Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history 16:53 - Apr 16 with 3078 viewsgainsboroughblue

That is quite a staggeringly proud stat really.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:12 - Apr 16 with 3045 viewsBlueinBrum

It is, especially compared to so many other clubs.

For example Leeds - who (EXCLUDING caretakers) have had 16 since 2002!!
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:14 - Apr 16 with 3032 viewsTJS

Yes I've often thought if you did a list of all 92 clubs we would be in the top 10 of fewest managers.
Unfortunately the number of permanent managers listed by club does not seem to be easily available anywhere.
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:18 - Apr 16 with 3018 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep.

And that's what still makes times like these very much a novelty to us as fans.

I think we'll get our money's worth out of this one though - it could easily be another 6 weeks or more until our new permanent manager is confirmed.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:27 - Apr 16 with 2990 viewsIllinoisblue

it is great, no doubt about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:28 - Apr 16 with 2984 viewsgainsboroughblue

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:12 - Apr 16 by BlueinBrum

It is, especially compared to so many other clubs.

For example Leeds - who (EXCLUDING caretakers) have had 16 since 2002!!

Feels like they've had 16 in the last two years!

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:31 - Apr 16 with 2975 viewsclive_baker

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:28 - Apr 16 by gainsboroughblue

Feels like they've had 16 in the last two years!

They've had 12 since McCarthy joined Town.

Bonkers.

Numbskulls.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:45 - Apr 16 with 2945 viewsFtnfwest

Apparently we have the 7th highest average managerial term if all the clubs. Although if that were applied to just post war then top 3 I reckon. Micks term was about average for us.
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:48 - Apr 16 with 2930 viewschicoazul

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:45 - Apr 16 by Ftnfwest

Apparently we have the 7th highest average managerial term if all the clubs. Although if that were applied to just post war then top 3 I reckon. Micks term was about average for us.

That overall average will be very skewed by Wenger Nicholson and Fergie too (although Sir Bob did 13 years).

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:51 - Apr 16 with 2919 viewsFtnfwest

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:48 - Apr 16 by chicoazul

That overall average will be very skewed by Wenger Nicholson and Fergie too (although Sir Bob did 13 years).

It is but mainly because between 1900 and the last war a lot of clubs only had 2, 3 or 4 managers. Sacking just weren't the done thing
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 20:18 - Apr 16 with 2768 viewsOxford_Blue

Not when the next one will be the fifth in ten years.
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 21:40 - Apr 16 with 2686 viewsgainsboroughblue

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 20:18 - Apr 16 by Oxford_Blue

Not when the next one will be the fifth in ten years.

Or the second in six years.

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 22:37 - Apr 16 with 2619 viewssolemio

I rather like the statistic that only one manager had a higher win %age than the three month period in 1937 when we had no manager. During that period we won 63.6% of our matches.

The only higher was our first professional manager, Mick O'Brien with 64.1%.
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 02:15 - Apr 17 with 2511 viewsharlingblue

A proud stat, especially with what the club and some of those Managers achieved in the past.
Division 1 Winners (equivalent to Premiership Winners in those days), FA Cup Winners, UEFA Cup Winners, all done by two Managers that came to our club as 'rookie managers'.
Alf Ramsey and Bobbie Robson, both later to become England International Teams' most successful Managers.
The Cobbold Family at the helm for most of that time, must have been something in the brew?
Over to you Marcus, totally different playing field nowadays, but food for thought?
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 07:37 - Apr 17 with 2410 viewsOxford_Blue

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 21:40 - Apr 16 by gainsboroughblue

Or the second in six years.

or the sixth in 11 years or the seventh in 15.....
Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 08:49 - Apr 18 with 2261 viewsBerkshire_Blue

Whoever he is, our next manager will be only the 16th in our history on 17:14 - Apr 16 by TJS

Yes I've often thought if you did a list of all 92 clubs we would be in the top 10 of fewest managers.
Unfortunately the number of permanent managers listed by club does not seem to be easily available anywhere.

Soccer base list managers
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024