Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now 08:42 - Mar 26 with 9544 viewsSteve_M

Evans makes an apology but no mention of the 60-65 tickets:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/ipswich-town-season-tickets-201819/

Early Bird Deadline 1 is 30 April.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 9:25]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:33 - Mar 26 with 2171 viewsunbelievablue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:30 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

So the age jump, while gutting, didn't actually stop you.

It was a joke, jeepers.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:48 - Mar 26 with 2149 viewsBrixtonBlue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:33 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

It was a joke, jeepers.

I wasn't saying if it was or wasn't a joke. I was just intrigued. I thought maybe because of it you ended up not smoking and it saved your life!

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 15:16 - Mar 26 with 2124 viewsnorth_stand77

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:38 - Mar 26 by chicoazul

Baby Boomers are the luckiest most selfish generation in history so I am all for charging them double than the rest of us personally.

What a ridiculous statement! You clearly have no idea about people aged over 60.

The state pension age was lowered unexpectedly and suddenly jumped to 66/67 from 60 for some, without time to plan ahead financially. Not everybody is loaded or retired.

As to your remark about over 60's being selfish, has it not occurred to you that the majority of that generation started working full time at 16, paid rent to their parents (money was usually tight) never had foreign holidays, expensive phones, computer games or a chance to 'go travelling'for a year.

It would equally be ridiculous for me to say that the under 23's shouldn't have any concession because they are adults who have enjoyed all the above benefits and more

Not ALL over 60's are in the financially comfortable position you portray AND most of our supporters of that age have spent a lifetime financially supporting Town, why should there not be a small financial reward for them?

I haven't seen any complaints from that age group over the under 23 concession, personally I'm all for it.
It's no skin of your nose if the 60 age was reinstated, so why the unpleasant comments?
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 17:32 - Mar 26 with 2100 viewsbluejacko

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:32 - Mar 26 by sundaze

I have no problem with pensioners getting concessions, but I don't see why Town should give discounts to those still at work after 60 and statistically having the largest disposable income. I know there are going to be exceptions, there always are, just as there will be in all age groups.
Town should be focusing their attention on finding ways to encourage youngsters to Portman Road and not just for music festivals. They should have players visiting schools throughout the county on a regular basis and handing out free tickets for every pupil for a match. There are plenty of spare seats to enable Town to target a number of schools each week.

The point is the concession was given and then instead of a gradual change the rug was well and truly yanked away from supporters who by and large have had a s/t for 30yrs plus!
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 22:29 - Mar 26 with 2056 viewsBrixtonBlue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 15:16 - Mar 26 by north_stand77

What a ridiculous statement! You clearly have no idea about people aged over 60.

The state pension age was lowered unexpectedly and suddenly jumped to 66/67 from 60 for some, without time to plan ahead financially. Not everybody is loaded or retired.

As to your remark about over 60's being selfish, has it not occurred to you that the majority of that generation started working full time at 16, paid rent to their parents (money was usually tight) never had foreign holidays, expensive phones, computer games or a chance to 'go travelling'for a year.

It would equally be ridiculous for me to say that the under 23's shouldn't have any concession because they are adults who have enjoyed all the above benefits and more

Not ALL over 60's are in the financially comfortable position you portray AND most of our supporters of that age have spent a lifetime financially supporting Town, why should there not be a small financial reward for them?

I haven't seen any complaints from that age group over the under 23 concession, personally I'm all for it.
It's no skin of your nose if the 60 age was reinstated, so why the unpleasant comments?

I think he was joking.

At least I hope he was.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 22:59 - Mar 26 with 2044 viewsRonFearonsHair

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:18 - Mar 26 by Superfrans

But the points system reduced the price effectively to nothing, didn't it? Problem is, it was a "jam tomorrow" deal. Good news is, it's now "tomorrow"...

It is not reduced to nothing for those who do not take their children to evening matches during term time. Seems a bit off that every time I make what I deem to be a responsible parenting decision it costs me £2. Wonder whether I ought to just present Junior's card at the turnstile first by 'mistake' every time.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 23:56 - Mar 26 with 2018 viewsnorth_stand77

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 22:29 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

I think he was joking.

At least I hope he was.

Was he? I didnt read it that way. If he was joking, it wasnt very funny
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 00:58 - Mar 27 with 2001 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 22:59 - Mar 26 by RonFearonsHair

It is not reduced to nothing for those who do not take their children to evening matches during term time. Seems a bit off that every time I make what I deem to be a responsible parenting decision it costs me £2. Wonder whether I ought to just present Junior's card at the turnstile first by 'mistake' every time.

That’s about 4 evening games a season. So junior’s season ticket adds up to £8? That’s harsh.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now on 10:52 - Mar 27 with 1969 viewsstig4532

I'm a season ticket holder in the middle East of England Co-Op stand and I've just renewed for next season. Despite not yet hearing about the future of MM, who I think should move on, I wanted to secure my seat.

I love coming to Ipswich (I come from North Norfolk on the train) and I think that there is potential to perform to a higher level next season, even if MM stays. I am very much Mick out, but I weighed up the arguments for and against renewing and I realised that I love Town so much that I will renew anyway.

Perhaps I'm drunk?!
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:56 - Mar 27 with 1955 viewschicoazul

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 22:29 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

I think he was joking.

At least I hope he was.

I never joke about Boomers, whose greed selfishness and sense of entitlement never cease to amaze me.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:08 - Mar 27 with 1947 viewsunbelievablue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:48 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

I wasn't saying if it was or wasn't a joke. I was just intrigued. I thought maybe because of it you ended up not smoking and it saved your life!

Oh sorry.

Mostly I could get away with buying them without ID at 16 and 17 when the age was upped to 18. If not, mates would sort me out.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now on 11:19 - Mar 27 with 1934 viewsconnorscontract

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:26 - Mar 26 by SWGF

As ever, they could've communicated it better.

They're not "free" as they were £50 this season, so in effect:

£10 - 2016/17
£50 - 2017/18
£0 - 2018/19 (assuming your kid has attended enough 2017/18 matches)
£5 - 2019/20 (assuming prices will be £50 and your kid has attended enough 2018/19 matches)

By then Jnr will no longer be U12 so goes up a price-band in any case.

Or it's "Pay for your Season Ticket and get a replica kit free".

Either way it is a brilliant deal.

And it also gives an incentive to parents to bring along say a nephew or niece if their child can't make it one week, giving potential new fans their first taste of live football.
The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now on 12:41 - Mar 27 with 1901 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now on 10:52 - Mar 27 by stig4532

I'm a season ticket holder in the middle East of England Co-Op stand and I've just renewed for next season. Despite not yet hearing about the future of MM, who I think should move on, I wanted to secure my seat.

I love coming to Ipswich (I come from North Norfolk on the train) and I think that there is potential to perform to a higher level next season, even if MM stays. I am very much Mick out, but I weighed up the arguments for and against renewing and I realised that I love Town so much that I will renew anyway.

Perhaps I'm drunk?!

You've renewed already? That's impressive.

Renewals don't open until April 3rd.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024