Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... 15:43 - Jun 12 with 4470 viewsITFC_Forever

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44453994

Absolute moron.

Had his chance at the job he thought he was entitled to and promptly blew it in spectacular style. Even I (as one of his biggest critics) was amazed quite how quickly he screwed up.
I vowed not to watch England while he was in charge - I didn't expect the boycott to only have to last one game.

Greedy pr1ck. Just couldn't help himself.

If he was still in charge, I would still be watching the WC, but continuing my boycott of England matches.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 15:49]

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:48 - Jun 12 with 4063 viewsJ2BLUE

We owe The Telegraph a great deal. I wonder if the FA realised their mistake and just used that to get rid of him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... on 15:48 - Jun 12 with 4061 viewsSteve_M

It's never his fault:

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:54 - Jun 12 with 4017 viewsSpruceMoose

I am overjoyed that that useless goon is nowhere near the England team.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:58 - Jun 12 with 4000 viewsBlueBadger

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:48 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

We owe The Telegraph a great deal. I wonder if the FA realised their mistake and just used that to get rid of him.

I rather fear that you're attributing a level of competence to the FA that they've never had, here.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:12 - Jun 12 with 3937 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:48 - Jun 12 by J2BLUE

I completely disagree.

No matter who the manager is, an undercover investigation to screw over the National team’s manager should never be applauded.

The newspaper’s smarmy horrible antics were nothing short of a disgrace.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:15 - Jun 12 with 3927 viewsm14_blue

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 15:54 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

I am overjoyed that that useless goon is nowhere near the England team.

I know, I actually LIKE this England team.

I like Southgate, I like the way we play, I even like most of the players.

I don't think we're going to pull up trees but I'd absolutely love it if we did well.
Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:22 - Jun 12 with 3913 viewsITFC_Forever

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:12 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I completely disagree.

No matter who the manager is, an undercover investigation to screw over the National team’s manager should never be applauded.

So the England manager should be allowed to abuse his position and conduct shady business deals, while using his position for his own personal benefit???

What makes the England manager above the law?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:24 - Jun 12 with 3907 viewsFunge

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:12 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

I completely disagree.

Allardyce is a scumbag, Rommers.
Login to get fewer ads

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:28 - Jun 12 with 3894 viewsm14_blue

I completely disagree.

It was Allardyce who was a disgrace. Abusing his, already incredibly well paid, position in order to make a few more quid.

Someone that morally bankrupt should not be in such a prestigious position and I'm glad he was exposed.

Complete plonker
Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:32 - Jun 12 with 3875 viewsIpswichKnight

We'd have proper blokes in the England team if fat Sam was still here none of this youth nonsense, Crouchy and Wayne up front ;0)

The Telegraph did us a great service in showing him up for being the greedy money taking @rse that he is.
Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:34 - Jun 12 with 3869 viewsJ2BLUE

I completely disagree.

Can see your point, but if he did the right thing it wouldn't be an issue.

They can only expose the truth.

Truly impaired.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:43 - Jun 12 with 3833 viewsDanFord

I completely disagree.

You do realise that if he had said no and not done anything deemed inappropriate then there would be no story. The thing about entrapment is that if you are honest then it doesn't work!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:45 - Jun 12 with 3826 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:24 - Jun 12 by Funge

Allardyce is a scumbag, Rommers.

That isn’t the point.

Whether he was guilty or not, they still went undercover to cause trouble.

They were lucky they found something or there’d have been an uproar.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:47 - Jun 12 with 3812 viewsJ2BLUE

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:45 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

That isn’t the point.

None of us would have ever heard of the investigation if they didn't find anything out.

Do you think they randomly decided to approach him on that subject? Someone tipped them off either to settle a score or pocket some £££

Truly impaired.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:48 - Jun 12 with 3804 viewsDanFord

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 16:45 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

That isn’t the point.

They had reason to believe he was going to do something inappropriate and then exposed that. I very much doubt they have done similar with Southgate. There is a reason they did this and it's because they felt it was likely to prove fruitful. To a degree you can argue they did us a big favour.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:03 - Jun 12 with 3767 viewsSWGF

I made the mistake of listening to Talksport for 5mins on the weekend. Our "own" Georgie Bingham and Tony Cascarino were both saying how harshly he'd been treated and that this was "his" England. Cascarino then started talking about how Ashley "Cole" had been picked as a left back in the current squad despite him being a right-footed winger.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... on 17:26 - Jun 12 with 3720 viewsSpruceMoose

That isn’t the point.

I'm not surprised that an East Ender would side with the corrupt and dubious fraternity.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 17:32]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:29 - Jun 12 with 3708 viewsITFC_Forever

That isn’t the point.

No... if there was nothing to find, then Allardyce would have had nothing to worry about and nothing would have come of it.

However, there was and it did.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:31 - Jun 12 with 3703 viewsSpruceMoose

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:03 - Jun 12 by SWGF

I made the mistake of listening to Talksport for 5mins on the weekend. Our "own" Georgie Bingham and Tony Cascarino were both saying how harshly he'd been treated and that this was "his" England. Cascarino then started talking about how Ashley "Cole" had been picked as a left back in the current squad despite him being a right-footed winger.

Talk Sport is the unthinking man's Radio 5. We all know this. What were you thinking venturing onto there, man!? I'm amazed you didn't have to suffer listening about another of Alan Brazil's 'hilarious' drink driving escapades.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 18:52 - Jun 12 with 3597 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:29 - Jun 12 by ITFC_Forever

No... if there was nothing to find, then Allardyce would have had nothing to worry about and nothing would have come of it.

However, there was and it did.

They went looking to find something though - that’s my point. I find it a bit unethical to go looking for dirt. It’s not a million miles away from the phone hacking scandal that closed down the news of the world.

They didn’t just investigate Alardyce remember. They went looking everywhere. All undercover.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... on 18:55 - Jun 12 with 3579 viewsSpruceMoose

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 18:52 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

They went looking to find something though - that’s my point. I find it a bit unethical to go looking for dirt. It’s not a million miles away from the phone hacking scandal that closed down the news of the world.

They didn’t just investigate Alardyce remember. They went looking everywhere. All undercover.

Sorry Rommers this is nonsense. How on earth is this anything like the hacking of Milly Dowler's phone?

It's supposed to be one of the jobs of the press to try and keep those in positions of power and influence honest. Allardyce wasn't honest, they found him out, and his downfall is his own doing. There's nothing unethical about it.

What you're complaining about is simply investigative journalism.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 18:59]

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... on 19:01 - Jun 12 with 3560 viewsFunge

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 18:52 - Jun 12 by The_Romford_Blue

That's the entire premise of investigative journalism though, Rommers - having a suspicion about something, or someone, and digging accordingly. And your NOTW point validates the whole reason
for this kind of journalism.... a sh1tty excuse for a paper, hoisted on their own petard when the story broke....

FWIW, I consider what happened here to be rather different than the 'honey-trap' journalism personified by the Fake Sheikh, or all that nonsense that John Terry's dad went through.

Allardyce is a wrong 'un; he clearly shouldn't be in the most 'important footballing job in the nation', in view of the issues raised by the interview.
[Post edited 12 Jun 2018 19:01]
Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 19:23 - Jun 12 with 3521 viewsBlueBadger

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 17:03 - Jun 12 by SWGF

Talksh1te is the radio equivalent of TWTD news comments.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 19:24 - Jun 12 with 3517 viewsSpruceMoose

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 19:23 - Jun 12 by BlueBadger

Talksh1te is the radio equivalent of TWTD news comments.

Harsh but fair.

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 19:24 - Jun 12 with 3512 viewsBlueBadger

Insert anti-Allardyce rant below..... "I should still be manager".... on 19:24 - Jun 12 by SpruceMoose

Harsh but fair.

In this case, it's a rare occasion in which TWTD news comments can feel aggrieved.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024