Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone listening to talk sport? 11:54 - Jul 18 with 5763 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mate of mine just text saying their discussion waghorn off for £9.5 Mill

I'm at work so can't listen to it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 11:56 - Jul 18 with 4439 viewsitfcjoe

Was Karanka actually there last night as a poster said?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 11:57 - Jul 18 with 4427 viewsKieran_Knows

Not sure, but even still, I can't see Hurst/Evans turning down £9.5m. That's silly money considering we brought him for £200k.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:10 - Jul 18 with 4305 viewsHerbivore

£9.5m is insane money, can't see anyone being willing to pay that kind of wedge for him.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:11 - Jul 18 with 4280 viewsIpswichTownNL

No one is paying 9.5 million for Waghorn and I'd be pissed if we turned an offer like that down.

Dutch Tractor Boys! Follow on Twitter; @IpswichTownNL

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:15 - Jul 18 with 4232 viewsJ2BLUE

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:11 - Jul 18 by IpswichTownNL

No one is paying 9.5 million for Waghorn and I'd be pissed if we turned an offer like that down.

Surely it depends on where the money goes? Would you be pissed if we took it and then replaced him with a free transfer or loan?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:17 - Jul 18 with 4201 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:15 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Surely it depends on where the money goes? Would you be pissed if we took it and then replaced him with a free transfer or loan?

Well, you could take £6m to cover Evans fee for this season, and still be left with the best part of £8m (if you factor in Websters £3.5m fee and Knights £1m fee).

Appreciate that might not get you a top level Championship striker, but would further strengthens Hurst's kitty, plus he might have a lower league player he has his eye on.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 12:17]

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:17 - Jul 18 with 4197 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

£9.5m is the going rate for the rtn last season.
But we are running low on strikers with clock ticking down.
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:18 - Jul 18 with 4190 viewsitfcjoe

Why would you be annoyed? Not like we see the money!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:18 - Jul 18 with 4192 viewsDanFord

Evans could bank £5m of that to cover losses, allow Hurst to have £4.5m to go with the £3.5m or so from Webster and I think we could make 4-5 highly impressive signings to improve the squad. Although how we'd replace Waggy's productivity I've no idea. But then again he was £250k last season. Players out there. For Hurst to find them.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:19 - Jul 18 with 4166 viewscatch74

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:17 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

Well, you could take £6m to cover Evans fee for this season, and still be left with the best part of £8m (if you factor in Websters £3.5m fee and Knights £1m fee).

Appreciate that might not get you a top level Championship striker, but would further strengthens Hurst's kitty, plus he might have a lower league player he has his eye on.

Blimey, so the loss the club makes is now Evan’s fee!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:21 - Jul 18 with 4124 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:10 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

£9.5m is insane money, can't see anyone being willing to pay that kind of wedge for him.

Involved in more goals than any other striker in the Champ last season. Seems quite reasonable in the current climate IMO.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:22 - Jul 18 with 4114 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:19 - Jul 18 by catch74

Blimey, so the loss the club makes is now Evan’s fee!

You know what I mean.

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:24 - Jul 18 with 4082 viewsSteve_M

Regardless of the potential profit on the signing, selling Waghorn now would be a mistake.
We're already short of players as it is, the season starts in two and a bit weeks and the transfer window shuts shortly afterwards. We do not have time to completely reshape the squad.

And that's before considering our recent history with selling players and not permanently replacing them.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:25 - Jul 18 with 4060 viewscatch74

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:22 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

You know what I mean.

Yep, of course - hoping, like a few others that the backing is there even if we make some sales, especially for a new manager.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:28 - Jul 18 with 4024 viewsKieran_Knows

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:24 - Jul 18 by Steve_M

Regardless of the potential profit on the signing, selling Waghorn now would be a mistake.
We're already short of players as it is, the season starts in two and a bit weeks and the transfer window shuts shortly afterwards. We do not have time to completely reshape the squad.

And that's before considering our recent history with selling players and not permanently replacing them.

Totally agree. We're already a few players short, and that's before Hurst looks at moving anymore out.

Was just weighing up the costs etc really, and what it would mean for Hurst, and his transfer kitty. Waghorn is one we could really do with keeping hold of, and offering a new deal, ala Bart.

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:30 - Jul 18 with 4003 viewsStokieBlue

I guess it depends.

If Hurst knows a defender and striker he wants and they will cost 5m and Evans is willing to give him that much from the sale I expect we would take the money.

Great player but that's a lot of money for us to turn down. Can't see it happening though.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:32 - Jul 18 with 3977 viewsimsureazzure

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:10 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

That's Waghorn gone then.
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:32 - Jul 18 with 3968 viewsBrixtonBlue

Unless we have players lined up.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:32 - Jul 18 with 3966 viewsBetablocker

Or the way this club works (yes i know its his money) it could be another 6 mill to claw back another seasons losses. Hes never been the type to risk too much. If hurst got 2 mill id be mightily surprised.
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:33 - Jul 18 with 3945 viewsHerbivore

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:21 - Jul 18 by BrixtonBlue

Involved in more goals than any other striker in the Champ last season. Seems quite reasonable in the current climate IMO.

I'd say given his age and his patchy history it looks high. Saying that, I don't think I'd be very understanding of us accepting an offer much below that either as I bloody love Waggy. I'd say £8m would be top whack for him though, £9.5m is in the realm of far, far too good to turn down.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:39 - Jul 18 with 3869 viewsBrixtonBlue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:33 - Jul 18 by Herbivore

I'd say given his age and his patchy history it looks high. Saying that, I don't think I'd be very understanding of us accepting an offer much below that either as I bloody love Waggy. I'd say £8m would be top whack for him though, £9.5m is in the realm of far, far too good to turn down.

He's 28. Not sure that's an issue - could be argued the perfect age for a striker coming into his prime.

It would possibly be too good to turn down but then we turned down £7m for McGoldrick who hadn't just had as good a season.

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:41 - Jul 18 with 3845 viewsJakeITFC

Mental money, yes, but I also wouldn't want to sell him and shop in a market where Martyn Waghorn is worth nearly £10m.
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:46 - Jul 18 with 3766 viewsJ2BLUE

I appreciate we're talking hypothetically but if the new strategy is selling assets to rivals in the same league to plug the financial gap then it's just as stupid as the last strategy.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:57 - Jul 18 with 3644 viewsGeefunk

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:18 - Jul 18 by itfcjoe

Why would you be annoyed? Not like we see the money!

Ridiculous to be annoyed. We have a player who is very good so is rated £9.5M, why would you be happy if we sold him ?

You would be doing cart wheels if we signed players for £9.5M, keeping your own who are already established and performing is much better

If we do sell him for £9.5M we may buy a couple of lower league players for 2M-3M that may be nowhere near as good
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 13:03 - Jul 18 with 3575 viewsBetablocker

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:57 - Jul 18 by Geefunk

Ridiculous to be annoyed. We have a player who is very good so is rated £9.5M, why would you be happy if we sold him ?

You would be doing cart wheels if we signed players for £9.5M, keeping your own who are already established and performing is much better

If we do sell him for £9.5M we may buy a couple of lower league players for 2M-3M that may be nowhere near as good

We wouldn't though - the cash would get swallowed up with 'fees' lol

I reiterate Hurst would get 2 mill tops of any cash
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024