Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The official season ticket announcement is on the club site now 08:42 - Mar 26 with 9548 viewsSteve_M

Evans makes an apology but no mention of the 60-65 tickets:

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/march/ipswich-town-season-tickets-201819/

Early Bird Deadline 1 is 30 April.
[Post edited 26 Mar 2018 9:25]

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:47 - Mar 26 with 2885 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:36 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

The club should be targeting all fans, the situation is getting that desperate.

I suffered because of the change to concessions. My ticket price shot up. As a result i'm not renewing this year for the first time since 1973, i've just had enough.

I used to take my two grandsons, the younger fans you speak of, and they're not going anymore. They have the chance of their own tickets but don't want them.

Anyone aged 60 who still wants a season ticket should be encouraged too, I agree. If nothing else, as a reward for years of support.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:48 - Mar 26 with 2881 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:26 - Mar 26 by SWGF

As ever, they could've communicated it better.

They're not "free" as they were £50 this season, so in effect:

£10 - 2016/17
£50 - 2017/18
£0 - 2018/19 (assuming your kid has attended enough 2017/18 matches)
£5 - 2019/20 (assuming prices will be £50 and your kid has attended enough 2018/19 matches)

By then Jnr will no longer be U12 so goes up a price-band in any case.

Yes, Communication is not our strength, by any means.

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:59 - Mar 26 with 2868 viewssparks

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:36 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

The club should be targeting all fans, the situation is getting that desperate.

I suffered because of the change to concessions. My ticket price shot up. As a result i'm not renewing this year for the first time since 1973, i've just had enough.

I used to take my two grandsons, the younger fans you speak of, and they're not going anymore. They have the chance of their own tickets but don't want them.

Whilst the abrupt change in over 60s price must have been aggravating there is no logical basis for people below retirement age to get a concession. Indeed they are likely to have the most time and disposable income...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:18 - Mar 26 with 2838 viewsflimflam

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:01 - Mar 26 by SWGF

From what I can see, Jnr's ST is free as he'll have the points to get £48 off a £45 ticket. And then as he obtains points next season, a large chunk off of the season after as well.

They should be bigging that up far more than they are.

£46 not £48 but still a technically free season ticket for U12's who attend all home matches.

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:22 - Mar 26 with 2834 viewsTendring_Blue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:56 - Mar 26 by Simonds92

Completely agree, the younger fans are the ones we should be targeting.

OAP's have plenty on money (and houses!), the Under 23's don't.

Makes total sense to me.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:49 - Mar 26 with 2802 viewsDripFedFred

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:59 - Mar 26 by sparks

Whilst the abrupt change in over 60s price must have been aggravating there is no logical basis for people below retirement age to get a concession. Indeed they are likely to have the most time and disposable income...

I'm not sure why you think anyone below the retirement age of 68 has more spare time than anyone else.

As for disposable income, unless you are proposing means tested ticket prices then not sure how that is relevant either.

Anyone in that 60+ age bracket is likely to have been a supporter for many, many years. Going to football is not something you start doing at that age. All it has done is to drive away many long-term supporters.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:14 - Mar 26 with 2790 viewssparks

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:49 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

I'm not sure why you think anyone below the retirement age of 68 has more spare time than anyone else.

As for disposable income, unless you are proposing means tested ticket prices then not sure how that is relevant either.

Anyone in that 60+ age bracket is likely to have been a supporter for many, many years. Going to football is not something you start doing at that age. All it has done is to drive away many long-term supporters.

People that age do not usually have children using their time and money. They are more likely to be home owners and to have paid off mortgages. On average they are likely to have more time and money. Certainly not logical reason for a concession.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:30 - Mar 26 with 2779 viewsDripFedFred

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:14 - Mar 26 by sparks

People that age do not usually have children using their time and money. They are more likely to be home owners and to have paid off mortgages. On average they are likely to have more time and money. Certainly not logical reason for a concession.

I've not seen a logical reason for taking it away either. It's been in place for a while, taking it away was a spiteful and miscalculated act.

The only reasons i've seen given to support taking it away are the ones that seem prevalent across society as a whole nowadays. "Waaah waaah waah someone gets something I don't, take it away from them."

Either way, it's driven away people who will very likely never return, and not just those who receive the concession.
Login to get fewer ads

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:34 - Mar 26 with 2768 viewsBrixtonBlue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:30 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

I've not seen a logical reason for taking it away either. It's been in place for a while, taking it away was a spiteful and miscalculated act.

The only reasons i've seen given to support taking it away are the ones that seem prevalent across society as a whole nowadays. "Waaah waaah waah someone gets something I don't, take it away from them."

Either way, it's driven away people who will very likely never return, and not just those who receive the concession.

I agree with everything you've said apart from the "spiteful" bit. They just brought it in line with most other clubs. They didn't do it out of spite.

But once it's at the lower age they might as well leave it there for the revenue they'll lose and the bad PR it generates. A massive OG for the club, that.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:38 - Mar 26 with 2755 viewschicoazul

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:30 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

Baby Boomers are the luckiest most selfish generation in history so I am all for charging them double than the rest of us personally.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:43 - Mar 26 with 2760 viewsDripFedFred

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:34 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

I agree with everything you've said apart from the "spiteful" bit. They just brought it in line with most other clubs. They didn't do it out of spite.

But once it's at the lower age they might as well leave it there for the revenue they'll lose and the bad PR it generates. A massive OG for the club, that.

Perhaps I should have used a synonym... unkind is maybe a better word. Whether it brings ITFC in line with other clubs is not important and should not be used as a justification. I thought ITFC prided itself on being a family club.

As you say it's a OG. The club have lost three regulars just in my household, two of them school aged boys who have lost interest just at the age where the club should be becoming ingrained.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:45 - Mar 26 with 2757 viewsDripFedFred

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:38 - Mar 26 by chicoazul

Baby Boomers are the luckiest most selfish generation in history so I am all for charging them double than the rest of us personally.

A perfect example of the attitude I described. Wanting to punish people because they were lucky.

As for selfish, that's not a generational trait, people of all ages can be selfish.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:03 - Mar 26 with 2742 viewsitfcjoe

I can see why the club needed to do something with it, beause ultimately an over-60s discount makes no real sense.

But it would have made more sense to link it to state pension age, and anyone who was already there continued to receive it.

Then the people it screwed over were those who were 58 or 59 and who are a fewer number and most importantly not in receipt currently of the discount

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:06 - Mar 26 with 2729 viewshype313

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:38 - Mar 26 by chicoazul

Facters was caught up in it, so it's a great shout in my book #goldplatepension

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:09 - Mar 26 with 2724 viewsunbelievablue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:03 - Mar 26 by itfcjoe

I can see why the club needed to do something with it, beause ultimately an over-60s discount makes no real sense.

But it would have made more sense to link it to state pension age, and anyone who was already there continued to receive it.

Then the people it screwed over were those who were 58 or 59 and who are a fewer number and most importantly not in receipt currently of the discount

Much like when I was a kid and they changed the age of buying fags from 16 to 18 just as I turned 16. Gutting that was.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:13 - Mar 26 with 2713 viewsSuperfrans

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 11:43 - Mar 26 by DripFedFred

Perhaps I should have used a synonym... unkind is maybe a better word. Whether it brings ITFC in line with other clubs is not important and should not be used as a justification. I thought ITFC prided itself on being a family club.

As you say it's a OG. The club have lost three regulars just in my household, two of them school aged boys who have lost interest just at the age where the club should be becoming ingrained.

Any decision like this will have made from a business perspective - this would seem to be clearer than ever, given the decision not to u-turn on it this year.

It would be clear from analysing our customer data what proportion of our support is made up of 55yo-plus fans - and therefore what impact this is likely to have on our income levels if the 60+ concession remained in place. It might quite simply have been commercial suicide to leave it - or reintroduce it.

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:21 - Mar 26 with 2703 viewsBenters2

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 10:22 - Mar 26 by Tendring_Blue

OAP's have plenty on money (and houses!), the Under 23's don't.

Makes total sense to me.

I think the fossils and under 23s should get in free.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:24 - Mar 26 with 2695 viewsBrixtonBlue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:09 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

Much like when I was a kid and they changed the age of buying fags from 16 to 18 just as I turned 16. Gutting that was.

Did you end up a smoker?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:26 - Mar 26 with 2690 viewsunbelievablue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:24 - Mar 26 by BrixtonBlue

Did you end up a smoker?

Smoked socially from 16-21 with a period of heavy smoking for a year at uni.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:30 - Mar 26 with 2680 viewsBrixtonBlue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:26 - Mar 26 by unbelievablue

Smoked socially from 16-21 with a period of heavy smoking for a year at uni.

So the age jump, while gutting, didn't actually stop you.

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:37 - Mar 26 with 2672 viewsSteve_M

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:26 - Mar 26 by SWGF

£10 - 2016/17
£50 - 2017/18
£5 - 2019/20 (assuming prices will be £50 and your kid has attended enough 2018/19 matches)

It's like they're reading the board this morning:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:41 - Mar 26 with 2668 viewsPhilTWTD

£10 - 2016/17
£50 - 2017/18

They did try to push the angle of introducing the U23s price and the U12s ticket costing only a few quid if kids went to all games but that got rather lost in the overall picture with the 1.5 per cent increase, the senior citizens and mature students changes.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:16 - Mar 26 with 2609 viewsTendring_Blue

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 12:21 - Mar 26 by Benters2

I think the fossils and under 23s should get in free.

That would be great, but sadly we are no charity.

The way they dealt with the changes last season was out of order though. Could have been phased in.
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:30 - Mar 26 with 2600 viewscrunchie1978

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 09:22 - Mar 26 by ElderGrizzly

Given they haven’t got their act together on match day tickets either, I can’t see them turning away thousands of fans if 30th April ticks over and 6,000 are sold

I can't see them turning away hundreds let alone thousands
The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 13:32 - Mar 26 with 2600 viewssundaze

The official season ticket announcemtn is on the club site now on 08:56 - Mar 26 by Simonds92

Completely agree, the younger fans are the ones we should be targeting.

I have no problem with pensioners getting concessions, but I don't see why Town should give discounts to those still at work after 60 and statistically having the largest disposable income. I know there are going to be exceptions, there always are, just as there will be in all age groups.
Town should be focusing their attention on finding ways to encourage youngsters to Portman Road and not just for music festivals. They should have players visiting schools throughout the county on a regular basis and handing out free tickets for every pupil for a match. There are plenty of spare seats to enable Town to target a number of schools each week.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024