Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do some of you really still use travel agents? 19:58 - Apr 23 with 8074 viewsBluefish

Bit odd.

I've been on holiday at least once a year since 2002 and used one once, it was definitely the worst holiday of the lot.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:02 - Apr 23 with 4860 viewsSpruceMoose

Clearly many people do, as they are still a thing.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:04 - Apr 23 with 4846 viewsJ2BLUE

I assume it's the older generation and they will die out as that part of the population ages and perhaps travel less. If I was booking a holiday it wouldn't even occur to me to use a travel agent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:05 - Apr 23 with 4840 viewstcblue

Sometimes. But one I trust, and whom I give itinerary parameters to. I don't always have the time to mess around looking for flights and hotels and cars etc. and I NEVER have the inclination to do it - all that admin is just a huge headache that I can outsource.
Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:07 - Apr 23 with 4828 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:02 - Apr 23 by SpruceMoose

Clearly many people do, as they are still a thing.

That's the bit I can't work out though.........how are they still a thing?? Who are these people?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:09 - Apr 23 with 4816 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:05 - Apr 23 by tcblue

Sometimes. But one I trust, and whom I give itinerary parameters to. I don't always have the time to mess around looking for flights and hotels and cars etc. and I NEVER have the inclination to do it - all that admin is just a huge headache that I can outsource.

But it is so easy now. When I 1st started booking it was a bit of a challenge and you needed to know the best sites which were largely unadvertised. These days it is so easy.

Would you use a TA in the UK? The process is exactly the same.

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:10 - Apr 23 with 4806 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:04 - Apr 23 by J2BLUE

I assume it's the older generation and they will die out as that part of the population ages and perhaps travel less. If I was booking a holiday it wouldn't even occur to me to use a travel agent.

That's exactly what i assumed but surely they should be disappearing by now if that was the case

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 with 4793 viewsSpruceMoose

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:07 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

That's the bit I can't work out though.........how are they still a thing?? Who are these people?

Businesses, old folks, rich folks, busy folk, people with more money than sense. Someone currently is, or else they'd be a thing of the past.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 with 4794 viewsfloridaboy

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:07 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

We are doing two holidays to the U.S. this year and have done everything ourselves.

Surprising what good deals you can get on bookings.com and hotels.com. As for flights can go far wrong with Virgin Atlantic who we have used for many years with no problems.

Travel agents cant touch us for prices by doing it DIY!!
Login to get fewer ads

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 with 4793 viewstcblue

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:09 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

But it is so easy now. When I 1st started booking it was a bit of a challenge and you needed to know the best sites which were largely unadvertised. These days it is so easy.

Would you use a TA in the UK? The process is exactly the same.

'Easy' depends on your itinerary and what you want to do, if it's two weeks in Marbella in the hotel that shows EastEnders and does a proper full English then yeah, it's simple.
Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:14 - Apr 23 with 4788 viewsSpruceMoose

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 by floridaboy

We are doing two holidays to the U.S. this year and have done everything ourselves.

Surprising what good deals you can get on bookings.com and hotels.com. As for flights can go far wrong with Virgin Atlantic who we have used for many years with no problems.

I second VA. Their service far exceeds BA and their prices are often cheaper. That Heathrow Lounge too... oh mama.

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:16 - Apr 23 with 4775 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 by SpruceMoose

Businesses, old folks, rich folks, busy folk, people with more money than sense. Someone currently is, or else they'd be a thing of the past.

I work for a massive corporate and it is scandalous how colleagues use a TMC for UK trips. They are different to high st agents though so that can't be where the money comes from.

Online holidays used to be so cheap before the big agents bought the web companies out though. They are still cheaper but not like it was 2002-2010 era

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:17 - Apr 23 with 4761 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:12 - Apr 23 by floridaboy

I am going to the US twice this year as well. Are you my wife?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:19 - Apr 23 with 4755 viewsSpruceMoose

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:16 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

I work for a massive corporate and it is scandalous how colleagues use a TMC for UK trips. They are different to high st agents though so that can't be where the money comes from.

Online holidays used to be so cheap before the big agents bought the web companies out though. They are still cheaper but not like it was 2002-2010 era

I guess when you're spending someone else's money some people are liable to take the pish, if they think they can get away with it.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 20:22]

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:22 - Apr 23 with 4729 viewsLord_Lucan

Lunn Poly year 2000

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:29 - Apr 23 with 4697 viewsrosseden

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:05 - Apr 23 by tcblue

this is the case for me with about 75% of my travel..... i do the odd bit myself but mostly outsource.....

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:34 - Apr 23 with 4679 viewsNewcyBlue

I have only ever been abroad on holiday twice.

Once was to Spain. Some sort of package holiday thing. Wasn't much impressed.

Second time was Center Parcs in Holland.

My holidays now are just a weekend away in Ipswich. Dreams do come true lads!

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:35 - Apr 23 with 4677 viewsrosseden

i also dont really get this for UK based trips, overseas I make my guys use our travel agency, part of the contract is emergency cover and our global insurance cover and such like, so if something happens somewhere, they are responsible for getting them out. We had folks in Paris and Brussels when there have been issues, and they're very good at sorting that stuff then to get people safe and out asap. If we are off somewhere really high risk then we use them but with a higher level of due diligence (they have a special dept for that) to make sure its safe. But for local stuff, i get my secretary to sort it for me, she uses about 3 sites and can do 99% of bookings there. It does baffle me how many companies ask staff to use them for local stuff tho. Its just dead money and you are in your home country so you get all the local cover anyway......

Poll: can the majority of twtd users count?
Blog: [Blog] To Deal or Not to Deal, That is the Question?

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:37 - Apr 23 with 4665 viewsWeekender

Perhaps the most important thing: protection and assistance when things go wrong.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2018 20:42]

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:37 - Apr 23 with 4663 viewsfloridaboy

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:17 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

I am going to the US twice this year as well. Are you my wife?

Well if I am we have been married 44 years and have two sons and four grandchildren.

Does that seem right?
Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:02 - Apr 23 with 4592 viewsitfcjoe

I used one today.

They get the same prices as I can, do the running round and earn a bit of commission so helps them out.

I used one for my honeymoon and it was much better also than had I booked it myself as added a few bits I wasn't able to do.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:08 - Apr 23 with 4568 viewsBluefish

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:02 - Apr 23 by itfcjoe

I used one today.

They get the same prices as I can, do the running round and earn a bit of commission so helps them out.

I used one for my honeymoon and it was much better also than had I booked it myself as added a few bits I wasn't able to do.

Same price as you?? Not a chance! Unless it is on a specific hotel that they have the main rights to possibly. I have saved thousands and stayed better places than i would have ever found through a travel agent. It will all change for you when you start booking in school hols

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:15 - Apr 23 with 4535 viewsitfcjoe

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:08 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

Same price as you?? Not a chance! Unless it is on a specific hotel that they have the main rights to possibly. I have saved thousands and stayed better places than i would have ever found through a travel agent. It will all change for you when you start booking in school hols

I found a deal and then they got it all sorted and didn't cost me any more and they did a fair bit of running around and different flight options etc

A lot of the independents get the same price as you do and a kick back for going to certain places so everyone wins.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:30 - Apr 23 with 4495 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 20:22 - Apr 23 by Lord_Lucan

Lunn Poly year 2000

Do you remember when you paid for our family holiday with pound coins?

Poll: Best Football Song

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:33 - Apr 23 with 4483 viewsLord_Lucan

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:30 - Apr 23 by RoyKeanesDog

Do you remember when you paid for our family holiday with pound coins?

That was the one.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:49 - Apr 23 with 4440 viewsLord_Lucan

Do some of you really still use travel agents? on 21:08 - Apr 23 by Bluefish

It depends on where you go.

If you want to go to The Far East then you are better booking flights and hotel independently but take somewhere in Turkey, Europe or Mexico then someone like Thomsons will usually be better value. The place I went to in Mexico last year was absolutely amazing, probably the finest "Resort" type holiday I have ever been to. Before booking I looked at all options and it was impossible to get close to Thomsons. There were very few other English in our bit, it was mostly Canadians and they had paid about two thirds more than us for 10 days rather that our 14.

When you said travel agents I assumed you meant people like Lunn Poly.

The airline type agents and or some of the Ice Lolly type firms will be cheaper than booking separate flights and hotels - generally.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024