Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone listening to talk sport? 11:54 - Jul 18 with 5761 viewsFrimleyBlue

Mate of mine just text saying their discussion waghorn off for £9.5 Mill

I'm at work so can't listen to it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 13:26 - Jul 18 with 1271 viewsNorthstander_Blue

Talk sh1te as i call it

Poll: Would you be happy to sign Daryl Murphy?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 13:48 - Jul 18 with 1206 viewspeterleeblue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:11 - Jul 18 by IpswichTownNL

No one is paying 9.5 million for Waghorn and I'd be pissed if we turned an offer like that down.

If he is going to the prem the fair enough but there really isn't a championship club that under FFP can pay that much.
Anyone listening to talk sport? on 18:44 - Jul 18 with 1069 viewsmeekreech

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:17 - Jul 18 by Kieran_Knows

Well, you could take £6m to cover Evans fee for this season, and still be left with the best part of £8m (if you factor in Websters £3.5m fee and Knights £1m fee).

Appreciate that might not get you a top level Championship striker, but would further strengthens Hurst's kitty, plus he might have a lower league player he has his eye on.
[Post edited 18 Jul 2018 12:17]

Unfortunately the transfer activity so far this year does not fill me with any confidence in the quality and value of potential signings being of the standard required to maintain the status and position of our club ! Mccarthy was abused by many of the supporters for signings he made from the lower leagues, apparently because they were not good enough, but those same supporters are now encouraging the new management to follow the same path . My number one concern is that the new manager may not have the necessary contacts, which the previous manager had , to enable him to get the best chances of getting the quality necessary .

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 18:50 - Jul 18 with 1060 viewschristiand

Toughest thing to do is get the ball in the net, if Waghorn was sold would want a decent amount of his transfer fee spent on a decent replacement instead of a cheap punt. Waghorn was terrific last season and would be huge boots to fill especially his goals and assists!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 18:51 - Jul 18 with 1057 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:15 - Jul 18 by J2BLUE

Surely it depends on where the money goes? Would you be pissed if we took it and then replaced him with a free transfer or loan?

Very good point. But possibly more important would be if we replaced him with someone with considerably less impact. Which is likely as we've had considerably more 'misses' than 'hits' for strikers since ME took over.

It would be a shame to let our most impactful player go just one year after finding him, whatever the fees involved (but yes, I know, sadly money is the bottom line. Short-termism though - if we get the rest of the team right, he could be the difference between staying in the Championship and going up. That's worth considerably more to ME's accountantbthan £9.5m.)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 18:56 - Jul 18 with 1050 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:11 - Jul 18 by IpswichTownNL

No one is paying 9.5 million for Waghorn and I'd be pissed if we turned an offer like that down.

Oh give over.

I’d be pissed if we actually accepted.

Because we won’t get a better striker than Waggy for 9m so it’s pointless.

I’d ask for crazy money like 20m or tell them to fook off.

Remember it’s Evans and it’s more likely than not that the 9m will magically disappear.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 02:20 - Jul 19 with 865 viewsHalifaxBlue

Anyone listening to talk sport? on 12:41 - Jul 18 by JakeITFC

Mental money, yes, but I also wouldn't want to sell him and shop in a market where Martyn Waghorn is worth nearly £10m.

Precisely my thoughts. 5 years ago obviously I'd snap your hand off, but I think we'd struggle to fill a 15-goal hole with 9.5m right now.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024