Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? 10:29 - Apr 5 with 5309 viewsblueysbackside

Just interested in people's views. ....
He has built the club, got them on the verge of promotion and it's just the start.
To come here, one would expect that he thinks Ipswich is a bigger job and presumably he would be on more money and be given assurances about a kitty for transfers.
I find it all a bit unlikely myself. The Venkys will surely want to keep him and the Blackburn post seems a lot more of a favorable one than Ipswich right now.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:49 - Apr 5 with 1784 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:23 - Apr 5 by Radlett_blue

Exactly. Mowbray has also said that going to manage Boro - where he was a hero - was the biggest mistake of his life.

Not sure of the relevance of that without knowing his reasons behind it.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:52 - Apr 5 with 1773 viewsmaccyd9

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:31 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

"I read a Blackburn forum yesterday and almost to a man, they can't see him wanting to come here over staying there."

Why would that surprise anyone?

Of course Blackburn Fans think that.

Fans are not as blinkered as you think and will clearly know more about their own situation.

They believe he would get more backing there, that he is enjoying the job there and as outsiders don't see Ipswich as the draw we Ipswich fans perceive

The only case for him coming here I've seen is his love for Ipswich, which I just don't see as being the case. He's not a Burley type or someone with great great affinity who would risk what he has.

I just don't see it.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:54 - Apr 5 with 1769 viewsArcher4721

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:31 - Apr 5 by hype313

He loves the area, his wife is from the area he has a real affinity with us and an owner that will give him time.

Or stay in an area none of us would want to step into under owners who didn't know what relegation was.

And yet he's turned the job down a couple of times before.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:56 - Apr 5 with 1765 viewshype313

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:54 - Apr 5 by Archer4721

And yet he's turned the job down a couple of times before.

Twice has he?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:57 - Apr 5 with 1765 viewsArcher4721

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:51 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

Even when you read that post on Blackburn message board, it talksa bout him going if they don't go up, if they go up and don't start well he'll be under fire and in trouble.

He has built his reputation back that a solid Championship club wants him, strike while the iron is hot and come here to one of the most stable jobs in the football league or keep going at Blackburn.

His wife is from the area and his assistant is very keen to get back to the area, and it is a club he holds a great affinity for.

Sorry I don't go for all this romantic nonsense about "he loves the club" etc. He's turned it down in the past. He's a football manager and he'll go where there's most money on offer and no doubt other clubs will be monitoring his situation.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:01 - Apr 5 with 1751 viewsArcher4721

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:56 - Apr 5 by hype313

Twice has he?

Yep apparently according to Phil.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:02 - Apr 5 with 1750 viewsitfcjoe

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:57 - Apr 5 by Archer4721

Sorry I don't go for all this romantic nonsense about "he loves the club" etc. He's turned it down in the past. He's a football manager and he'll go where there's most money on offer and no doubt other clubs will be monitoring his situation.

But clear that here he would get time under a safe owner - we are a pretty attractive job in that respect.

When you read the Blackburn messages they are basically saying sack him if they don't go up which after what he's acheived there seems a bit OTT. Also a couple say if they lose in the POs give him a couple of months at start of next season.

He comese here and he's got a fair crack at it which isn't the case at most clubs

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:02 - Apr 5 with 1748 viewsVic

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:48 - Apr 5 by usm

Thats Evans problem - if he wants him he should do all he can to get him.

Easier to say than do, but hes a successful businessman so it shouldnt be a major problem for him.

If ME is true to form he'll think he's the right guy, but wont be prepared to pay the necessary to get him and we'll end up with someone who comes cheap.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:10 - Apr 5 with 1726 viewsArcher4721

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:02 - Apr 5 by itfcjoe

But clear that here he would get time under a safe owner - we are a pretty attractive job in that respect.

When you read the Blackburn messages they are basically saying sack him if they don't go up which after what he's acheived there seems a bit OTT. Also a couple say if they lose in the POs give him a couple of months at start of next season.

He comese here and he's got a fair crack at it which isn't the case at most clubs

So attractive that he's turned it down twice before.

I think other clubs will be interested and can't see Evans getting into a bidding war even if he wanted him.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:16 - Apr 5 with 1718 viewsclive_baker

I understand there's a pretty big (and fairly sad) carrot for Veno to come back, however I'm not sure what Mogga's stance on it is. I was told he would be open to it, but didn't want any distractions at the moment from the job in hand of getting Blackburn up, which I can understand. I guess he'll try and get them up and then take stock. I hope ME doesn't feel like he needs to rush this, I would rather we wait for the right appointment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:18 - Apr 5 with 1711 viewsNo9

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 10:44 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

Will he get any of the above at Blackburn?

So far he's not done too badly
But, I understand your point
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:38 - Apr 5 with 1687 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:52 - Apr 5 by maccyd9

Fans are not as blinkered as you think and will clearly know more about their own situation.

They believe he would get more backing there, that he is enjoying the job there and as outsiders don't see Ipswich as the draw we Ipswich fans perceive

The only case for him coming here I've seen is his love for Ipswich, which I just don't see as being the case. He's not a Burley type or someone with great great affinity who would risk what he has.

I just don't see it.

As I have said previously, us getting Mogga would depend on him failing in his objectives at Blackburn.

If they stay in League 1, we become more attractive.

He is also likely to have a more patient owner here.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 14:11 - Apr 5 with 1633 viewsCurrie10

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 12:38 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

As I have said previously, us getting Mogga would depend on him failing in his objectives at Blackburn.

If they stay in League 1, we become more attractive.

He is also likely to have a more patient owner here.

If he fails with Blackburn I'd be even less likely to want him than I already am.
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 14:24 - Apr 5 with 1617 viewsFreddy

I don't see it happening tbh, he's under contract until June 2019 and they have another 12 months option on him, plus pretty sure he live in Teeside and commutes daily to Blackburn .
Don't see ME paying off his contract
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 14:28 - Apr 5 with 1607 viewslongtimefan

why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 11:31 - Apr 5 by Marshalls_Mullet

"I read a Blackburn forum yesterday and almost to a man, they can't see him wanting to come here over staying there."

Why would that surprise anyone?

Of course Blackburn Fans think that.

One of his wife’s relatives who has a season ticket here said much the same. The exact advice was don’t put any money on him coming here!
why would Mogga leave Blackburn? on 14:30 - Apr 5 with 1600 viewsSpruceMoose

He currently has to live near Blackburn. What more reason does one need?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024