Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything 08:12 - Jul 17 with 2548 viewsBluefish

Hurst does and the rewriting of history.

He says something positive = oh it is so refreshing to hear that. Such a change, he is a winner

He says something critical = such a breath of fresh air. He is ruthless and clearly a winner

Can't wait for the 1st time he swears and everyone makes a mess of their computer
[Post edited 17 Jul 2018 8:17]

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:17 - Jul 17 with 2015 viewsSteve_M

I'm waiting until he comments about other clubs in the division having far greater resources than we do.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:18 - Jul 17 with 2003 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:17 - Jul 17 by Steve_M

I'm waiting until he comments about other clubs in the division having far greater resources than we do.

Going to be one he'll of a moment when he says he was happy to take a point

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:21 - Jul 17 with 1982 viewsWD19

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:18 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Going to be one he'll of a moment when he says he was happy to take a point

The day he turns on the fans after getting boo’d losing 0-0 at half time is going to be special....
I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:21 - Jul 17 with 1976 viewsHerbivore

It is really not that different than when our last few managers were appointed, any manager getting to know and building a squad will say similar things. I'm a Hurst fan and he was my number one choice from early on, but it's all very emperor's new clothes some of the reactions on here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:26 - Jul 17 with 1946 viewsDanTheMan

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:17 - Jul 17 by Steve_M

And the "It's hard to get people to move to this part of England".

That's only a matter of time.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:27 - Jul 17 with 1936 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:21 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

It is really not that different than when our last few managers were appointed, any manager getting to know and building a squad will say similar things. I'm a Hurst fan and he was my number one choice from early on, but it's all very emperor's new clothes some of the reactions on here.

Don't get me wrong I wanted a change in the summer and Hurst was the best choice, I am behind him completely. Your are definitely right about the Emporers new clothes, it is a little odd in places and quite sweet in others

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:29 - Jul 17 with 1922 viewsvapour_trail

Don’t forget to thrown in some sh1te about proper blokes*

*(c) the board fckwit.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:35 - Jul 17 with 1889 viewsBlueBadger

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:21 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Hell, as I've said twice already, it's not a million miles from Keane's infamous 'there's three players who'll never play for me'

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Login to get fewer ads

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:58 - Jul 17 with 1807 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:35 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Hell, as I've said twice already, it's not a million miles from Keane's infamous 'there's three players who'll never play for me'

Wasn't the rest of the sentence..

......the rest i will draw out of a hat each week

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:11 - Jul 17 with 1768 viewsBlueBadger

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 08:58 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Wasn't the rest of the sentence..

......the rest i will draw out of a hat each week

Pfffft, that would have given the wingers and fullbacks a chance at a game then.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:16 - Jul 17 with 1758 viewsDanFord

Maybe he is just a winner and when he says something positive and negative that can be determined? Wouldn't that rain on your trolling parade.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:17 - Jul 17 with 1755 viewsKieran_Knows

I do hope that whenever Mick goes to his next club, he takes you with him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:18 - Jul 17 with 1743 viewsDanFord

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:17 - Jul 17 by Kieran_Knows

I do hope that whenever Mick goes to his next club, he takes you with him.

Hopefully. Maybe it was 'proper berks' all along.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:20 - Jul 17 with 1736 viewstextbackup

Maybe it’s because it’s not been 3/4 years of the same ‘these guys are great’ even tho it’s clear to see they aren’t.

The ex managers limitations are being highlighted and that upsets u.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 1717 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:20 - Jul 17 by textbackup

Maybe it’s because it’s not been 3/4 years of the same ‘these guys are great’ even tho it’s clear to see they aren’t.

The ex managers limitations are being highlighted and that upsets u.

Ooooof a few of you getting all upset about this thread despite it not criticising Paul or praising Mick anywhere. Pretty top company though well done

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 1711 viewsunstableblue

Oh deary me...

Perhaps, just perhaps people’s concerns over Mick were completely valid, perhaps just perhaps Hursts comments (perhaps ill judged, which is what many people are actually saying) highlight some of the deficiencies and low standards, perhaps you were the most blind and rabid supporter of Mick this board has ever seen... and perhaps your post is trying to justify that stance.

What worries me most is the number of up arrows. The board continues to be patrolled!

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 1677 viewstextbackup

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:26 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

Ooooof a few of you getting all upset about this thread despite it not criticising Paul or praising Mick anywhere. Pretty top company though well done

You sat indoors all day with a bad knee has really made you extra childish hasn’t it.

I’m so glad Paul Hurst has been honest about the squad he has, glad he hasn’t told us these lot are great guys and top blokes, he’s focusing on the most important thing, footballing ability.

I dare say he’s watched hours of ganes from last season and one before now, and is probably thinking his Shrewsbury team would have picked up 6 points against us.

It’s a good thing for all involved (well maybe not some players) that’s he’s saying it as it is.

He’s not being a childish antagonist old pr1ck

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:31 - Jul 17 with 1677 viewsBlueBadger

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:26 - Jul 17 by unstableblue

Oh deary me...

Perhaps, just perhaps people’s concerns over Mick were completely valid, perhaps just perhaps Hursts comments (perhaps ill judged, which is what many people are actually saying) highlight some of the deficiencies and low standards, perhaps you were the most blind and rabid supporter of Mick this board has ever seen... and perhaps your post is trying to justify that stance.

What worries me most is the number of up arrows. The board continues to be patrolled!

Perhaps, this is one of these rare times when Fishers has got it right. There's a been a lot of 'they'v head it easy for ages talk' from people who apparently don't remember that one of the first things that Mick did on arriving was ship out the genuine underachievers, poor attitudes and coasters whilst instilling a far greater work ethic into the side, for example.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 1652 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:31 - Jul 17 by textbackup

You sat indoors all day with a bad knee has really made you extra childish hasn’t it.

I’m so glad Paul Hurst has been honest about the squad he has, glad he hasn’t told us these lot are great guys and top blokes, he’s focusing on the most important thing, footballing ability.

I dare say he’s watched hours of ganes from last season and one before now, and is probably thinking his Shrewsbury team would have picked up 6 points against us.

It’s a good thing for all involved (well maybe not some players) that’s he’s saying it as it is.

He’s not being a childish antagonist old pr1ck

Arebyou flirting with me again? I like when you talk like that

I am a believer in Hurst and i wanted Mick to go in the summer so i have no grudges. If you can't see what I have posted is true then you maybe are in the realms of some of Our more basic supporters. Let's also not forget the last time people got excited over tough words was keane. Even when bottom of the league everything was excused by the supporters because of the words and stares. Hurst is a top youngish manager, he has inherited a really good and potentially great squad and the owner is backing him. I am positive.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 1652 viewsBlueBadger

I'm looking forward to the first interview he does where he mentions, oh I don't know, 'keyboard managers' or something.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:44 - Jul 17 with 1612 viewsunstableblue

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:31 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Perhaps, this is one of these rare times when Fishers has got it right. There's a been a lot of 'they'v head it easy for ages talk' from people who apparently don't remember that one of the first things that Mick did on arriving was ship out the genuine underachievers, poor attitudes and coasters whilst instilling a far greater work ethic into the side, for example.

But Mick inherited a Paul Jewel side that was not only doing poorly in the table but were individually, defensively and energy wise all over the place, and had journeyman all over the place. So I'm struggling to see a direct comparison.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:48 - Jul 17 with 1595 viewsDanFord

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:36 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

I am a believer in Hurst and i wanted Mick to go in the summer so i have no grudges. If you can't see what I have posted is true then you maybe are in the realms of some of Our more basic supporters. Let's also not forget the last time people got excited over tough words was keane. Even when bottom of the league everything was excused by the supporters because of the words and stares. Hurst is a top youngish manager, he has inherited a really good and potentially great squad and the owner is backing him. I am positive.

How the hell has he inherited a really good squad! Being generous:

Bart (Lower Premier League)
Knudsen (Top 6 Championship)
Chambers (Mid-table Championship)
Woolfenden (Currently League One / League Two)
Emmanuel (Lower Championship)
Ward (Lower Championship)
Huws (Top 6 Championship)
Dozzell (Currently Mid-table Championship)
Downes (Currently Lower Championship)
Waghorn (Top 6 Championship)
Garner (Average Championship)

That team has no shape at all and you could argue saying Dozzell, Downes, Emmanuel and co cannot really be suggested as Championship players yet in terms of actual quality. So really we have Bart, Waghorn and maybe Huws that would get into other teams around the playoffs. Only Bart and Waghorn would be close to the Derby, Villa or Boro sides that didn't even go up.

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:50 - Jul 17 with 1589 viewstextbackup

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:36 - Jul 17 by Bluefish

He’s said, only today, that some of them sursprise him (and not in a good way) so he’s not inherited a good squad, it’s not overly negative to say a huge number of our squad a extremely basic footballers.
Maybe 5/6 are what I’d class as good/very good.

I’m hugely positive that Hurst has ambition, he doesn’t come across as someone that is here to pick up a wage, we are a stepping stone for him, and I’m cool with that.

I’m glad he is being harsh on them, I’m glad he’s not accepting just one basic role from each player. These are championship players, they should have been pushed harder previously not praised for substandard sht.

PH will need atleast a year to shape this lot, with a TW or two or three

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:51 - Jul 17 with 1588 viewsBluefish

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:48 - Jul 17 by DanFord

How the hell has he inherited a really good squad! Being generous:

Bart (Lower Premier League)
Knudsen (Top 6 Championship)
Chambers (Mid-table Championship)
Woolfenden (Currently League One / League Two)
Emmanuel (Lower Championship)
Ward (Lower Championship)
Huws (Top 6 Championship)
Dozzell (Currently Mid-table Championship)
Downes (Currently Lower Championship)
Waghorn (Top 6 Championship)
Garner (Average Championship)

That team has no shape at all and you could argue saying Dozzell, Downes, Emmanuel and co cannot really be suggested as Championship players yet in terms of actual quality. So really we have Bart, Waghorn and maybe Huws that would get into other teams around the playoffs. Only Bart and Waghorn would be close to the Derby, Villa or Boro sides that didn't even go up.

Best squad we've had since royle fooked up with the best squad in the league

Thanks for the funny little assessment that you did they were quite sweet

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:51 - Jul 17 with 1585 viewsBlueBadger

I am enjoying the OTT reactions to everything on 09:44 - Jul 17 by unstableblue

But Mick inherited a Paul Jewel side that was not only doing poorly in the table but were individually, defensively and energy wise all over the place, and had journeyman all over the place. So I'm struggling to see a direct comparison.

You see no comparison between a manger coming in a shipping out underachievers and a manager coming in and talking about once he thinks aren't going to be up to the job?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024