Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I applaud whichever one of you this was 14:15 - Jun 18 with 3365 viewsDanFord

From the BBC story on Leicester's £20m bid for Maddison: 'Norwich should rename the trophy room at Carrot Road in honour of their manager and everything they have won, and name it FARKE HALL!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:19 - Jun 18 with 3325 viewsNo9

Look back over the years and ask why is it that NCFC can get more for players - ordinary or not than Town can for quality.
A question no one has ever answered.
I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:20 - Jun 18 with 3299 viewsDanFord

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:19 - Jun 18 by No9

Look back over the years and ask why is it that NCFC can get more for players - ordinary or not than Town can for quality.

The crafty swines count out the transfer fee on their hands during negotiations and sneak in an extra 20%?

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:24 - Jun 18 with 3269 viewshomer_123

Cresswell, Mings, Didz - just three off the top of my head.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:26 - Jun 18 with 3250 viewsSuperblue95

To be fair we flogged Mings for much more than he was worth. You could argue the same for Wickham. The year we sold Murphy we got more money than United got for selling Van Persie. We've had our moments too. Reinvesting the money effectively has been our problem

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:29 - Jun 18 with 3222 viewsNo9

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:26 - Jun 18 by Superblue95

To be fair we flogged Mings for much more than he was worth. You could argue the same for Wickham. The year we sold Murphy we got more money than United got for selling Van Persie. We've had our moments too. Reinvesting the money effectively has been our problem

I did mention over the years.
They have creamed if for a lot of very ordinary players.
Mings was a good sale but was it incomparison with other PL business?
I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:33 - Jun 18 with 3192 viewsGarv

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:24 - Jun 18 by homer_123

Didz would have been good money. I think we maybe could/should have got more for Cressy.

Mings - couldn't expect anything more than £8m.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 15:38 - Jun 18 with 2930 viewsjeera

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:24 - Jun 18 by homer_123

Wickham!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 15:54 - Jun 18 with 2829 viewsbluefunk

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 14:29 - Jun 18 by No9

I did mention over the years.
They have creamed if for a lot of very ordinary players.
Mings was a good sale but was it incomparison with other PL business?

They have also paid way over the odds for very ordinary players - van Wolfwinkel, Naismith for example
Login to get fewer ads

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:05 - Jun 18 with 2788 viewsjaykay

titus was 6 mil in 2002

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:14 - Jun 18 with 2751 viewsmonty_radio

In spite of several in this thread quoting Mings etc, certainly my observation over decades has agreed with yours that Norwich seem to have had the knack of getting bigger money for their hot properties.

As the football world did not really exist before Sky, a cursory search has provided no evidence, one way or the other.

£13m plus for Robbie Brady would certainly be a case in point though. And £11m for the hot-and-cold Redmond is a good day's work.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:22]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:25 - Jun 18 with 2691 viewshype313

Probably because they have had very few in comparison with us, so when they do sell one for big money it sounds better than it is.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:41 - Jun 18 with 2632 viewsNo9

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:25 - Jun 18 by hype313

Probably because they have had very few in comparison with us, so when they do sell one for big money it sounds better than it is.

Maybe you've missed the point?
I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:44 - Jun 18 with 2623 viewshype313

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:41 - Jun 18 by No9

Maybe you've missed the point?

Thought that was the pre requisite on here?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 23:13 - Jun 18 with 2187 viewstractorboy1978

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 16:14 - Jun 18 by monty_radio

In spite of several in this thread quoting Mings etc, certainly my observation over decades has agreed with yours that Norwich seem to have had the knack of getting bigger money for their hot properties.

As the football world did not really exist before Sky, a cursory search has provided no evidence, one way or the other.

£13m plus for Robbie Brady would certainly be a case in point though. And £11m for the hot-and-cold Redmond is a good day's work.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 21:22]

Redmond and Brady are far better than anyone we've had on our books and sold.
I applaud whichever one of you this was on 23:14 - Jun 18 with 2176 viewsSpruceMoose

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 23:13 - Jun 18 by tractorboy1978

Redmond and Brady are far better than anyone we've had on our books and sold.

How far back are you going with that claim?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 23:23 - Jun 18 with 2145 viewstractorboy1978

I applaud whichever one of you this was on 23:14 - Jun 18 by SpruceMoose

How far back are you going with that claim?

Last 10 years certainly. Probably going back to Bent in all honesty. Don't think either Brady or Redmond went for particularly pant pulling down fees.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2018 23:28]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024