsDyland

Sickly colleagues on 19:42 - Jan 22 by BackToRussia

We are talking about cannabis yes? If so I will happily be your footsoldier
Haha sitting in sound? hell fire

Yes, resin in a pill. Think they mix these ones with avocado (hmmm, wotever). I ate it kinda by mistake, or rather not really knowing exactly what it was. Moments of intensity but generally mellow. And dimension bending not unlike old school psychotropic chemicals, mescaline e.g. Overwhelming impression a couple of days later is that my mind feels uncluttered. I can't easily explain it. But I'll be getting my hands on some more, for recreational as much as medicinal reasons, nyoms.

Sickly colleagues on 20:13 - Jan 22 with 4442 viewsipswich78

Sickly colleagues on 19:13 - Jan 22 by J2BLUE

Not my problem. If you take a job you should be sure you can do the hours beforehand. As a one off it's fair enough if something falls through etc but repeatedly? Not good enough. Apparently one of our staff with kids has now declared she can't do certain shifts. Added to the ones she already can't do and she's left with all the best shifts. Funny how it worked out...thankfully I don't think my new childless manager is very sympathetic.

You come across as a very bitter individual. You need to get that chip off of your shoulder if you want to better yourself.

The internet. Giving idiots a voice since 1982.
Poll: The 'Cornetto' Trilogy. Which film is your number one?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024