Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nouble v Sears 09:14 - Mar 9 with 3494 viewsCurrie10

Nouble absolutely mocked by many on here....

Yet Freddy has gone 30 appearances without a goal for us this term........

Just throwing it out there.

Nouble v Sears on 09:18 - Mar 9 with 3479 viewswkj

I think some of, if not all of Sears issues are due to him being played out wide and not partnering with a solid target man. Sears gives it his all and I desperately want him to find his feet, I didnt hate Nouble, but sometimes it felt like he would lack effort in games (other than his master class of defender intimidation vs Crystal Palace at home) It is much easier to savage people who look appear lazy

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Nouble v Sears on 09:32 - Mar 9 with 3439 viewsRadlett_blue

Nouble v Sears on 09:18 - Mar 9 by wkj

I think some of, if not all of Sears issues are due to him being played out wide and not partnering with a solid target man. Sears gives it his all and I desperately want him to find his feet, I didnt hate Nouble, but sometimes it felt like he would lack effort in games (other than his master class of defender intimidation vs Crystal Palace at home) It is much easier to savage people who look appear lazy

Exactly. Sears is a far better footballer than Nouble & if he hadn't been played in wide midfield so much, I think we'd be seeing a far more effective player.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Nouble v Sears on 09:36 - Mar 9 with 3423 viewsHopelessRomantic

Nouble v Sears on 09:18 - Mar 9 by wkj

It's a myth, if you change him to a striker he won't suddenly be good at finishing.
Nouble v Sears on 09:46 - Mar 9 with 3385 viewsdavblue

Nouble v Sears on 09:36 - Mar 9 by HopelessRomantic

It's a myth, if you change him to a striker he won't suddenly be good at finishing.

Have to agree with this.

He's missed some really good chances playing out wide. Think he lacks a bit of composure in front of goal and in reality he's had one good goalscoring season in his career.

There's something very likeable about him though, i just don't think he's quite got enough about his game for this level.
Nouble v Sears on 10:12 - Mar 9 with 3334 viewsSmithy

Freddies game is all about playing off the big man, and since Murphy has moved on we really haven't had that option and Freddie has suffered as a result of this and of course from being put out wide.

His best form was when in for McGoldrick and up top with Murphy who he fed off and they complimented each other well, his confidence was then high and as a result his finishing decent. To compare him with Nouble is just ludicrous, as least Freddie can run, control, dribble and provide a threat up top, Nouble did none of that.

Freddie's level may be league one, but given the right partnership could do a job in this division, Nouble's level is the National League (Conference) that's the difference.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Nouble v Sears on 10:14 - Mar 9 with 3321 viewsCurrie10

Nouble v Sears on 10:12 - Mar 9 by Smithy

Freddies game is all about playing off the big man, and since Murphy has moved on we really haven't had that option and Freddie has suffered as a result of this and of course from being put out wide.

His best form was when in for McGoldrick and up top with Murphy who he fed off and they complimented each other well, his confidence was then high and as a result his finishing decent. To compare him with Nouble is just ludicrous, as least Freddie can run, control, dribble and provide a threat up top, Nouble did none of that.

Freddie's level may be league one, but given the right partnership could do a job in this division, Nouble's level is the National League (Conference) that's the difference.

I'm not directly comparing him with Nouble in playing style - clearly far different.

However, his goal return this season is incredibly Nouble esque.

Agree completely as per post on the main wall, for Freddy to succeed he must be alongside a big unit in a 4-4-2 allowing gaps to happen.
Nouble v Sears on 10:15 - Mar 9 with 3322 viewsSwansea_Blue

These threads always benefit from pictures. So it's:

Versus

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Nouble v Sears on 10:43 - Mar 9 with 3290 viewsBlueBadger

It's my strong suspicion that a large part of Freddie's goal drought is now to him, saldy, being very willingbut ultimately limited. For my money, he's a decent league one standard player who was in the form of his life when we bought him. A bit like Kevin Lisbie, only with a far, far better attitude.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

Nouble v Sears on 10:47 - Mar 9 with 3275 viewsBlueBadger

Nouble v Sears on 09:46 - Mar 9 by davblue

Have to agree with this.

He's missed some really good chances playing out wide. Think he lacks a bit of composure in front of goal and in reality he's had one good goalscoring season in his career.

There's something very likeable about him though, i just don't think he's quite got enough about his game for this level.

Exactly that. He's hard working and has a terrific attitude and professionalism. He's simply not quite good enough.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Nouble v Sears on 10:49 - Mar 9 with 3261 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Nouble v Sears on 09:32 - Mar 9 by Radlett_blue

Exactly. Sears is a far better footballer than Nouble & if he hadn't been played in wide midfield so much, I think we'd be seeing a far more effective player.

Nouble regularly played out wide too

I don’t think Sears is a bad player but his career record shows he’s not really a goalscorer. He joined us in a purple patch and carried on that form for a bit, but in reality he’s had one good season in his entire career and averaged about 1 in 5 for the rest - whether that’s playing up top or out wide

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Nouble v Sears on 11:32 - Mar 9 with 3194 viewshoppy

Sears is great with a banjo though, Nouble, on the other hand...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Nouble v Sears on 11:49 - Mar 9 with 3171 viewsitfcjoe

Across the last 2 seasons their records are remarkably similar - crazy to think.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Nouble v Sears on 12:41 - Mar 9 with 3111 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Nouble v Sears on 10:12 - Mar 9 by Smithy

Got a hunch Sears will end up at Rotherham or Doncaster season, more than likely Rotherham if they don't get promoter.
Nouble v Sears on 12:46 - Mar 9 with 3102 viewsBiGDonnie

MIck has ruinied Sears by playing him out of position.

He done well for us playing up top. I'd be keen to see his goal/assist record when played through the middle?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

on 13:26 - Mar 9 with 3064 views_

Nouble v Sears on 11:49 - Mar 9 by itfcjoe

Across the last 2 seasons their records are remarkably similar - crazy to think.

Nouble v Sears on 13:51 - Mar 9 with 3024 viewsCurrie10

Nouble v Sears on 12:46 - Mar 9 by BiGDonnie

MIck has ruinied Sears by playing him out of position.

He done well for us playing up top. I'd be keen to see his goal/assist record when played through the middle?

Or has Freddy not done enough himself by adapting?

Perhaps if Sears was as good as a few think down the middle, perhaps we'd have been able to sell him for say £180 - £400k ? No idea market value with another side happily having a punt on him.

I would assume if we'd been offered around that figure, we may have cashed in this January?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024