Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse 08:52 - Jul 17 with 11453 viewsBiGDonnie

When he says some are nowhere near good enough. He's stole a living with us for far too long.

Either way, exciting to read what Hurst says. I don't think it'll happen over night but we'll definitely improve form the Dino era.

COYB

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:26 - Jul 17 with 3439 viewstextbackup

Skuse does a job but has limitations, that’s not criticism, that’s a fact. Skuse with hues Doz etc around him would be absolutely fine.
Skuse next to Douglas or Hyam then we’re all in trouble

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:27 - Jul 17 with 3429 viewsfactual_blue

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:24 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Not disputing 'stupid' then. Fair enough.

In fairness, I can't think of anybody who posts here who could dispute 'stupid'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 3428 viewsBlueBadger

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:27 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

In fairness, I can't think of anybody who posts here who could dispute 'stupid'.

balls

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:28 - Jul 17 with 3429 viewsCurrie10

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:12 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

I've seen reports that he looks a lot bigger? Hopefully he's bulked out a bit and built some stamina.

I still just don't get it with Skuse, and I really think Hurst is going to feel the same. He doesn't show the energy needed for the position he plays.

Let me guess you're a Hyam fan.

Someone with some hussle / bussle and passion.

Winning tackles.........

disclaimer- does all of this as has the positional sense of ( insert comment ) and 20 yards away from where he should be all game.

Skuse's positional sense and reading of the game is excellent.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:35 - Jul 17 with 3408 viewsfactual_blue

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:28 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

balls

this

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 3406 viewsKieran_Knows

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:35 - Jul 17 by factual_blue

this

end of.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 3405 viewsHerbivore

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:26 - Jul 17 by textbackup

Skuse does a job but has limitations, that’s not criticism, that’s a fact. Skuse with hues Doz etc around him would be absolutely fine.

Douglas and Hyam aren't here anymore.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:36 - Jul 17 with 3403 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:24 - Jul 17 by BlueBadger

Not disputing 'stupid' then. Fair enough.

Stupid is, stupid does.

COYBs

Login to get fewer ads

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:41 - Jul 17 with 3387 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:28 - Jul 17 by Currie10

Let me guess you're a Hyam fan.

Someone with some hussle / bussle and passion.

Winning tackles.........

disclaimer- does all of this as has the positional sense of ( insert comment ) and 20 yards away from where he should be all game.

Skuse's positional sense and reading of the game is excellent.

Na, we were right to let Hyam go, he wasn't up to it.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:43 - Jul 17 with 3371 viewsNo9

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:02 - Jul 17 by Half_Idiot

I guess all those interceptions were actually just him trying to avoid the ball but accidentally winning it

That wasn't the issue, giving it straight back to the other side is
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:44 - Jul 17 with 3370 viewstextbackup

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:36 - Jul 17 by Herbivore

Douglas and Hyam aren't here anymore.

Yeah cheers mate, I might have already been aware of that.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:47 - Jul 17 with 3360 viewsNo9

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:26 - Jul 17 by textbackup

Your post identifies whay it is time to move on with new players
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:54 - Jul 17 with 3338 viewsBluebell

FWIW I think Skuse is one of our best players!

Default User or Callum or whatever you call yourself now - It wasn't long ago you were telling us that there was no way you would let your son support Ipswich and were encouraging him to support Spurs. Are you still taking him to their games?
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:10 - Jul 17 with 3312 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:54 - Jul 17 by Bluebell

FWIW I think Skuse is one of our best players!

Default User or Callum or whatever you call yourself now - It wasn't long ago you were telling us that there was no way you would let your son support Ipswich and were encouraging him to support Spurs. Are you still taking him to their games?

You call me Default_User.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:11 - Jul 17 with 3307 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Skuse is such an essential part to our team. We have no one else in the side who can play the holding midfield role like him.

Downes is definitely not at that level yet and if you threw him in to that role in the first team, chances are we would probably get torn apart on several occasions.

The holding midfielder is key to how well a team defends as he protects the defence (especially important when you have a back four which it looks like we will). Skuse is superb at this and is backed up by the huge number of interceptions he made suggesting that he is one of the best in the division at his role.

He reads the game superbly and can pull off an excellent pass. We are lucky to have him and he doesn't get enough credit for the vital role he performs.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:18 - Jul 17 with 3293 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:11 - Jul 17 by Skuse4ballondor

Skuse is such an essential part to our team. We have no one else in the side who can play the holding midfield role like him.

Downes is definitely not at that level yet and if you threw him in to that role in the first team, chances are we would probably get torn apart on several occasions.

The holding midfielder is key to how well a team defends as he protects the defence (especially important when you have a back four which it looks like we will). Skuse is superb at this and is backed up by the huge number of interceptions he made suggesting that he is one of the best in the division at his role.

He reads the game superbly and can pull off an excellent pass. We are lucky to have him and he doesn't get enough credit for the vital role he performs.

It's a funny old game. Crazy how opinions can differ so much.

I'd say he's slow, weak in the tackle and has poor distribution, although the distribution isn't helped by who's around him.

Yeah he's made a few interceptions, but so would most who play the position he does.

He get's the credit he deserves in my opinion.

COYBs

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:22 - Jul 17 with 3289 viewsjudespiveyg

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:11 - Jul 17 by Skuse4ballondor

Skuse is very good at what he does, he's not as good as you've described however. Which other Championship clubs would take him? Not many I'd wager.

Like I said he's very good at what he does but is frustratingly limited as a midfielder. Certainly not a player with an 'excellent pass' unless 5 yards to the side is excellent (although in fairness the only midfielder we have with an 'excellent pass' is Dozzell) He's slow and his goals and assists stats speak for themselves.

Others may disagree, but I think Downes is more than ready to take the midfield slot from Skuse.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:31 - Jul 17 with 3268 viewsBluebell

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:10 - Jul 17 by BiGDonnie

You call me Default_User.

Ok Default_User. Now answer my question.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:35 - Jul 17 with 3261 viewsIpswichKnight

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:31 - Jul 17 by Bluebell

Ok Default_User. Now answer my question.

To expect Downes to play all 40+ Championship games would be as someone used to say "Bonkers". Skuse is a fix for a short term problem he is not the long term answer. If we can get Downes properly fit ( weren't England shocked at his levels as well ) he can be the answer to this problem, if he wasn't then he would be away with the England U19's it speaks volumes that Hurst wants him here for pre-season.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:48 - Jul 17 with 3245 viewsNazemariner

I doubt it very much.

Our midfield will be rightly built around Skuse.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:50 - Jul 17 with 3242 viewsCurrie10

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:22 - Jul 17 by judespiveyg

Skuse is very good at what he does, he's not as good as you've described however. Which other Championship clubs would take him? Not many I'd wager.

Like I said he's very good at what he does but is frustratingly limited as a midfielder. Certainly not a player with an 'excellent pass' unless 5 yards to the side is excellent (although in fairness the only midfielder we have with an 'excellent pass' is Dozzell) He's slow and his goals and assists stats speak for themselves.

Others may disagree, but I think Downes is more than ready to take the midfield slot from Skuse.

Watford and derby made enquiries in the past
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:06 - Jul 17 with 3224 viewsBenters2

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 09:03 - Jul 17 by artsbossbeard

You know exactly what I mean.

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:10 - Jul 17 with 3218 viewsSkuse4ballondor

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:22 - Jul 17 by judespiveyg

I'd say that quite a few sides would take Skuse but that's just my opinion.

I do believe his range of passing is often overlooked. We do have some really good passers of the ball who have been injured and not seen enough game time who probably are better at passing. However, his through ball he played to Celina with the outside of his foot against Cardiff was top class, you can't do that if your not a very techniqually gifted player. He has got the capability of a great pass helped by his supurb reading of the game as he has shown on various other occasions, something I believe he doesn't get enough credit for.

Goals and assists shouldn't count for anything in the role he plays. It's not his job. That's similar to critising a centre back for not getting enough goals and assists. It's got nothing to do with what he is meant to be doing.

Downes, paired alongside Dozzell and Huws sounds good on paper but when you get to the physicality of the championship, two teenagers and another creative mid would not work. Also the leadership gap left by Skuse is the opposite of what we need. We need him in the team to allow our creative youngsters to flourish as he provides a solid base that at the moment Downes doesn't. Downes certainly has the potential but he's not there yet. I believe Downes' role in the team could be to play either with Skuse in a midfield three if we are away at a Stoke or a Swansea as he is better than Dozzell etc. defensively but also has attacking threat (mainly with his passing), or to bring him on for a more attacking minded mid if we need to hold on to a lead.

When we play without Skuse our midfield often looks lost.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:12 - Jul 17 with 3213 viewsNo9

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:48 - Jul 17 by Nazemariner

I doubt it very much.

Ever since MM arrived at PR the midfiled has been poor & very often shown up by the opposition.
Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 11:17 - Jul 17 with 3212 viewsBiGDonnie

Let's hope Hurst is talking about Skuse on 10:48 - Jul 17 by Nazemariner

I doubt it very much.

If we're aiming for mid table mediocrity I make you right.

I've got a feeling however that Hurst IS referring to Skuse and can see what half of the Town fans see.

COYBs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024