Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adeyemi 16:15 - Jul 26 with 9226 viewsDubtractor

Do we start to assume the the latest achilles issue is more of a problem than initially thought?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

on 23:11 - Jul 26 with 1675 views_

Adeyemi on 23:06 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

I'm surprised at the down-arrow from you of all people. Point is we don't know. It's not baseless - Hurst seems to think physically he could be getting out there. To me that suggests the possibility (I emphasise possibility) of something mental.

It may be silly to speculate... but I wouldn't have done if I hadn't seen a thread of people laying into him. Just pointing out people might want to consider that it could be more... and that they might want to hold back on some of the grief he's getting.

Adeyemi on 23:33 - Jul 26 with 1630 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 23:11 - Jul 26 by _

It's not exactly the same for the reason's I've given. From what Hurst is saying he seems to think Adeyemi id physically up to more. That suggests problems in his head. That's not ZERO evidence.

Why is it ok to offer the 'he's just a malingering sick note' view, while my alternative is so abhorrent? I'm not mirroring anything and it's pretty offensive to suggest I am.

I disagree that it's patronising or condescending to urge caution, but that's just my opinion. I've said my bit and I'll leave it there. If people want to keep sticking the boot in that's up to them.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 23:43 - Jul 26 with 1611 views_

Adeyemi on 23:33 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

It's not exactly the same for the reason's I've given. From what Hurst is saying he seems to think Adeyemi id physically up to more. That suggests problems in his head. That's not ZERO evidence.

Why is it ok to offer the 'he's just a malingering sick note' view, while my alternative is so abhorrent? I'm not mirroring anything and it's pretty offensive to suggest I am.

I disagree that it's patronising or condescending to urge caution, but that's just my opinion. I've said my bit and I'll leave it there. If people want to keep sticking the boot in that's up to them.

Adeyemi on 05:37 - Jul 27 with 1535 viewsshamboy

It's actually idiotic to suggest that anyone could play through an Achilles problem. The player will only aggravate the injury. The manager appears to be on very dodgy ground by issuing medical advice. The player knows his body better than anyone.
If Tom has no injury, obviously that is a different matter.
Adeyemi on 07:44 - Jul 27 with 1490 viewsPositivelyPortman

Adeyemi on 16:33 - Jul 26 by Illinoisblue

blimey, the new story just put up by Phil. Very much a "you need to man up, now" call from Hurst re Adeyemi.

God only knows what the likes of Hunter and Beattie make of him.

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Adeyemi on 07:51 - Jul 27 with 1482 viewstextbackup

Adeyemi on 23:00 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

I pointed out no-one knows. I don't either. But you must think there's a possibility?

oh come on, I've every sympathy for mental health issues, but this just isn't the case. blokes paid a fortune to sit in the injury room have treatment when others just crack on.
its lazy

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Adeyemi on 08:05 - Jul 27 with 1460 viewsReuser_is_God

I pointed out no-one knows. I don't either. But you must think there's a possibility?

A mentality issue rather than mental health I’d say, massive difference.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Adeyemi on 08:12 - Jul 27 with 1448 viewschicoazul

It's possible the same way it's possible he is just lazy and feckless.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Login to get fewer ads

Adeyemi on 08:54 - Jul 27 with 1401 viewsVic

Adeyemi on 05:37 - Jul 27 by shamboy

It's actually idiotic to suggest that anyone could play through an Achilles problem. The player will only aggravate the injury. The manager appears to be on very dodgy ground by issuing medical advice. The player knows his body better than anyone.
If Tom has no injury, obviously that is a different matter.

Trouble is that they don’t always know their body better than anyone. Sometimes you think you can’t go on, but with encouragement you can do way more than you think. The interview someone posted with adeyemi and the rehab clinic suggests that he has no confidence in his body and is very nervous about pushing it through what he thinks he can do. That’s not mental weakness, it’s just Psychological and he needs to trust the medics and not listen to his fears.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Adeyemi on 09:02 - Jul 27 with 1394 viewsSwailsey

Adeyemi on 23:06 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

I'm surprised at the down-arrow from you of all people. Point is we don't know. It's not baseless - Hurst seems to think physically he could be getting out there. To me that suggests the possibility (I emphasise possibility) of something mental.

It may be silly to speculate... but I wouldn't have done if I hadn't seen a thread of people laying into him. Just pointing out people might want to consider that it could be more... and that they might want to hold back on some of the grief he's getting.

That was my first thought too. Reminded me a lot of Civelli.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Adeyemi on 09:28 - Jul 27 with 1366 viewsBrixtonBlue

Adeyemi on 09:02 - Jul 27 by Swailsey

That was my first thought too. Reminded me a lot of Civelli.

Glad someone appreciates what I'm saying.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

on 09:32 - Jul 27 with 1360 views_

Adeyemi on 08:12 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

on 09:33 - Jul 27 with 1355 views_

Adeyemi on 08:05 - Jul 27 by Reuser_is_God

A mentality issue rather than mental health I’d say, massive difference.

Adeyemi on 09:40 - Jul 27 with 1346 viewsRadlett_blue

In the first few years of his career, Adeyemi seemed to play 40 games a season with no problem. However, in the past 4 season, he's played 20-30 games. That indicated either he's not very good or is something of a permanent sick note. It's intensely frustrating that someone who last played a competitive game 9 months ago still isn't fit. The signs don't look good, do they?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Adeyemi on 14:15 - Jul 27 with 1268 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Adeyemi on 08:12 - Jul 27 by chicoazul

Both seem extreme to me

Likely just a case that he’s lost confidence in his body and needs that building back up - may be possible over time but may not. Obviously one should feel sorry for the player in that circumstance but by the same token Ipswich aren’t a charity, and if he isn’t going to be up to it anytime soon then he’s no use to us unfortunately

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024