Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Hurst's comments to the media 23:01 - Jul 17 with 6917 viewsRocky

So much more informative about players and performances.
And seems a lot less prickly than MM to any media questions.
Feels like we belong much more to what he is trying to do.
Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 22:01 - Jul 18 with 819 viewswkj

I get the feeling Hurst is a modern manager (in all fields not just football) Where he gives praise and criticism with solid developmental feedback. Not touching the "Micks Mates" idea, but it felt like Mick was the friendly bloke who was close with the workforce, but reluctantly critical

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 22:16 - Jul 18 with 791 viewsDubtractor

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 21:58 - Jul 18 by Mullet

When Mick came in it couldn't be any worse. When Jewell came in, did Keane leave better? Can't see that.

Jim to Roy might have been better without checking to be fair but that's a decade ago, so a fairly difficult sell but regardless, Hurst has been left a somewhat lopsided squad thanks to injuries and contracts running down but it's a squad we own and has lots of talent and potential.

The fact he's tied down Bart and is yet to sell Waghorn, Knudsen and although it looks likely, Garner only strengthens the point.

We're badly lacking defenders, have a midfield of players that can't stay fit, only one striker who can score goals, no wide players and the squad massively lacks pace.

Jewell certainly inherited a much better squad, as did Keane.

Mick inherited some decent players but a shambles overall.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 00:38 - Jul 19 with 732 viewscharlie1

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 11:57 - Jul 18 by FrimleyBlue

Reminds me of Mr Keane a bit

not afraid to dig at players, has certain expectations

Could go either way really

The Sir Alex way, players know the levels required, are at those levels, we're successful

The Roy Keane way, players hate him, don't play for him, and we struggle

Whilst SAF has massive expectations of his players, and the ability to get them to perform to that level, he very, very rarely criticised them publicly unless the writing was on the wall and they were gone.

Hursts way may satisfy the press who now have juicy stuff to report, and the fans who now feel more involved, but I hope doesn’t cause a massive dressing room backlash. It’s certainly a gamble.
Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 02:09 - Jul 19 with 711 viewseddiespearitt03

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 14:18 - Jul 18 by BlueySwede

Don´t think Mick was prickly at all. He was, most of the time, very honest and many fans praised him for that in the beginning (even though one did not agree with him all the time). I just think Mick got fed up with lack of funds, fans, etc, etc the last couple of seasons and were struggling for answers.

I,d go a bit further and say McCarthy severed the link between the club and supporter and should of been moved on a long time ago.

Early signs are that Paul Hurst intends to build a team that will try to win back the supporters and play good football. At last we can compete in cup competitions and try to win a game.
Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 03:14 - Jul 19 with 704 viewsSpruceMoose

Paul Hurst's comments to the media on 02:09 - Jul 19 by eddiespearitt03

I,d go a bit further and say McCarthy severed the link between the club and supporter and should of been moved on a long time ago.

Early signs are that Paul Hurst intends to build a team that will try to win back the supporters and play good football. At last we can compete in cup competitions and try to win a game.

Until that first moment when a subsection of fans feel that he isn't sufficiently deferential to them and their Mariah Carey sized egos.

At that point it'll be numbskulls part deux.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024