Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? 23:42 - Jul 16 with 3904 viewsMrTown

4-2-3-1
Bialkowski

Emmanuel - Chambers - Chalobah - Knudsen
Downes - Huws
Ward - Dozzell - Edwards
Waghorn

I Still think we need a right winger, and two new CB, would like to see more a Danny Rowe as well.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:51 - Jul 16 with 3870 viewsPinewoodblue

Chalabah will be playing for England U19s tomorrow in Finland.

The game is , I believe, live on Sky

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:53 - Jul 16 with 3867 viewsElderGrizzly

The strongest team will rightly have Skuse at the heart of it
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:57 - Jul 16 with 3855 viewsMrTown

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:53 - Jul 16 by ElderGrizzly

Looked very slow against Braintree I have to say. I know he is now 32 and start of pre season but he looked very slow. Mentioned how he notably picked up good positions to receive the ball of the back four but then gave it away too much. Don't know if it the time to start bedding the future in with the assistance of Skuse as a mentor?

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:01 - Jul 17 with 3843 viewsElderGrizzly

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:57 - Jul 16 by MrTown

Looked very slow against Braintree I have to say. I know he is now 32 and start of pre season but he looked very slow. Mentioned how he notably picked up good positions to receive the ball of the back four but then gave it away too much. Don't know if it the time to start bedding the future in with the assistance of Skuse as a mentor?

Downes eventually will take over from Skuse, but if it was about our strongest team tomorrow, Skuse is on over Downes.

We saw a different Skuse in Klug’s games at the end of last season. It’s whether he can replicate that and have the younger legs around him

And Emmanuel is still not our strongest RB. Like Kenlock, too suspect defensively to play in a straight 442.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 0:02]
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:11 - Jul 17 with 3812 viewsMrTown

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:01 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Downes eventually will take over from Skuse, but if it was about our strongest team tomorrow, Skuse is on over Downes.

We saw a different Skuse in Klug’s games at the end of last season. It’s whether he can replicate that and have the younger legs around him

And Emmanuel is still not our strongest RB. Like Kenlock, too suspect defensively to play in a straight 442.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 0:02]

Guess only time will tell on that one, can't see a clear better right back than Emmanuel right now, Kenlock far more defensively suspect than Emmanuel.

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:20 - Jul 17 with 3799 viewsElderGrizzly

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:11 - Jul 17 by MrTown

Guess only time will tell on that one, can't see a clear better right back than Emmanuel right now, Kenlock far more defensively suspect than Emmanuel.

Really? Paul Warne was saying how suspect Emmanuel still was at the end of last season. Switching off, positioning etc.

Both are still not good enough for me if we want to challenge for anywhere near Top 8. Doesn’t mean they won’t be, but not ‘tomorrow’ as you put it.
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:30 - Jul 17 with 3774 viewsStNeotsBlue

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:20 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Really? Paul Warne was saying how suspect Emmanuel still was at the end of last season. Switching off, positioning etc.

Both are still not good enough for me if we want to challenge for anywhere near Top 8. Doesn’t mean they won’t be, but not ‘tomorrow’ as you put it.

Are you sure about that? He played him every week at the end of the season including the Play Off games.
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:42 - Jul 17 with 3750 viewsElderGrizzly

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:30 - Jul 17 by StNeotsBlue

Are you sure about that? He played him every week at the end of the season including the Play Off games.

Yes, absolutely. Didn’t say he didn’t rate him, he just said he was still suspect defensively, but this was balanced with his attacking threat.

For me, both Kenlock and Emmanuel right now are better wing backs. They both need to learn the defensive game still.

Spence and Knudsen are better in a 4 as true full backs right now. I hope both JE and MK progress, but they aren’t there yet
Login to get fewer ads

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:48 - Jul 17 with 3740 viewsStNeotsBlue

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:42 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Yes, absolutely. Didn’t say he didn’t rate him, he just said he was still suspect defensively, but this was balanced with his attacking threat.

For me, both Kenlock and Emmanuel right now are better wing backs. They both need to learn the defensive game still.

Spence and Knudsen are better in a 4 as true full backs right now. I hope both JE and MK progress, but they aren’t there yet

Your first line contradicts your previous statement a bit. Spence doesn't do it for me, his best games have been as part of a central 3, not sure if Hurst will be looking to set up that way.
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:16 - Jul 17 with 3695 viewsElderGrizzly

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 00:48 - Jul 17 by StNeotsBlue

Your first line contradicts your previous statement a bit. Spence doesn't do it for me, his best games have been as part of a central 3, not sure if Hurst will be looking to set up that way.

My previous statement probably wasn’t clearest! Suspect was only about defensive ability.

Think anyone who saw him last season and then with Warne’s comments would agree. There is a player in there, we just need to hone that raw potential

And agree, Hurst won’t play a 3. Why we need solid full backs
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 1:16]
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:21 - Jul 17 with 3682 viewsMrTown

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:16 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

My previous statement probably wasn’t clearest! Suspect was only about defensive ability.

Think anyone who saw him last season and then with Warne’s comments would agree. There is a player in there, we just need to hone that raw potential

And agree, Hurst won’t play a 3. Why we need solid full backs
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 1:16]

Agree surrounding Knudsen, right now he is far better defensively than Kenlock. But not Spence, think he is miles off the pace at this level in terms of ability.

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:36 - Jul 17 with 3658 viewsElderGrizzly

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:21 - Jul 17 by MrTown

Agree surrounding Knudsen, right now he is far better defensively than Kenlock. But not Spence, think he is miles off the pace at this level in terms of ability.

Agree on Spence, but was just basing my response on your original question on going with what we have now. Spence is still ahead of JE in my opinion right now.

We need better than both.
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 07:38 - Jul 17 with 3421 viewsITFC_Forever

Trev is away with England, Huws isn’t fit yet, Edwards isn’t our player and Ward is suspended still.

So we’d only have seven players out there. Great.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 07:40 - Jul 17 with 3415 viewsMattinLondon

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 23:53 - Jul 16 by ElderGrizzly

Never too early for comedy
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 08:01 - Jul 17 with 3376 viewsTIB

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 01:36 - Jul 17 by ElderGrizzly

Agree on Spence, but was just basing my response on your original question on going with what we have now. Spence is still ahead of JE in my opinion right now.

We need better than both.

That RB position has been plugged with mediocrity for too long. Spence does a job and does add flexibility at the back but it’s a position I hoped we look at this summer as despite everyone wanting to see our youth push on, JE probably does need another loan out to really bring him to Championship level.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 3236 viewsitfcbam

Josh does tend to switch off. Good example is look at Shrewsbury goal in play off final. While a clever move it's Josh who switches off and loses his man. He still has potential, reminds me of Bramble in the sense that he has excellent natural attributes however needs to up the concentration level to realise his potential.
Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 09:32 - Jul 17 with 3230 viewsKieran_Knows

I'd be surprised if Knudsen and Bart started tonight.

Gerken
Emmanuel - Spence - Chambers - Kenlock
Skuse - Downes
Ward - Dozzell - Roberts
Waghorn

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Strongest team right now if started tomorrow....? on 09:34 - Jul 17 with 3221 viewsartsbossbeard

Who will be winning the ball back in that midfield out of interest?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024