Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A big problem for us will be........ 17:27 - Aug 11 with 4466 viewsHerbivore

..........our fanbase's lack of patience currently. Today's result isn't good and there's no getting away from that, but it does seem some are going OTT already with talk of a relegation battle when we're 2 games in. It was also notable last week that at 1-2 in the second half there were periods where the crowd was restless and there were moans and groans when attacks broke down.

We're very much a work in progress, a number of today's team have been at the club 5 minutes and Hurst is still getting his ideas across. It will take time for things to bed in but for all the talk on here of being happy to be bottom half if the football is better it seems that one bad result is something a chunk of our fans struggle to tolerate. If the atmosphere turns negative then it will make it really hard for us to progress and it's going to be a challenge for some of these inexperienced lads.

So yes, poor result today and a game we shouldn't be losing even whilst we're gelling. But let's not over-egg it and let's not create the kind of negative atmosphere that makes a relegation scrap a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:31 - Aug 11 with 1110 viewsTrequartista

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:14 - Aug 11 by Superfrans

Exactly. Our fanbase effectively splits into two halves, those who wanted a change and those who didn’t.

Those who wanted a change - you wanted a change in manager and style, that won’t hapoen overnight, it will take time to bed in, show you are grown ups and give it time. This is going to require some patience.

Those who didn’t want a change - it’s happened now, we have a new manager, trying something different, show the loyalty you said was important about the last manager, give him time to do his job. This is going to require patience.

At the point mick left i think the split was nearer to 80 20 for change

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:31 - Aug 11 with 1109 viewsSlambo

Good man, great post. It sounds like we dominated today and got mugged in the 90th minute. Sheesh, it happens. Also should have had a penalty. We're steadily becoming an assertive, dynamic and creative side. I speculated that we'd get off to a very shaky start, then things would start clicking in the new year, maybe early spring. But i'm well excited about Hurst and what he's doing. Cannot wait to see prove the doubters - both within and without - wrong...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:35 - Aug 11 with 1097 viewsSuperfrans

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:31 - Aug 11 by Trequartista

At the point mick left i think the split was nearer to 80 20 for change

To be honest, I wasn’t really referring to proportions. But if it helps you, that’s fine.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:37 - Aug 11 with 1092 viewsTrequartista

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:45 - Aug 11 by Herbivore

People were starting to emote in the ground last week in the second half, not anything compared to last season but audible moans and groans.

Swansea fans were singing get out of our club to their owner today. After taking a perennial 3rd tier club to successive premier league seasons, appointing an excellent manager and makng a good start to the season.

We are pretty tame compared to a lot of clubs

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:39 - Aug 11 with 1091 viewsTrequartista

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:35 - Aug 11 by Superfrans

To be honest, I wasn’t really referring to proportions. But if it helps you, that’s fine.

Halves means 50/50 i guess you meant camps.

A big problem for us will be........ on 18:42 - Aug 11 with 1088 viewsBenters2

Nobody moaned where we were standing last week..
A big problem for us will be........ on 08:03 - Aug 15 with 1036 viewsHerbivore

A big problem for us will be........ on 08:05 - Aug 15 with 1032 viewsBenters2

A big problem for us will be........ on 08:03 - Aug 15 by Herbivore

Bore off.
Login to get fewer ads

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:19 - Aug 22 with 969 viewsHerbivore

Based on the reaction to last night I think this needs another bump.

Keep the faith, we've played 4 league games and are very clearly a work in progress. Lots of new players to bed in, the whole club changing after 5+ years of the same management, coaches etc. Unfortunately our circumstances meant we did a fair bit of business late in the window, 3 weeks ago we'd not yet signed Nsiala, Nolan or Jackson. Donacien and Edun were only just arriving here. It will take time, individually the new signings have shown promise but we're not yet a cohesive team. That should come in time but one thing is for sure, going overboard after every poor early season result isn't going to help at all.

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:25 - Aug 22 with 950 viewsBrixtonBlue

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:19 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Keep the faith, we've played 4 league games and are very clearly a work in progress. Lots of new players to bed in, the whole club changing after 5+ years of the same management, coaches etc. Unfortunately our circumstances meant we did a fair bit of business late in the window, 3 weeks ago we'd not yet signed Nsiala, Nolan or Jackson. Donacien and Edun were only just arriving here. It will take time, individually the new signings have shown promise but we're not yet a cohesive team. That should come in time but one thing is for sure, going overboard after every poor early season result isn't going to help at all.

While I agree with your sentiments, it's hard, at the moment, to see where the goals are coming from. All the bedding-in in the world won't help if the players aren't good enough. Which might be the case.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:27 - Aug 22 with 947 viewsHerbivore

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:25 - Aug 22 by BrixtonBlue

While I agree with your sentiments, it's hard, at the moment, to see where the goals are coming from. All the bedding-in in the world won't help if the players aren't good enough. Which might be the case.

From what I've seen so far the issue doesn't seem to be the quality of the players, it's the cohesiveness and effectiveness of the system. That's the bit that takes work and still needs a bit of tweaking.

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:28 - Aug 22 with 937 viewsSomethingBlue

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:25 - Aug 22 by BrixtonBlue

It might be, but I think a lot of the point is that we won't really know until the bedding-in has happened. This needs time — we can't really look at it any other way.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

A big problem for us will be........ on 14:17 - Aug 22 with 881 viewsHoppersblue10

A big problem for us will be........ on 11:19 - Aug 22 by Herbivore

Agree totally, already in some parts of the team you can see improvement already, Roberts looked handy when he came on, Donacien for the most part had Lawrence in his pocket.
1 up top is not necessarily the issue, it maybe more on how we get support to that man earlier and in sufficient numbers, that is a conundrum that needs sorting, not the time to switch to plan B just cos plan A isn’t working out 4 games in.!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

A big problem for us will be........ on 17:58 - Aug 22 with 848 viewswarkthisway

Of course it’s all been the paying fans fault we have gone from promotion candidates to relegation likelies and on a downward spiral for 20 years .

bentnkuqi

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024