Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? 08:19 - May 24 with 2296 viewsBluefish

Perhaps he was the top pick but we have to wait until after Wembley to confirm.

Perhaps he was the top pick from day 1?

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:21 - May 24 with 2275 viewsKieran_Knows

I just don't see Shrewsbury allowing that to happen, in the build up to their play off games (when we knew Mick was going), and then in the build up to the play-off final in the last couple of weeks. Talk about a distraction?!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:24 - May 24 with 2260 viewsBluefish

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:21 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

I just don't see Shrewsbury allowing that to happen, in the build up to their play off games (when we knew Mick was going), and then in the build up to the play-off final in the last couple of weeks. Talk about a distraction?!

Maybe we interviewed 1st and asked them after just like Sundrland did? Maybe Shrewsbury are furious but keeping it quiet to try and keep things on track for the players and fans?

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:25 - May 24 with 2255 viewsitfcjoe

I'd be hugely surprised. Also he was available with the bookies at 6/1 as recently as Monday.

If it was a fait accompli there is no way it wouldn't have leaked at all and a few had lumped on to an extent that he never got past odds on.

I think it's wishful thinking to hope he's been interviewed properly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:28 - May 24 with 2221 viewsIpswichKnight

I'm sure we have approached Shrewsbury probably to see if they have a buy out clause and if they are willing to let us talk, suspect we have probably had conversations with him ( by phone/skype etc ) and or his representatives to find out wage demands and if he would be interested then left it until after the weekend.

I don't get the feeling we are the type of club to go behind another teams back to talk directly to a manager.
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:29 - May 24 with 2220 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:21 - May 24 by Kieran_Knows

Evan said is well connected in the football world. Whose to say he didn’t meet him informallymonths ago, was impressed, knew Mick was likely to leave and has of course now agreed to hold off until after the play off final.

There is no way there hasn’t been some kind of contact in the past. I suspect it’s a shoe in if Shrewsbury lose the final, otherwise more complicated.....

What’s very strange in that Sunderland have gone for Ross over Hurst......

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:31 - May 24 with 2207 viewsBluefish

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:28 - May 24 by IpswichKnight

I'm sure we have approached Shrewsbury probably to see if they have a buy out clause and if they are willing to let us talk, suspect we have probably had conversations with him ( by phone/skype etc ) and or his representatives to find out wage demands and if he would be interested then left it until after the weekend.

I don't get the feeling we are the type of club to go behind another teams back to talk directly to a manager.

I didn't think we were the type to line up a new manager behind the back of a club legend and then sack the manager by text and replace him with a moron.....

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:33 - May 24 with 2187 viewsIpswichKnight

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:31 - May 24 by Bluefish

I didn't think we were the type to line up a new manager behind the back of a club legend and then sack the manager by text and replace him with a moron.....

True but that was a long time ago now and I try not to think to long or hard about that man!
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:34 - May 24 with 2187 viewsBluefish

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:29 - May 24 by BlueyandCrazy

Evan said is well connected in the football world. Whose to say he didn’t meet him informallymonths ago, was impressed, knew Mick was likely to leave and has of course now agreed to hold off until after the play off final.

There is no way there hasn’t been some kind of contact in the past. I suspect it’s a shoe in if Shrewsbury lose the final, otherwise more complicated.....

What’s very strange in that Sunderland have gone for Ross over Hurst......

Not sure that it matters if they win the final. I have said poaching managers isn't as easy now but it still should be from Shrewsbury

Login to get fewer ads

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:36 - May 24 with 2173 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

This is the only logical explanation for the position we find ourselves in today.

I speculate that Hurst has been interviewed and the fact has been kept secret so as not to disrupt Shrewsbury's preparations for the Playoff Final.

I also speculate that he has been offered the position and has accepted.

Jack Ross is the 2nd choice if anything goes wrong.

Hurst will manage Shrewsbury for the last time on Sunday and an announcement will be made on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

It would be short-sighted to keep everyone, especially Jack Ross, waiting on the basis of one candidate whom possibly may not be interested.

IMHO, there is much activity going on behind the scenes.
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:39 - May 24 with 2140 viewsBloomBlue

If he has, if he then leaves us after 6 months because he was tapped up/interviewed by another club hopefully no Town fan will complain
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:40 - May 24 with 2140 viewsPendejo

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:36 - May 24 by Bad_Boy_Mark

This is the only logical explanation for the position we find ourselves in today.

I speculate that Hurst has been interviewed and the fact has been kept secret so as not to disrupt Shrewsbury's preparations for the Playoff Final.

I also speculate that he has been offered the position and has accepted.

Jack Ross is the 2nd choice if anything goes wrong.

Hurst will manage Shrewsbury for the last time on Sunday and an announcement will be made on Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

It would be short-sighted to keep everyone, especially Jack Ross, waiting on the basis of one candidate whom possibly may not be interested.

IMHO, there is much activity going on behind the scenes.

No. That would be deemed an illegal approach.

Maybe he has an agent who has made enquiries on his behalf

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:45 - May 24 with 2108 viewsBluefish

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:40 - May 24 by Pendejo

Tapping up is just a part of football now since agents took over the power. It is accepted and to be fair was always pointless, it has always gone on.

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:46 - May 24 with 2105 viewsFixed_It

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:40 - May 24 by Pendejo

I would be surprised if there hasn't been at least indirect contact. Probably with an agent, as you suggest.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:49 - May 24 with 2094 viewsRegencyBlue

Logically it explains the situation we find ourselves in but there are a couple of major risks associated with that.

1. Shrewsbury get promoted and Hurst decides to stay with them.

2. Somebody does a Sunderland and makes a late move for Hurst.

Important few days for ME I think!
[Post edited 24 May 2018 19:26]
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:52 - May 24 with 2075 viewsBad_Boy_Mark

True but this is football and it would hugely surprise me if discussions between the two parties, ahem, representatives of the two parties had not taken place and moved to an advanced stage.

Otherwise, why not give the position to Jack Ross a week ago and start the preparation for next season?
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:53 - May 24 with 2064 viewsLeoMuff

not really up to Shrewsbury though, if Hurst wants to speak to us they in reality have little choice as they can’t risk a disgruntled/distracted manager coming up to their biggest game. It’s the way of modern footy , players and manager hold the power.

I’m hoping behind closed doors Hurst is a done deal, if not Evans is going to have a problem or a decent plan c as people are not going to be happy....

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:53 - May 24 with 2066 viewsBetablocker

I doubt it. Problem might be that how does Evans scehulde the 2 or 3 interviews in with Hurst before the world cup where I guess mot much happens.

I think he should have considered group interviews with them all across 2 days and picked his man that way.

Seeing as we have treated the manager search thar no other club seems to use we might as well go fully left field!
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:56 - May 24 with 2054 viewsSaigonTractor

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:46 - May 24 by Fixed_It

I would be surprised if there hasn't been at least indirect contact. Probably with an agent, as you suggest.

Agreed. I reckon Evans must be pretty confident in landing Hurst regardless of how the playoffs go else he would have offered Ross the job.
Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 11:00 - May 29 with 1843 viewsBluefish

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 08:24 - May 24 by Bluefish

Maybe we interviewed 1st and asked them after just like Sundrland did? Maybe Shrewsbury are furious but keeping it quiet to try and keep things on track for the players and fans?

Is there a possibility that Hurst has already been interviewed? on 11:22 - May 29 with 1804 viewsJ2BLUE

It's important to remember that he could be interviewed from his house without anyone knowing via Skype. An interview doesn't mean he would have had to go and meet ME. I'm sure they could have found an hour window at some point.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024