Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adeyemi 16:15 - Jul 26 with 9227 viewsDubtractor

Do we start to assume the the latest achilles issue is more of a problem than initially thought?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Adeyemi on 16:57 - Jul 26 with 2924 viewsRedX

The guy is a waste of space.

Most clubs have a sicknote.
Adeyemi on 17:00 - Jul 26 with 2917 viewsDubtractor

Crikey, this post looks a bit sharper now doesn't it?!

That is a pretty straight calling out of him though isn't it?

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Adeyemi on 17:00 - Jul 26 with 2906 viewstextbackup

Adeyemi on 16:56 - Jul 26 by No_Moore_Kieffer

Your (one-way) bromance with Doig is going to become more amusing than itfcjoe posting 'The Office' quotes, I feel

Oh no, I’m more terrified of him than anything. But that’s just most Scottish people really, they just sound so angry!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Adeyemi on 17:03 - Jul 26 with 2894 viewsNo_Moore_Kieffer

Adeyemi on 17:00 - Jul 26 by textbackup

Oh no, I’m more terrified of him than anything. But that’s just most Scottish people really, they just sound so angry!

Just get him a rather flattering song sorted over the weekend and serenade him outside Playford Road on Monday morning with some roses and chocolates ready for him. He'll remember you fondly then, and you've nothing to be afraid of.
Adeyemi on 17:05 - Jul 26 with 2876 viewsTIB

Adeyemi on 16:43 - Jul 26 by BLUEBEAT

Hurst calling him out as a soft touch 😄

He can’t help it, it’s the academy he came through that made him this way

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Adeyemi on 17:07 - Jul 26 with 2866 viewsMullet

Phil seemed to suggest it was really minor, the only other achilles injuries I know of that are worth mention require surgery and rehab though.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Adeyemi on 17:54 - Jul 26 with 2781 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Disagree with this approach as I've said elsewhere. No need to make it public.

I like a lot about his approach but this public baiting of players (e.g. Knudson last weekend as well) will get tiresome very fast.
Adeyemi on 17:58 - Jul 26 with 2770 viewshowdonblue

Judging what the guvoner aka Paul hurst said it’s more a problem between the players ears !
Login to get fewer ads

Adeyemi on 17:59 - Jul 26 with 2762 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Adeyemi on 17:54 - Jul 26 by CBMTOBWMMBG

I like a lot about his approach but this public baiting of players (e.g. Knudson last weekend as well) will get tiresome very fast.

I applaud Hurst approach.

Suspect softly softly is wearing thin.

Nothing hurst says is vindictive. It’s honest and constructive.

No professional sportsman should have a problem with that.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Adeyemi on 18:16 - Jul 26 with 2735 viewsTendring_Blue

Adeyemi on 17:59 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

I applaud Hurst approach.

Suspect softly softly is wearing thin.

Nothing hurst says is vindictive. It’s honest and constructive.

No professional sportsman should have a problem with that.

And it's all stuff the players probably already know. Chambers in his interview saying he agreed with many of Hursts statements, actually quoting them.
Adeyemi on 18:42 - Jul 26 with 2698 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Adeyemi on 18:16 - Jul 26 by Tendring_Blue

And it's all stuff the players probably already know. Chambers in his interview saying he agreed with many of Hursts statements, actually quoting them.

I agree with lots of it too. The training, intensity, openness, speed of decision making, connecting with fans. All with a smile too, it is great.

But I don't agree with baiting players publicly. Fans will now pre-judge players who are called out and potentially give them stick; and in future other players may play with injuries, in fear of similar treatment.
Adeyemi on 18:49 - Jul 26 with 2684 viewsWickets

Adeyemi on 16:29 - Jul 26 by chicoazul

I did think about the Triplets but I like the alliteration. Plus Three Triplets is tautology.

3 Triplets thats 9 aint it?
Adeyemi on 19:44 - Jul 26 with 2629 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Adeyemi on 18:42 - Jul 26 by CBMTOBWMMBG

I agree with lots of it too. The training, intensity, openness, speed of decision making, connecting with fans. All with a smile too, it is great.

But I don't agree with baiting players publicly. Fans will now pre-judge players who are called out and potentially give them stick; and in future other players may play with injuries, in fear of similar treatment.

Klopp did the same with Sturridge.

Mourinho has done the same with certain players.

I dont think honesty is a bad trait.

There comes a point where you have to answer a question honestly, otherwise you start to look like an idiot.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Adeyemi on 21:22 - Jul 26 with 2569 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Adeyemi on 19:44 - Jul 26 by Marshalls_Mullet

Klopp did the same with Sturridge.

Mourinho has done the same with certain players.

I dont think honesty is a bad trait.

There comes a point where you have to answer a question honestly, otherwise you start to look like an idiot.

Yep, totally fair, Klopp and Mourinho did that you are right. And honesty is certainly good. It may well be the right way to go.

There is one big difference for me. They are vastly experienced managers at their level, who could "show the players the trophies they'd won". They were not stepping up a level, like PH is.
Adeyemi on 21:37 - Jul 26 with 2553 viewsPhilTWTD

Adeyemi on 16:43 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

I guess the player he's praising & using as an example to Adeyemi is Bishop?

I doubt it as, according to Paul H, the achilles injury is related to training on hard ground and Bishop hasn't been training until the last few days. Will be one of the other players who has been training regularly since the start of pre-season.
Adeyemi on 21:40 - Jul 26 with 2535 viewsBrixtonBlue

I'd just like to point out that no-one in this thread gleefully having a pop at Adeyemi knows anything of his mental health. I'm as frustrated as anyone but I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just a physical problem.

If so, telling him to pull himself together, get out there, or even "get lost sicknote" is pretty disgusting about one of your own players.

Before diving for the down-arrow have a think about that.

There's been excellent mental health support for posters on this forum and footballers aren't immune from such problems.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Adeyemi on 21:43 - Jul 26 with 2529 viewsReuser_is_God

Adeyemi on 21:40 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

I'd just like to point out that no-one in this thread gleefully having a pop at Adeyemi knows anything of his mental health. I'm as frustrated as anyone but I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just a physical problem.

If so, telling him to pull himself together, get out there, or even "get lost sicknote" is pretty disgusting about one of your own players.

There's been excellent mental health support for posters on this forum and footballers aren't immune from such problems.

Given how harsh our manager has been on him, in public, I very much doubt this is the case.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Adeyemi on 21:45 - Jul 26 with 2515 viewsPJH

Adeyemi on 17:07 - Jul 26 by Mullet

Phil seemed to suggest it was really minor, the only other achilles injuries I know of that are worth mention require surgery and rehab though.

I think with achilles injuries it can be largely a mental thing.
In the early years of my road running career 30 odd years ago my achilles(both) got very sore mostly probably due to the footwear that I did my running in then.
For most of my road running years thereafter I had both of them strapped but I think in time the strapping caused problems with other parts of my feet.
I no longer do road running but in the last couple of years or so that I did I tried running without strapping and found that my achilles did not hurt.

Having said all that however, I still cannot stand having my achilles touched-mental or what?
Adeyemi on 21:52 - Jul 26 with 2498 viewsBrixtonBlue

Adeyemi on 21:43 - Jul 26 by Reuser_is_God

Given how harsh our manager has been on him, in public, I very much doubt this is the case.

I hope so. But then mental problems, by definition, can't be seen. And it may well be especially hard for a tough footballer to air them. Equally it might well be that Hurst is a no-nonsense 'pull yerself together lad' Yorkshireman.

I dunno. This baying for blood mentality seems a little unseemly to me. I think most footballers would be playing if they could.

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Adeyemi on 21:59 - Jul 26 with 2470 viewsDubtractor

Adeyemi on 21:40 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

Pretty wild speculation there, based on little to no evidence at all, I have to say.

Adeyemi on 22:31 - Jul 26 with 2428 viewsReuser_is_God

Adeyemi on 21:52 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

I hope so. But then mental problems, by definition, can't be seen. And it may well be especially hard for a tough footballer to air them. Equally it might well be that Hurst is a no-nonsense 'pull yerself together lad' Yorkshireman.

I dunno. This baying for blood mentality seems a little unseemly to me. I think most footballers would be playing if they could.

He was fit to start pre season, played in the Kilmarnock game then cried off with a sore achilles for a month.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 22:36 - Jul 26 with 2416 views_

Adeyemi on 21:52 - Jul 26 by BrixtonBlue

Adeyemi on 22:41 - Jul 26 with 2403 viewsVic

Adeyemi on 17:54 - Jul 26 by CBMTOBWMMBG

What do you mean by ‘baiting’?

I very much doubt that he’d make this sort of comment without first speaking to staff who’ve known him for a while.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Adeyemi on 23:00 - Jul 26 with 2371 viewsBrixtonBlue

Adeyemi on 21:59 - Jul 26 by Dubtractor

Pretty wild speculation there, based on little to no evidence at all, I have to say.

I pointed out no-one knows. I don't either. But you must think there's a possibility?

Adeyemi on 23:06 - Jul 26 with 2354 viewsBrixtonBlue

on 22:36 - Jul 26 by _

I'm surprised at the down-arrow from you of all people. Point is we don't know. It's not baseless - Hurst seems to think physically he could be getting out there. To me that suggests the possibility (I emphasise possibility) of something mental.

It may be silly to speculate... but I wouldn't have done if I hadn't seen a thread of people laying into him. Just pointing out people might want to consider that it could be more... and that they might want to hold back on some of the grief he's getting.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024