Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The RSPCA 18:11 - May 10 with 53122 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Do they kill injured birds when they come to collect them.

Saw an injured pigeon in my garden this morning. But it scarpered into the bushes and is assumed was gone. When I’ve come home a few minutes ago, it’s at the end of my garden and seems to have a broken wing.

We’ve looked for a rescue centre online but ended up only calling the RSPCA. Do they look after the pigeon or will they kil it? Genuine question. I feel really sorry for it. If I did t have a dog, I’d take it in and nurse it back to health if it saves them killing him/her.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

The RSPCA on 20:19 - May 10 with 4588 viewswkj

The RSPCA on 20:16 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

She's got something for you too. It's called Pepper Spray.

Get that and a bit of salt spray to J2 and it might make his offerings edible

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The RSPCA on 20:19 - May 10 with 4582 viewsBlue_Order

The RSPCA on 20:11 - May 10 by J2BLUE

it happened on a Wednesday morning and I was on a speed awareness course

Did 33 in a 30 on the way home and all 😎
The RSPCA on 20:20 - May 10 with 4576 viewswkj

The RSPCA on 20:19 - May 10 by Blue_Order

Did 33 in a 30 on the way home and all 😎

People like you disgust me, no wonder my premiums are so high

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

The RSPCA on 20:20 - May 10 with 4571 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The RSPCA on 20:06 - May 10 by Blue_Order

Just to avoid any accusations that I’m only here for the nonce backlash, here’s a heartwarming pigeon story.

A pigeon once made a nest outside the door of the back of my work, on some little bracket thing attached to the wall. At first I wasn’t impressed at all, and told it to f.ck off a couple of times, as you do, but as the days wore on, I grew to not mind it, and would nod and sometimes ask ‘alright?’ in its direction. Some mornings I even helped to rebuild its nest if the wind had dislodged it overnight.

A while later, it laid birth to a baby pigeon. Bearing in mind that by this point, it was clear that the pigeon was a female, and as I’d never seen her bring anyone home for the night, it was safe to assume she was a single parent. I couldn’t sit by and let her struggle, so I’d watch over the little fella while she was out getting takeaway or whatever. I made sure he was protected from any potential predators (usually the little weirdo that worked in the building opposite), and played him some tunes on my phone.

Eventually the mother abandoned the kid (I dunno if that’s standard avifauna behaviour, or just shïtty parenting), but I kept on playing it the newest and best post-punk bands of the time, and sometimes tried to help him catch his dinner by pointing out potential insect hotspots on the grass below. In time he grew strong enough to go and make his own gaff somewhere else, and with that he left.

I didn’t actually see him leave (it happened on a Wednesday morning and I was on a speed awareness course) which I took quite personally as a goodbye would have been nice, but I know he’ll have appreciated my role as his surrogate stepdad for those few weeks as he got older. I just hope he didn’t turn out to be a peado pigeon.

That is quite magnificent.

Thankyou

The RSPCA on 20:25 - May 10 with 4553 viewsmos

The RSPCA on 20:06 - May 10 by Blue_Order

Just to avoid any accusations that I’m only here for the nonce backlash, here’s a heartwarming pigeon story.

A pigeon once made a nest outside the door of the back of my work, on some little bracket thing attached to the wall. At first I wasn’t impressed at all, and told it to f.ck off a couple of times, as you do, but as the days wore on, I grew to not mind it, and would nod and sometimes ask ‘alright?’ in its direction. Some mornings I even helped to rebuild its nest if the wind had dislodged it overnight.

A while later, it laid birth to a baby pigeon. Bearing in mind that by this point, it was clear that the pigeon was a female, and as I’d never seen her bring anyone home for the night, it was safe to assume she was a single parent. I couldn’t sit by and let her struggle, so I’d watch over the little fella while she was out getting takeaway or whatever. I made sure he was protected from any potential predators (usually the little weirdo that worked in the building opposite), and played him some tunes on my phone.

Eventually the mother abandoned the kid (I dunno if that’s standard avifauna behaviour, or just shïtty parenting), but I kept on playing it the newest and best post-punk bands of the time, and sometimes tried to help him catch his dinner by pointing out potential insect hotspots on the grass below. In time he grew strong enough to go and make his own gaff somewhere else, and with that he left.

I didn’t actually see him leave (it happened on a Wednesday morning and I was on a speed awareness course) which I took quite personally as a goodbye would have been nice, but I know he’ll have appreciated my role as his surrogate stepdad for those few weeks as he got older. I just hope he didn’t turn out to be a peado pigeon.

That was majestic.

“Our slick new attacking side is being outpassed and outmaneuvered by Ipswich” - West Ham Forum
Poll: How do you think we will finish next season?

The RSPCA on 21:08 - May 10 with 4487 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Update:

The RSPCA bloke ain’t even turned up yet.The pigeon is still under the box in the garden. It’s getting dark. We can’t leave it like that overnight as a fox will mutilate it

The RSPCA on 21:11 - May 10 with 4479 viewsJ2BLUE

The RSPCA on 21:08 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Update:

The RSPCA bloke ain’t even turned up yet.The pigeon is still under the box in the garden. It’s getting dark. We can’t leave it like that overnight as a fox will mutilate it

Sorry to make light of it Rommers but if they haven't turned up soon you might have to.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The RSPCA on 21:12 - May 10 with 4473 viewsNewcyBlue

Update:

The fox would solve the issue...

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Login to get fewer ads

The RSPCA on 21:15 - May 10 with 4460 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The RSPCA on 21:11 - May 10 by J2BLUE

Sorry to make light of it Rommers but if they haven't turned up soon you might have to.

I just can’t. I can’t do it.

The fox killing it would be carnage so that don’t sound nice either.

The RSPCA on 21:47 - May 10 with 4428 viewsgtsb

The RSPCA on 21:15 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

I just can’t. I can’t do it.

The fox killing it would be carnage so that don’t sound nice either.

When I was about your age I had to kill my sister's pet rabbit. I didn't have a clue what to do so I put it in a carrier bag, pegged the bag on the washing line and whacked it as hard as I could with one of my nephew's cricket bat. Did the trick.
The RSPCA on 21:59 - May 10 with 4421 viewsmrshallisfit

The RSPCA on 18:25 - May 10 by SpruceMoose

It's the circle of life Rommers. I know it can look sad through our human eyes, but it is what it is. Wild animals have accidents, or get attacked and die all the time.

Your interjection is just preventing a beaver or bald eagle from having it's dinner.
[Post edited 10 May 2018 18:25]

How many bald eagles have you seen in Rockford? I guess there is beaver there though. Lots of bald beaver.
The RSPCA on 22:04 - May 10 with 4411 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The RSPCA on 21:47 - May 10 by gtsb

When I was about your age I had to kill my sister's pet rabbit. I didn't have a clue what to do so I put it in a carrier bag, pegged the bag on the washing line and whacked it as hard as I could with one of my nephew's cricket bat. Did the trick.

Blimey

The RSPCA on 22:06 - May 10 with 4406 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When push comes to shove they will breed with magpies, and magpies are evil....

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The RSPCA on 22:34 - May 10 with 4385 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Update:

Update 2:

He ain’t turned up yet. So we decided to ring Pets at home. They said they’d take it if we could bring it to them. However when we went in the dark and took the box off it to try to get it so we could put it in the box, it scarpered. As it ran at me, I shay meself and dropped the torch. That meant it’s sadly ran in the bushes and we are pretty much fecked now. The RSPCA have done feck all to help. At least pets at home were willing to take it in - albeit to put it to sleep if the wing damage was too much they said.

I feel a bit responsible now if a fox kills it. I can see myself having my balcony doors open tonight listening out to see if the foxes go at it.

What a world.

The RSPCA on 22:38 - May 10 with 4381 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

The RSPCA on 19:22 - May 10 by wkj

I'm fine chap, trying a bit of tough love stop fighting you wallys, tactics

You're Jeremy Kyle aren't you!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

The RSPCA on 22:40 - May 10 with 4379 viewsgtsb

The RSPCA on 22:34 - May 10 by The_Romford_Blue

Update 2:

He ain’t turned up yet. So we decided to ring Pets at home. They said they’d take it if we could bring it to them. However when we went in the dark and took the box off it to try to get it so we could put it in the box, it scarpered. As it ran at me, I shay meself and dropped the torch. That meant it’s sadly ran in the bushes and we are pretty much fecked now. The RSPCA have done feck all to help. At least pets at home were willing to take it in - albeit to put it to sleep if the wing damage was too much they said.

I feel a bit responsible now if a fox kills it. I can see myself having my balcony doors open tonight listening out to see if the foxes go at it.

What a world.

How are you allowed to babysit your little brother when you can't even take care of a knackered pigeon!!!!
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:43]
The RSPCA on 22:49 - May 10 with 4364 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

The RSPCA on 22:40 - May 10 by gtsb

How are you allowed to babysit your little brother when you can't even take care of a knackered pigeon!!!!
[Post edited 10 May 2018 22:43]

I’m not sure giving the pigeon access to an Xbox 1 and offering to cook him dinner will help in this situation to be fair.

The RSPCA now say there was never anyone coming as it was after 6pm so out of hours. Ffs. Had we not been told to put a box over it, we’d have been in daylight so could’ve stuck it in the box and drove it to pets at home straight away - before it got dark and caused that issue.

Same again tomorrow evening if a fox doesn’t kill it tonight.

The RSPCA on 22:50 - May 10 with 4362 viewsgtsb

The RSPCA on 22:54 - May 10 with 4358 viewsvapour_trail

Update 2:

What a world.

Sorry rommers but that made me lol.

Who’d have though a thread about pigeons and nonces could be so much fun.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

The RSPCA on 00:12 - May 11 with 4302 viewsBlue_Order

There’s boys running around with blades in Romford Burger King, and you’re getting done over by a paralysed pigeon in your own back garden.

Never leave your house, mate.

Edit - Your bedroom*
[Post edited 11 May 2018 0:13]
The RSPCA on 01:00 - May 11 with 4266 viewsLuk38644

Update 2:

What a world.

You shat yourself over a pigeon?! Blimey mate, gotta be picking it up, they are harmless!

On a serious note, fair play for trying to help it. I'd do exactly the same. Every animal we have is a rescue animal of some kind and if I see one of our cats bring a mouse/rannie/ducklings home, I'll give their a*se a good toeing, save the creature and release it back into the wild.

My sister has tried to save a few pigeons in her time but it rarely ends well because they often die of a heart attack/shock, but if it manages to survive and you recapture it, just leave it in a quiet, undisturbed place with some water and very fine breadcrumbs and it'll sort itself out.

Unfortunately, if it ran away and gets caught, that's nature. Survival of the fittest and all that. If it was big enough to kill and eat you, it would.
The RSPCA on 01:01 - May 11 with 4259 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 21:47 - May 10 by gtsb

In one afternoon of posting you have caused me to now be terrified of you!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

The RSPCA on 02:28 - May 11 with 4217 viewsRyorry

The RSPCA on 18:52 - May 10 by Benters2

I have put many animals out of their misery,i cant stand to see any animal in pain.

I prefer animals to people.

"I prefer animals to people"

Going by most of your posts on here over the years, I think that's pretty obvious, tbh.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The RSPCA on 02:48 - May 11 with 4205 viewsRyorry

The RSPCA is one of the richest charities in the UK, yet some of its behaviour towards both animals and humans - including donors - is despicable. 10 mins googling will show what I mean.

In 2010 or thereabouts, had a bird trapped in a chimney, couldn't free it ourselves. Called the RSPCA who refused point blank to even visit. Had to listen to it flapping about as it died slowly. Horrendous

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

The RSPCA on 03:02 - May 11 with 4200 viewsSpruceMoose

The RSPCA on 02:48 - May 11 by Ryorry

The RSPCA is one of the richest charities in the UK, yet some of its behaviour towards both animals and humans - including donors - is despicable. 10 mins googling will show what I mean.

In 2010 or thereabouts, had a bird trapped in a chimney, couldn't free it ourselves. Called the RSPCA who refused point blank to even visit. Had to listen to it flapping about as it died slowly. Horrendous

No wonder the Royal family love ‘em!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024