Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup 19:37 - Jun 12 with 3537 viewsSpruceMoose

Mark my words. Duncan Goodhew has made a shocking decision here.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/jun/12/var-world-cup-referees-flag-off

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 19:41 - Jun 12 with 3517 viewsm14_blue

Totally agree.

I can see so many games being decided by soft penalties and players trying to use it to their advantage, something England will inevitably be rubbish at too.
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 19:45 - Jun 12 with 3503 viewsSpruceMoose

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 19:41 - Jun 12 by m14_blue

Totally agree.

I can see so many games being decided by soft penalties and players trying to use it to their advantage, something England will inevitably be rubbish at too.

No doubt there will be some kind of VAR controversy which sends England home against someone like Colombia.

At the crucial moment, some intern will trip over a cable plunging the system into darkness. At that very moment a corner will be directed goalwards by Gary Cahill's buttock, crossing the line by inches, before being hoofed away by the ghost of Carlos Valderama.

Goal disallowed. England exit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 05:15 - Jun 13 with 3312 viewsjjblue84

Football should be run by men, and not computers. This is so obvious !
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 06:40 - Jun 13 with 3269 viewsITFC_Forever

Yep, can see this coming a mile off.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 08:37 - Jun 13 with 3178 viewsTIB

I watch highlights on Sky Sports News of the MLS and it seems like every game over there uses VAR...multiple times in a single game at times.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 10:58 - Jun 13 with 3097 viewsOldsmoker

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 19:41 - Jun 12 by m14_blue

Totally agree.

We have Dele Alli.
He trips over the painted white line of the penalty area.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:01 - Jun 13 with 3082 viewsm14_blue

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 10:58 - Jun 13 by Oldsmoker

We have Dele Alli.
He trips over the painted white line of the penalty area.

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting we have the moral high ground over diving, just that we're not very good at it.

See Sterling's 'effort' against Nigeria for exhibit A.
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:03 - Jun 13 with 3078 viewsSuperfrans

Will it be worse than this?

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Login to get fewer ads

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:04 - Jun 13 with 3078 viewspoppiesman

I seen a few games on TV that has VAR, and every one of those games has been turned into a farce at times due to the ref using VAR.
I have said it before that VAR will ruin football as a spectacle and it will.
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:05 - Jun 13 with 3072 viewsITFC_Forever

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:03 - Jun 13 by Superfrans

Don't need VAR for that - the goal-line technology would resolve that one.

Or officials with eyes that work.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:17 - Jun 13 with 3011 viewsSpruceMoose

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 11:03 - Jun 13 by Superfrans

I remember being in a hotel room in Copenhagen watching that. Wanted to trash the place after coming to the conclusion that no, they weren't joking, it really wasn't being allowed.

If that had been counted I maintain to this day we would have gone on to give them a hiding.

So far over the line. We were in the ascendancy then. Took all the wind out of our sails.

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:27 - Jun 13 with 2989 viewsTJS

They should have left it at goal line technology as I think most fans were happy with this.
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:34 - Jun 13 with 2977 viewsStokieBlue

Did you see that the officials reviewing the VAR in the Moscow control room are going to have to wear referees tracksuits like the officials at pitchside.

"The reason is at the end they sweat as much as someone on the field, because the tension is very high," Collina said.

Excellent.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:35]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:36 - Jun 13 with 2970 viewsNazemariner

It'll make for fantastic TV. That's all anyone cares about these days.
VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:57 - Jun 13 with 2922 viewsSpruceMoose

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:34 - Jun 13 by StokieBlue

Did you see that the officials reviewing the VAR in the Moscow control room are going to have to wear referees tracksuits like the officials at pitchside.

"The reason is at the end they sweat as much as someone on the field, because the tension is very high," Collina said.

Excellent.

SB
[Post edited 13 Jun 2018 13:35]

Finally, a new role for full kit w@nker John Terry.

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:58 - Jun 13 with 2922 viewsmonty_radio

Like it or not, you're not on the side of history boys - unless it be the ancient variety. VAR will attract the same amount of controversy that everything does in this my-opinion-too age. And it will cause frustration, argument - and eventually settle to being thought indispensable. Mind you, playing football under artificial light will never catch on.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 16:10 - Jun 13 with 2860 viewsm14_blue

VAR is going to ruin this World Cup on 13:58 - Jun 13 by monty_radio

Like it or not, you're not on the side of history boys - unless it be the ancient variety. VAR will attract the same amount of controversy that everything does in this my-opinion-too age. And it will cause frustration, argument - and eventually settle to being thought indispensable. Mind you, playing football under artificial light will never catch on.

You're almost certainly right, and I'm not against it per se.

However, I'm also convinced, in it's current muddled guise, it will have a hugely detrimental impact on this world cup.

Hope I'm wrong.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024