Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... 14:07 - Jul 16 with 4790 viewsBLUEBEAT

McCarthy still continues to annoy me despite him no longer being here.

The story concerning McGoldrick’s trial at Sheffield United....

“McCarthy is said to have told him he believed the three-hour travelling time from the striker's home in Nottingham may have served to aggravate his injury problems.”

If this is so, why the hell wasnt it stopped?

Totally unprofessional attitude by both employee and employer.

Poll: W or W

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:25 - Jul 16 with 1757 viewsDanFord

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:21 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

There are enough sticks to beat Mick with, without making them up - him and Hurst are doing exactly the same thing with regards to keeping a family home and living away for work as manager of Town.

You expect Hurst to have bought a house 5 minutes after arriving? He may well be looking at houses and making offers as we speak. He's literally just joined the club. Mick never moved here and there was no real reason to, but the second that becomes a reason not to insist your top earner, who is always injured, stops driving and injuring himself (especially when he's on £15k a week and could easily afford a train ticket or even employ a driver!) it's staggering. If he's going back to Nottingham twice a week, he could easily pay someone an extravagant £500 a week just to drive him there and back, if he seriously thought it was having an impact on his availability. His appearance bonus was probably more than that for starters!

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:34 - Jul 16 with 1746 viewsPinewoodblue

It is bad enough when supporters get moaned back for looking back on better days (TWTD) but really there is no need all this looking back at the Bad old days.

Mick has gone, albeit a lot latter than was in the best interest of ITFC , confine your thought about him to the back of your mind and get over it. He is history sharing an uncomfortable seat with Roy Keane.

Lets hope neither of them get invited as experts when Town are on Sky.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:35 - Jul 16 with 1743 viewsitfcjoe

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:25 - Jul 16 by DanFord

You expect Hurst to have bought a house 5 minutes after arriving? He may well be looking at houses and making offers as we speak. He's literally just joined the club. Mick never moved here and there was no real reason to, but the second that becomes a reason not to insist your top earner, who is always injured, stops driving and injuring himself (especially when he's on £15k a week and could easily afford a train ticket or even employ a driver!) it's staggering. If he's going back to Nottingham twice a week, he could easily pay someone an extravagant £500 a week just to drive him there and back, if he seriously thought it was having an impact on his availability. His appearance bonus was probably more than that for starters!

Christophe Berra lived here, but went back to Scotland on any days off because he wanted to see his daughter - this is similar to David McGoldrick in reality.

You can't force someone to move, and Mick not living here doesn't make a difference to that. Ultimately employees can do what they want with their days off.

The story was noted as him commuting which is very different to going to the Midlands once or twice a week

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 17:17 - Jul 16 with 1708 viewsBLUEBEAT

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:34 - Jul 16 by Pinewoodblue

It is bad enough when supporters get moaned back for looking back on better days (TWTD) but really there is no need all this looking back at the Bad old days.

Mick has gone, albeit a lot latter than was in the best interest of ITFC , confine your thought about him to the back of your mind and get over it. He is history sharing an uncomfortable seat with Roy Keane.

Lets hope neither of them get invited as experts when Town are on Sky.

It’s an ongoing concern if the club continues to let employees lengthen their injury times by undertaking unnecessary remedial actions.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 17:22 - Jul 16 with 1694 viewsDanFord

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:35 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Christophe Berra lived here, but went back to Scotland on any days off because he wanted to see his daughter - this is similar to David McGoldrick in reality.

You can't force someone to move, and Mick not living here doesn't make a difference to that. Ultimately employees can do what they want with their days off.

The story was noted as him commuting which is very different to going to the Midlands once or twice a week

I'm sure Berra is getting a plane though right, not driving for 12 hours. McGoldrick could get a flight to East Midlands airport, a taxi, a driver, have a mate pick him up and drop him off and pay them well. If he's genuinely driving there twice a week and doing say 12-15 hours which is exacerbating his issues and he and Mick knew about it and didn't arrange anything else that's shocking.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 17:22 - Jul 16 with 1695 viewseireblue

Annoy you?

You could send him a letter asking him not to say things that are likely to make you annoyed. Maybe listing some potential areas he should avoid.

Or.....
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 19:19 - Jul 16 with 1642 viewsjeera

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:25 - Jul 16 by Bluebell

Perhaps an automatic car would have helped if that was the case!

Or a driver.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 19:32 - Jul 16 with 1634 viewsMrTown

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:10 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

What could he have done, make him move house? Obviously Roy K moved on players who wouldn't move house, Lisbie for example, but think DMcG was too big a player just to be sent off on loan in the manner that he was.

It shouldn't be twice a week I must say, almost seemed he could come and go as he pleases, the debate not being able to see family is a non-starter, he has to have time to see his family. But a friend who played at Stoke told me that, Robert Huth used to be the same but in the opposite direction, he used to have his family home towards London and played in Stoke. He used to travel back after Saturday matches, and was given Sunday and Monday off by Pulis

Thats what should have been done with McG, some structure to it.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 19:49 - Jul 16 with 1611 viewsPhilTWTD

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 19:32 - Jul 16 by MrTown

It shouldn't be twice a week I must say, almost seemed he could come and go as he pleases, the debate not being able to see family is a non-starter, he has to have time to see his family. But a friend who played at Stoke told me that, Robert Huth used to be the same but in the opposite direction, he used to have his family home towards London and played in Stoke. He used to travel back after Saturday matches, and was given Sunday and Monday off by Pulis

Thats what should have been done with McG, some structure to it.

I doubt he came and went as he pleased, he would have been on the same training schedule as everyone else. Players generally have Wednesdays off so those whose families are elsewhere tend to go home then as well as after the game on the Saturday. Really not an unusual thing at all in football.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 19:54 - Jul 16 with 1606 viewsimsureazzure

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 15:24 - Jul 16 by solemio

To be fair, poor Michael Owen couldn't possibly have afforded an automatic car.

Or a driver.
Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 20:15 - Jul 16 with 1579 viewsBLUEBEAT

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 17:22 - Jul 16 by eireblue

Annoy you?

You could send him a letter asking him not to say things that are likely to make you annoyed. Maybe listing some potential areas he should avoid.

Or.....

Why would I do that?

I believe in democracy, irrelevant of whether I agree with what is being said.

And living in a democracy means I am free to comment on a story deemed newsworthy.

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 22:26 - Jul 16 with 1515 viewsMelford

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 14:27 - Jul 16 by hype313

To be honest with you, I probably dreamt it.

Not sure if Owen said it but Giggs did...
https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/why-a-fleet-of-flash-cars-left-giggsy-hamstrung

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 09:13 - Jul 17 with 1430 viewseireblue

Apologies if this has already been discussed, but..... on 20:15 - Jul 16 by BLUEBEAT

Why would I do that?

I believe in democracy, irrelevant of whether I agree with what is being said.

And living in a democracy means I am free to comment on a story deemed newsworthy.

Well of course you are.

But you can't control what MM will say in the future, you can't alter the past, why let someone annoy you about events in the past?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024