Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RSPCA 18:11 - May 10 with 53119 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Do they kill injured birds when they come to collect them.

Saw an injured pigeon in my garden this morning. But it scarpered into the bushes and is assumed was gone. When I’ve come home a few minutes ago, it’s at the end of my garden and seems to have a broken wing.

We’ve looked for a rescue centre online but ended up only calling the RSPCA. Do they look after the pigeon or will they kil it? Genuine question. I feel really sorry for it. If I did t have a dog, I’d take it in and nurse it back to health if it saves them killing him/her.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The RSPCA on 18:36 - May 10 with 2653 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The RSPCA on 18:29 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Don't bite Rommers.

Aye I’ll leave it

Just accidentally made myself laugh when I said aloud ‘we now have a pigeon in a box. It’s living in a cardboard box’. Like that song from years ago.

The RSPCA on 18:38 - May 10 with 2647 viewsBluebell

If a bird has a broken wing there isn't a lot they can do about it I'm afraid Rommy. Even if you kept it at home it would probably die as you wouldn't know how to treat it or what to feed it.

If it had been a red kite, peregrine falcon or eagle (hardly in Romford though) they would try to save it. Unfortunately pigeons are so prolific I doubt they will do anything for it unless it is not badly injured.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 18:49]
The RSPCA on 18:38 - May 10 with 2646 viewsJ2BLUE

The RSPCA on 18:35 - May 10 by Herbivore

I'm starting to think he might be a bit of a strange one.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 18:42]

Too far.

Even if Rommers has got legs that go right up his tuppence*

*According to Newcy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The RSPCA on 18:38 - May 10 with 2643 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I obviously have issues with Benters (more so the taxi driver in fairness) but comments like that certainky won’t help things. I’d delete that if I was you as I wouldn’t want you banned - even though you are sticking up for me.

The RSPCA on 18:39 - May 10 with 2631 viewsNewcyBlue

Whatever you think, I suggest an edit.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The RSPCA on 18:41 - May 10 with 2621 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:39 - May 10 by NewcyBlue

Whatever you think, I suggest an edit.

Uncle Phil will not be happy if he sees it before it's edited

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The RSPCA on 18:41 - May 10 with 2618 viewsbrogansnose

The RSPCA on 18:22 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Well that’s ruined my day.

We just had to put a box over him/her to calm it down. That’s what they said to do. The poor thing looked terrified.

It will be terrifed. Its had an injury, will be in pain and is now in a completely alien environment for a wild bird. Looking for something positive, it will have a humane death rather than being eaten.

Problem is that birds are difficult to treat and pigeons are a bit two a penny. These things happen buh, it ain't nice but its the way things go. If you had a hedgehog mind..........
The RSPCA on 18:42 - May 10 with 2612 viewsBluebell

Really?

The definition of a nonce is...

Noun. nonce (plural nonces) (Britain, slang, pejorative) A sex offender, especially one who is guilty of sexual offences against children. That bloke who lives at number 53 is a nonce!

You really think that of Benters?
Login to get fewer ads

The RSPCA on 18:43 - May 10 with 2599 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:42 - May 10 by Bluebell

Really?

Noun. nonce (plural nonces) (Britain, slang, pejorative) A sex offender, especially one who is guilty of sexual offences against children. That bloke who lives at number 53 is a nonce!

I believe there was an edit...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

The RSPCA on 18:43 - May 10 with 2596 viewsJ2BLUE

The RSPCA on 18:42 - May 10 by Bluebell

Really?

He's edited it. I think you should too.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The RSPCA on 18:44 - May 10 with 2588 viewsBenters2

The RSPCA on 18:47 - May 10 with 2570 viewsgtsb

The RSPCA on 18:22 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Well that’s ruined my day.

We just had to put a box over him/her to calm it down. That’s what they said to do. The poor thing looked terrified.

I had one in my front garden on Friday Rommy. A cat was stalking it and had obviously hurt it as its wing was torn off and the side of the bird had flesh ripped out. I couldn't pick it up in that state so I got a spade and gently put it on its neck then in one quick movement I chopped its head off. Didn't know anything about it and I ended its misery.
The RSPCA on 18:49 - May 10 with 2553 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:47 - May 10 by gtsb

I had one in my front garden on Friday Rommy. A cat was stalking it and had obviously hurt it as its wing was torn off and the side of the bird had flesh ripped out. I couldn't pick it up in that state so I got a spade and gently put it on its neck then in one quick movement I chopped its head off. Didn't know anything about it and I ended its misery.

Well, that escalated quickly. What did the poor cat do to deserve that!?

The RSPCA on 18:50 - May 10 with 2545 viewsBluebell

The RSPCA on 18:43 - May 10 by J2BLUE

He's edited it. I think you should too.

Why? It wasn't me who said it!
The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 with 2539 viewsgtsb

The RSPCA on 18:49 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

Believe you me, if I could've killed the cat I would have. I hate cats.
The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 with 2538 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:50 - May 10 by Bluebell

Why? It wasn't me who said it!

On reflection he thought better of it.

And now it makes you look crazy, bringing up nonces on a pigeon thread

The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 with 2536 viewsNewcyBlue

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 with 2535 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 by gtsb

Woah there. We've got our thirty pager right here.

They often say those that hate animals often have psychopathic tendencies. Have you chopped the heads of any birds lately or anything?
[Post edited 10 May 2018 18:52]

The RSPCA on 18:52 - May 10 with 2530 viewsBenters2

I have put many animals out of their misery,i cant stand to see any animal in pain.

I prefer animals to people.
The RSPCA on 18:53 - May 10 with 2517 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 18:52 - May 10 by Benters2

I have put many animals out of their misery,i cant stand to see any animal in pain.

Probably because they can't tell you off for your normal behaviour...

The RSPCA on 18:54 - May 10 with 2514 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Like fair play to ya because you’ve obviously done that through kindness but I still don’t think I could bring myself to do that. The thing was hopping round tryna avoid the box so obviously had life in him but his wing just weren’t working unfortunately.

I can’t hear him flapping now the box is on though.

I’m just pleased my dog showed enough restraint this morning when he saw it to go near but not attack as I shouted down the garden to get inside at him. At least he didn’t attack it as I expected when I saw it near barney.

The RSPCA on 18:55 - May 10 with 2506 viewsHerbivore

Even taxi drivers?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

The RSPCA on 18:55 - May 10 with 2506 viewsBlue_Order

Might have been a nonce.
The RSPCA on 18:55 - May 10 with 2505 viewsstrikalite

The RSPCA on 18:51 - May 10 by gtsb

You sound like a killer on the loose gtsb...:)
The RSPCA on 18:57 - May 10 with 2496 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I hate seeing animals in distress too Benters. Hence the thread. Which was why I thought the horse racing comment was so unnecessary.

Showing some empathy for an injured animal might make me look a bit silly to even ask the question but i couldn’t care less.

That rat a few months back wouldn’t have lasted two seconds of I hadn’t stopped my brother smashing its head in with a cricket bat before the thing ran about for three hours that night.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024