Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
18:16 - Feb 19 with 5778 views_

This swearing thing... on 18:22 - Feb 19 with 5727 viewsblueislander

I assume that this is in search of a Whoosh.
This swearing thing... on 18:38 - Feb 19 with 5668 viewsEdwardF

What a vile human being! Have that man stripped & washed and sent to my tent!!

Poll: Hypothetically who would you prefer as your main striker:

This swearing thing... on 19:06 - Feb 19 with 5587 viewsJohnny_Boy

Why on earth has Mick apologised?

He's never had an issue being a right chippy cant in his whole managerial career - why start apologising for it now.

Very strange.
This swearing thing... on 19:14 - Feb 19 with 5557 viewsBlueBadger

This swearing thing... on 19:06 - Feb 19 by Johnny_Boy

He's never had an issue being a right chippy cant in his whole managerial career - why start apologising for it now.

Very strange.

Basically, because loads pf precious flowers who spend 90 minutes every week throwing grief at him can dish it out but can't take it.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This swearing thing... on 19:15 - Feb 19 with 5547 viewsStadiumofdark

This swearing thing... on 18:38 - Feb 19 by EdwardF

What a vile human being! Have that man stripped & washed and sent to my tent!!

Libero?

Admittedly hes a fairly tedious poster... but, this seems a bit harsh
This swearing thing... on 19:18 - Feb 19 with 5533 viewsJohnny_Boy

This swearing thing... on 19:14 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Basically, because loads pf precious flowers who spend 90 minutes every week throwing grief at him can dish it out but can't take it.

So are you suggesting his sweary retort was aimed at the Town fans?

I read on here yesterday a few comments suggesting he might have aimed it at the officials.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 19:20]
This swearing thing... on 19:26 - Feb 19 with 5504 viewsBlueBadger

This swearing thing... on 19:18 - Feb 19 by Johnny_Boy

So are you suggesting his sweary retort was aimed at the Town fans?

I read on here yesterday a few comments suggesting he might have aimed it at the officials.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 19:20]

Sorry, that should have read 'thought it was aimed at them'. I've had a gander at the footage, and I neither know nor care if he did or didn't.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:27]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

on 19:27 - Feb 19 with 5487 views_

This swearing thing... on 19:15 - Feb 19 by Stadiumofdark

Libero?

Admittedly hes a fairly tedious poster... but, this seems a bit harsh

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting viewpoint. on 19:36 - Feb 19 with 5449 viewsJohnny_Boy

This swearing thing... on 19:26 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

Sorry, that should have read 'thought it was aimed at them'. I've had a gander at the footage, and I neither know nor care if he did or didn't.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 21:27]

At the time of watching, I thought he did. I raised a smile.

Of course, that defiant gesture would have carried far more gravitas had he picked up all 3pts.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 19:39]
This swearing thing... on 21:23 - Feb 19 with 5279 viewsGarv

This swearing thing... on 19:06 - Feb 19 by Johnny_Boy

Very strange.

I think he knows what he did.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This swearing thing... on 23:33 - Feb 19 with 5119 viewsLuk38644

This swearing thing... on 21:23 - Feb 19 by Garv

I think he knows what he did.

That's what I thought when I saw he'd apologised. Maybe someone higher up has had a word?

Either way, I've never really given too much of a crap what managers say/do as long as they're performing. I can see why telling his own fans to 'f*ck off' is unacceptable and I can also see why he'd be annoyed at certain fans for abusing him. We'll never know, but if he did aim that at the Town fans, it's inexcusable from anybody - Can't be doing that as the manager of their football club.

Either way, the whole situation just shows how far divided Mick and the majority of the fanbase are, and that is why I think his time here is up come May.
This swearing thing... on 23:52 - Feb 19 with 5080 viewsJimmy86

It's unfortunate that this has become the biggest talking point of the match, which in all fairness was probably the right result, when all said and done.

Game of 2 halves, we were better in first and should have capitalised, they were better in the 2nd. Still when we score so late, we should have seen out the remaining time and won the game.

As the manager of the club it was perhaps not the most professional thing to do, but as others have said, in a game, against our biggest rivals to sing such negative songs is not on. The budgie's were loving it and didn't even have to slag us off. Now whilst his behaviour was questionable, towards fans who pay gd money and are lets face it, customers, these same fans shouldn't be so precious, bearing in mind their actions
This swearing thing... on 23:54 - Feb 19 with 5076 viewsGarv

This swearing thing... on 23:33 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

That's what I thought when I saw he'd apologised. Maybe someone higher up has had a word?

Either way, I've never really given too much of a crap what managers say/do as long as they're performing. I can see why telling his own fans to 'f*ck off' is unacceptable and I can also see why he'd be annoyed at certain fans for abusing him. We'll never know, but if he did aim that at the Town fans, it's inexcusable from anybody - Can't be doing that as the manager of their football club.

Either way, the whole situation just shows how far divided Mick and the majority of the fanbase are, and that is why I think his time here is up come May.

That's it, rarely if ever before has he 'issued an apology'.

That's the underlining thing here, you're right. It does prove how fractious it has got.

It will be an interesting summer. I wonder if he might let his mouth run once he's out of the club, budget wise, fan relationships etc.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

This swearing thing... on 00:05 - Feb 20 with 5051 viewsLuk38644

This swearing thing... on 23:54 - Feb 19 by Garv

That's the underlining thing here, you're right. It does prove how fractious it has got.

It will be an interesting summer. I wonder if he might let his mouth run once he's out of the club, budget wise, fan relationships etc.

Not sure there is much more dirty laundry to be aired regarding Mick/fans relationship becoming fractured. It's pretty open regarding how a majority of fans want him gone and think his football is crap and he is obviously open about how p*ssed off he is that the fans abuse him from time-to-time.

That said, think your second point is right. Evans missed the boat by not giving him funds before last season and he deserved some funding back then. I do think we'll look back on Mick in generally a generally good way and respect how he kept us up and turned us into something to be proud of in that 14/15 season, and I think we all acknowledge he has very tight limitations regarding budget, but I do think that parting ways is mutually beneficial come May and that it's not a given that we'll spiral downwards if he goes.

As you say, interesting summer coming up.
This swearing thing... on 00:06 - Feb 20 with 5050 viewsJimmy86

This swearing thing... on 23:54 - Feb 19 by Garv

Would be foolish to if he was out of work, as wouldn't look good to new employers. Don't think he ever really slagged off wolves that much and has always spoken fondly of his time there.

He will probably just highlight the fact he kept us up and then built, season on season, steady progression
This swearing thing... on 05:10 - Feb 20 with 4939 viewsbraveblue

This swearing thing... on 19:14 - Feb 19 by BlueBadger

For many reasons. But some people are so small minded they can’t see it. Live in a happy crappy safe world where nothing he does is ever wrong.
This swearing thing... on 06:01 - Feb 20 with 4915 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

This swearing thing... on 05:10 - Feb 20 by braveblue

For many reasons. But some people are so small minded they can’t see it. Live in a happy crappy safe world where nothing he does is ever wrong.

There is literally no one living in that world, however there are plenty for whom nothing Mick does is ever right...

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Interesting viewpoint. on 07:06 - Feb 20 with 4855 viewsTractorWood

Interesting viewpoint. on 19:36 - Feb 19 by Johnny_Boy

At the time of watching, I thought he did. I raised a smile.

Of course, that defiant gesture would have carried far more gravitas had he picked up all 3pts.
[Post edited 19 Feb 2018 19:39]

This. I don't care that he swore or even that it was allegedly aimed at away end (looks clear enough from the footage) I care that we didn't run the ball into the corner after 94 minutes.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

This swearing thing... on 08:46 - Feb 20 with 4776 viewsJimmyJazz

This swearing thing... on 00:06 - Feb 20 by Jimmy86

Would be foolish to if he was out of work, as wouldn't look good to new employers. Don't think he ever really slagged off wolves that much and has always spoken fondly of his time there.

He will probably just highlight the fact he kept us up and then built, season on season, steady progression

Wonder if he suddenly thought that this was his Ron Atkinson moment - his racist comment caught on air - and he thinks he may not get offered another position as a result, either here or elsewhere. Would you want to hire a manager who allegedly told his previous fans where to go, when they had just scored in the derby?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

on 08:57 - Feb 20 with 4755 views_

This swearing thing... on 08:46 - Feb 20 by JimmyJazz

Wonder if he suddenly thought that this was his Ron Atkinson moment - his racist comment caught on air - and he thinks he may not get offered another position as a result, either here or elsewhere. Would you want to hire a manager who allegedly told his previous fans where to go, when they had just scored in the derby?

This swearing thing... on 09:00 - Feb 20 with 4747 viewsBluebell

This swearing thing... on 08:46 - Feb 20 by JimmyJazz

It was hardly a racist comment which is a completely different kettle of fish!
This swearing thing... on 09:03 - Feb 20 with 4735 viewsKieran_Knows

This swearing thing... on 23:33 - Feb 19 by Luk38644

Once again, thank Marcus Evans.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 09:17 - Feb 20 with 4704 views_

This swearing thing... on 09:00 - Feb 20 by Bluebell

It was hardly a racist comment which is a completely different kettle of fish!

This swearing thing... on 09:24 - Feb 20 with 4677 viewsBenters2

Bring back the Birch that'll learn em!
This swearing thing... on 13:06 - Feb 20 with 4569 viewsJimmyJazz

on 09:17 - Feb 20 by _

But then why issue an apology? That's rather odd behavior for MM

Might it be a feeling that ME will issue a contract if MM attempts to mend the relationship with the fanbase. MM wants a new contract and realizes he needs to do something.

Not suggesting a racist comment is the same

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024