Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sears / Ward 12:14 - Aug 15 with 2301 viewsTS_ITFC

Anyone else notice in the highlights the lack of celebration from Sears and Ward?!

Maybe there is a bit of a them and us going on in the changing rooms.....
Sears / Ward on 12:26 - Aug 15 with 2187 viewsCoco

I sense some of the old guard are reluctant to get onboard- as with every new manager.

Can you finish this sentence though...

‘We simply must keep hold of Grant Ward because he is so good at....’

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Sears / Ward on 12:27 - Aug 15 with 2174 viewsTIB

Thought the same thing having just watched the highlights back. Surely though they would prefer to play Hurst's football to Mick's!?!

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Sears / Ward on 12:29 - Aug 15 with 2144 viewsWallingford_Boy

Sears / Ward on 12:26 - Aug 15 by Coco

I sense some of the old guard are reluctant to get onboard- as with every new manager.

To be fair, he did look excellent pre-season, really hungry.. but then so did a lot of the team!

RIP Sir Bobby

Sears / Ward on 12:30 - Aug 15 with 2126 viewsSuperblue95

Scoring a first half goal against league two opposition in the first round of the League Cup is hardly going to spark wild scenes of celebrations

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Sears / Ward on 12:31 - Aug 15 with 2118 viewsclive_baker

They literally both went over to Jackson to congratulate him and shake his hand. What are you expecting, Shefki swan dives into the away end?

Complete non story. Next.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Sears / Ward on 12:34 - Aug 15 with 2067 viewsDarth_Koont

Because it would have been a little embarassing to wildly celebrate a keeper mistake against League 2 opposition. They went over to Jackson and congratulated him with wry smiles. Even Edun looks like he quickly puts a lid on it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sears / Ward on 12:49 - Aug 15 with 1934 viewsReuser_is_God

Sears / Ward on 12:30 - Aug 15 by Superblue95

Scoring a first half goal against league two opposition in the first round of the League Cup is hardly going to spark wild scenes of celebrations

You've not met Rommy then?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Sears / Ward on 12:55 - Aug 15 with 1887 viewsSuperblue95

Sears / Ward on 12:49 - Aug 15 by Reuser_is_God

You've not met Rommy then?

Not knowingly, no. I can't even begin to imagine how he would react if Brentford win the league so

Login to get fewer ads

Sears / Ward on 13:05 - Aug 15 with 1831 viewsbritbiker

Sears / Ward on 12:34 - Aug 15 by Darth_Koont

Because it would have been a little embarassing to wildly celebrate a keeper mistake against League 2 opposition. They went over to Jackson and congratulated him with wry smiles. Even Edun looks like he quickly puts a lid on it.

Agreed, the way the goal was scored does make a difference. I think they were a little bit embarrassed to overly celebrate. If it had been a 30 yard scorcher it would have been different.
Sears / Ward on 15:58 - Aug 15 with 1638 viewsTS_ITFC

Sears / Ward on 13:05 - Aug 15 by britbiker

Agreed, the way the goal was scored does make a difference. I think they were a little bit embarrassed to overly celebrate. If it had been a 30 yard scorcher it would have been different.

True...but I thought they looked more annoyed at him for not getting the cross to them than embarrassed about the way it went in.
Sears / Ward on 17:32 - Aug 15 with 1462 viewsSE1blue

Sears / Ward on 12:30 - Aug 15 by Superblue95

Add to this the reaction from the guy who scores the winning penalty for Exeter.

You struggle to recognise that his is the winning goal and there's no dash from his teammates to jump on him.

It's the Carabao cup. Bottle flipping probably has more respect internationally.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Sears / Ward on 17:36 - Aug 15 with 1443 viewsTS_ITFC

Sears / Ward on 17:32 - Aug 15 by SE1blue

Add to this the reaction from the guy who scores the winning penalty for Exeter.

You struggle to recognise that his is the winning goal and there's no dash from his teammates to jump on him.

It's the Carabao cup. Bottle flipping probably has more respect internationally.

Probably explains the result and some of the performances then. So of the tracking back and following of runners was really poor.
Sears / Ward on 17:48 - Aug 15 with 1374 viewsSuperblue95

Sears / Ward on 17:32 - Aug 15 by SE1blue

I hope you aren't knocking bottle flipping...

Sears / Ward on 17:56 - Aug 15 with 1327 viewsSuperfrans

Sears / Ward on 12:26 - Aug 15 by Coco

... scoring goals on his debut... ?

To be fair to Grant Ward, he is a lovely footballer to watch, he reminds me a little of Carlos Edwards the way he glides across the pitch. He has good touch, is a little lightweight (perhaps), but his free kicks/corners aren't driven enough for me. He's the kind of player who, with a bit of nurturing, could be excellent. But he needs his confidence building up etc.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024