Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stirling - No No No 21:37 - Jun 18 with 6764 viewswaveneyblue

Drives me nuts - Pace, Pace, Pace and absolutely nothing else.

Please, please don't play him again this tournament.......
Stirling - No No No on 21:39 - Jun 18 with 4437 viewsm14_blue

Poor today and has consistently underperformed for England.

Without doubt he should be one of our best players though and I'd still start him v Panama.
Stirling - No No No on 21:40 - Jun 18 with 4433 viewsSuperblue95

If England can get out of Sterling and Alli what their clubs do, then that is potentially two very special players on our hands. Yes Sterling is infuriating but if we never play him he will never reach his potential

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Stirling - No No No on 21:40 - Jun 18 with 4428 viewstiptreeblue

How he gets in any England team amazes me. Henderson is so overrated too
Stirling - No No No on 21:41 - Jun 18 with 4414 viewschristiand

Stirling - No No No on 21:40 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

Henderson had a good game tonight.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Stirling - No No No on 21:41 - Jun 18 with 4414 viewsgtsb

From the BBC Sport website.

Sterling has now failed to score in his past 21 England appearances, in which he has attempted 24 shots. A very grim statistic.
Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 with 4410 viewstiptreeblue

Stirling - No No No on 21:40 - Jun 18 by Superblue95

If England can get out of Sterling and Alli what their clubs do, then that is potentially two very special players on our hands. Yes Sterling is infuriating but if we never play him he will never reach his potential

He already has reached his potential. That is why Man city can`t agree a new deal with him. He really isn`t that good
Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 with 4407 viewshomer_123

He's had a cracking season for City and should be awesome for us. But he's not quite there...is it a mental issue with him? Confidence etc?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Stirling - No No No on 21:43 - Jun 18 with 4398 viewshomer_123

Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

He already has reached his potential. That is why Man city can`t agree a new deal with him. He really isn`t that good

Oh, he's very good but clearly has limits.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Stirling - No No No on 21:44 - Jun 18 with 4395 viewsSuperblue95

Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 by homer_123

He's had a cracking season for City and should be awesome for us. But he's not quite there...is it a mental issue with him? Confidence etc?

Must be a mental thing. It's not just him it has been the case with so many England players over the years

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Stirling - No No No on 21:46 - Jun 18 with 4381 viewswaveneyblue

Stirling - No No No on 21:44 - Jun 18 by Superblue95

Must be a mental thing. It's not just him it has been the case with so many England players over the years

Its not as if he plays ok or even average... He is bloody awful when he pulls on an England Shirt -
Stirling - No No No on 21:48 - Jun 18 with 4370 viewsEly_Blue

As I said after seeing him in person at the Nigeria game he gets into positions because of his pace but then he puts his head down and runs into dead ends! Awful awful decision making, he’s only good in the city team because of the situations his team mates put him into, Rashford on the other hand seems to have a chance at beating his man and creating a chance to score and doing it

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Stirling - No No No on 21:51 - Jun 18 with 4355 viewsRadlett_blue

Sterling seems to need the ball at his feet & the space to run at defenders. In a congested central area, he doesn't seem to have it. Probably better as a wide man in a 4-3-3.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Stirling - No No No on 21:54 - Jun 18 with 4334 viewsnshearman1

Stirling - No No No on 21:48 - Jun 18 by Ely_Blue

As I said after seeing him in person at the Nigeria game he gets into positions because of his pace but then he puts his head down and runs into dead ends! Awful awful decision making, he’s only good in the city team because of the situations his team mates put him into, Rashford on the other hand seems to have a chance at beating his man and creating a chance to score and doing it

Agreed. In spite of his goal tally for Man City he also missed loads of chances last season, way too many, would love to see his conversion ratio - and his final ball is often non-existent. Having said that, a number of the team missed too many chances tonight, right now we look like a one-man band in scoring terms. Also I fear we miss a real heavyweight in midfield with the combination of Lingard and Alli looking too lightweight, particularly with Sterling ahead of them, which puts pressure on Henderson.
Stirling - No No No on 22:01 - Jun 18 with 4291 viewsBadgerBajner

I don't see what he is bringing to the England team. For some reason he continually seems to think he can run through defenders rather than have to go round them, losing the ball in the process.

For all the goals he scored for City this season, he misses far too many sitters, and the goals scored is perhaps more a testament to how many chances he gets at City, than him being a great finisher.

I hope Southgate continues to show a ruthless streak and chops Sterling in favour of Rashford, somebody who performs for England and seems to have the ball glued to his toe at times and moves forward with purpose, whereas you are never confident that Sterling is in control of the ball or knows what to do next.
Stirling - No No No on 22:53 - Jun 18 with 4184 viewsbluefunk

Stirling - No No No on 21:54 - Jun 18 by nshearman1

Agreed. In spite of his goal tally for Man City he also missed loads of chances last season, way too many, would love to see his conversion ratio - and his final ball is often non-existent. Having said that, a number of the team missed too many chances tonight, right now we look like a one-man band in scoring terms. Also I fear we miss a real heavyweight in midfield with the combination of Lingard and Alli looking too lightweight, particularly with Sterling ahead of them, which puts pressure on Henderson.

We wouldn’t play that team/formation against Belgium, there will be another midfielder beside Henderson, probably Dier, maybe Loftus-Cheek, to make sure we aren’t vulnerable but against Panama, the team will probably be set up with the same formation.
Stirling - No No No on 22:59 - Jun 18 with 4170 viewsStokieBlue

Stirling - No No No on 21:39 - Jun 18 by m14_blue

Poor today and has consistently underperformed for England.

Without doubt he should be one of our best players though and I'd still start him v Panama.

He shouldn't start.

Rashford should start, more likely to take a chance when given and just as good running at teams.

Sterling is a good option from the bench.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Stirling - No No No on 23:05 - Jun 18 with 4152 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Think Alli showed glimpses in that first half, picked up a knock, apparently bad humidity and tiredness second half made him no existent.

Problem with Sterling is he isn’t a Centre forward, he has to be a winger getting his man one on one but that doesn’t fit with England’s system. Just a bad combo at the moment.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Stirling - No No No on 23:22 - Jun 18 with 4116 viewsStNeotsBlue

We've got a chance with Kane in the team, as we always have a goal threat. Sterling blows hot and cold, I'd rather Rashford personally.
Stirling - No No No on 23:45 - Jun 18 with 4074 viewsStewart27

Stirling - No No No on 21:40 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

Henderson was really good tonight.
Stirling - No No No on 00:42 - Jun 19 with 4040 viewstiptreeblue

Stirling - No No No on 21:41 - Jun 18 by christiand

Henderson had a good game tonight.

Sorry but i don`t see that. In the second half he should have been the person pushing the other midfielders and forwards up further and picking up the pace of the passing, but everything was slowed down until Rashford came on and told them to get their fingers out
Stirling - No No No on 00:49 - Jun 19 with 4034 viewsBilly_Blue_boy

I agree wholeheartedly but I have a genuine belief that Sterling is gonna win us an important game this tournament with a world class finish/move.

I will accept that his final pass/finishing is pony mostly though.
Stirling - No No No on 05:11 - Jun 19 with 3940 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 21:42 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

And yet Guardiola, one of if not the best managers in the world with an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, continues to start him week in, week out

Maybe he’d perform better for England if he wasn’t consistently on the end of thinly veiled racist attacks from the national press and half of our support

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stirling - No No No on 05:37 - Jun 19 with 3916 viewstiptreeblue

Stirling - No No No on 05:11 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

And yet Guardiola, one of if not the best managers in the world with an embarrassment of riches at his disposal, continues to start him week in, week out

Maybe he’d perform better for England if he wasn’t consistently on the end of thinly veiled racist attacks from the national press and half of our support

And also why his contract negitiations have stalled because he feels he should be paid as much as the top earners at city but they don`t think so. also why bring racism into the debate?. who has said anything about that tonight?
Stirling - No No No on 06:08 - Jun 19 with 3897 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Stirling - No No No on 05:37 - Jun 19 by tiptreeblue

And also why his contract negitiations have stalled because he feels he should be paid as much as the top earners at city but they don`t think so. also why bring racism into the debate?. who has said anything about that tonight?

Most contract negotiation stall - that’s why they’re negotiations

I brought racism into the debate - because it’s pretty apparent to me that it’s a big part of the reason he seems to come into an inordinate amount of criticism, as has been discussed repeatedly on here and elsewhere in the past

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Stirling - No No No on 06:16 - Jun 19 with 3891 viewsbrogansnose

Stirling - No No No on 06:08 - Jun 19 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Most contract negotiation stall - that’s why they’re negotiations

I brought racism into the debate - because it’s pretty apparent to me that it’s a big part of the reason he seems to come into an inordinate amount of criticism, as has been discussed repeatedly on here and elsewhere in the past

......................with lots of people on this thread saying play Rashford instead and bringing Sterling on as a sub or play him out wide.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024