Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! 06:34 - Jul 23 with 3226 viewsChurchman75

We are a football team and this is football!
How are we meant to push on if we sell all our best players all the time.

ME get it right for once please and support the team not your business structure

Poll: Attendance today as its community day and ticket offer..... SAR Upper is full..

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 06:55 - Jul 23 with 3184 viewsJohnny_Boy

I didn't see you shed a tear when (arguably) the best technical player on Town's books left on a free last month.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 6:59]
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:00 - Jul 23 with 3168 viewsMrTown

If we buy for 200,000. Sell for £6,000,000. That’s at 3000% return in 12 months. That’s good business.... just saying.

In terms of footballing factors: too many things we don’t know about go into the deal: family, wages, contract length, personal ambitions. You can’t hold a player if they don’t want to play for you.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:01 - Jul 23 with 3168 viewsBenters2

Thats the trouble now you see Chap,money sadly does talk,we are a selling club.

We cant keep a setled team,so im affraid this is how its going to be.

As i havent been near to PR for a few months now,can someone tell me if they have washed the NS roof yet?

Many thanks.
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:02 - Jul 23 with 3170 viewsSimonds92

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 06:55 - Jul 23 by Johnny_Boy

I didn't see you shed a tear when (arguably) the best technical player on Town's books left on a free last month.
[Post edited 23 Jul 2018 6:59]

Waghorn is a key member of tge first 11. Glass legs has been a bit part player for the past 3 years. In reality him leaving has very minimal impact on the team.
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:08 - Jul 23 with 3130 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:02 - Jul 23 by Simonds92

Waghorn is a key member of tge first 11. Glass legs has been a bit part player for the past 3 years. In reality him leaving has very minimal impact on the team.

But you imply our 'best' players. McG was one of our best.
If Waggy goes, we'll move on like we've always down.
We've always been a selling club, surprised you're not used to that by now.
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:14 - Jul 23 with 3108 viewsReuser_is_God

You’re wrong, it is good business.

However, from a footballing point of view, letting him go would be a disaster.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:16 - Jul 23 with 3102 viewsSimonds92

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:08 - Jul 23 by Johnny_Boy

Its not my post so i wasn't implying anything, i just stated makes no difference to our team with McGoldrick as he never played anyway. We sell when an offer is too good to turn down or if we cant stand in the players way because its a good opportunity. Anything below £10million to Sheffield United is neither of those things.
on 07:23 - Jul 23 with 3071 views_

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:08 - Jul 23 by Johnny_Boy

Login to get fewer ads

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:40 - Jul 23 with 3025 viewsJohnny_Boy

on 07:23 - Jul 23 by _

One of our best technical players (when he was fit - granted).

Hardly an outlandish claim.

For the record, his time had ultimately come to a closure at ITFC.
on 07:42 - Jul 23 with 3014 views_

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:40 - Jul 23 by Johnny_Boy

One of our best technical players (when he was fit - granted).

Hardly an outlandish claim.

For the record, his time had ultimately come to a closure at ITFC.

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:43 - Jul 23 with 3010 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:16 - Jul 23 by Simonds92

Its not my post so i wasn't implying anything, i just stated makes no difference to our team with McGoldrick as he never played anyway. We sell when an offer is too good to turn down or if we cant stand in the players way because its a good opportunity. Anything below £10million to Sheffield United is neither of those things.

Sorry. Not your statement. The OP's.

£7m for a player that cost between £500k-£1m.....after one glorious season IS too good an offer to turn down. IMHO
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:45 - Jul 23 with 2976 viewsHerbivore

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:01 - Jul 23 by Benters2

As i havent been near to PR for a few months now,can someone tell me if they have washed the NS roof yet?

Many thanks.

We've always been a selling club.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:46 - Jul 23 with 2972 viewsJohnny_Boy

on 07:42 - Jul 23 by _

No, I agree with all those sentiments - and that's why we should have sold him for £6m four years ago....in the same vein as we should (begrudgingly) sell Waggy for upwards of £7m now.
on 07:46 - Jul 23 with 2965 views_

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:45 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:47 - Jul 23 with 2962 viewsfergalsharkey

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:01 - Jul 23 by Benters2

Many thanks.

We are the next coventry.

Poll: Cook out?

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:49 - Jul 23 with 2942 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:47 - Jul 23 by fergalsharkey

"On yer bike!"

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:50 - Jul 23 with 2937 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:14 - Jul 23 by Reuser_is_God

You’re wrong, it is good business.

However, from a footballing point of view, letting him go would be a disaster.

But doesn't the chance of the disaster all depend on who comes in for him & how well they perform? If Harrison rocks up & scores 8 goals in his first season, that should be seen as a success. Surely?
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:56 - Jul 23 with 2918 viewsReuser_is_God

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:50 - Jul 23 by Johnny_Boy

But doesn't the chance of the disaster all depend on who comes in for him & how well they perform? If Harrison rocks up & scores 8 goals in his first season, that should be seen as a success. Surely?

If Harrison is our top scorer come May with 8 goals then there is a decent chance we’d be in the bottom 3.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:03 - Jul 23 with 2873 viewsJohnny_Boy

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:56 - Jul 23 by Reuser_is_God

If Harrison is our top scorer come May with 8 goals then there is a decent chance we’d be in the bottom 3.

You little tinker. That's not exactly what I said.

There's just as much chance of Waggy staying & not being able to replicate last seasons heroics of 16 league goals....where he could perversely only score 8 goals himself.

Do you think Wagster will equal his record again this season? I've got to be honest here & say he won't. He'll still be a valued member of the team, yes. But the 16 goals are clouding people's judgements.
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:06 - Jul 23 with 2861 viewsITFC_Forever

on 07:42 - Jul 23 by _

You really do hate him.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

on 08:08 - Jul 23 with 2849 views_

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:06 - Jul 23 by ITFC_Forever

You really do hate him.

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:10 - Jul 23 with 2843 viewstractorboy1978

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:45 - Jul 23 by Herbivore

Selling our best players to Premiership clubs, yes. Not to clubs in the same division that we are competing with.
Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:22 - Jul 23 with 2794 viewsagentp

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:56 - Jul 23 by Reuser_is_God

Agree with that, but...

I think do need a large shake up. We've lost, what, 10/11 players and replaced then with three.

I think this week will see a mix a good lower league players and a few loans coming in. Add 5 decent players to the mix and the opportunities that another £6m (say) would bring, would lead to an exciting season.

This is going to be a key week.

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:30 - Jul 23 with 2766 viewstextbackup

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 08:10 - Jul 23 by tractorboy1978

Selling our best players to Premiership clubs, yes. Not to clubs in the same division that we are competing with.

but football has changed, and championship clubs can afford large fees.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 10:03 - Jul 23 with 2681 viewsBenters2

Waghorn leaving = good business..???? Really!!! on 07:47 - Jul 23 by fergalsharkey

Hope not!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024