Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective 07:28 - Aug 19 with 9938 viewsartsbossbeard

It seems that if you weren't frothing at the mouth, using poor grammar and overusing explanation marks when posting about Mick, the TWTD machine has you labelled as a "Mick Inner". Should you have the temerity to question the PH revolution, you are labelled a "big moaner".

What a time to be alive!

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:52 - Aug 20 with 2068 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:19 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

The worm has turned - it's gone from blind hatred of the manager to blind faith in him.

I didn't mind Mick but he had to go, think he did a good job overall.

I like what Hurst is trying to do and think it is a good approach with the limited resources we have - but will be worried if we don't get a win soon because wouldn't want to see this squad which is inexperienced at this level in a relegation scrap.

Here we go again, another season dividing fans into two camps. It’s not blind faith in the manager at all. It’s a restored sense of pride and optimism in the possibility and promise of something different.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:25 - Aug 20 with 2034 viewsMullet

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:52 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

Here we go again, another season dividing fans into two camps. It’s not blind faith in the manager at all. It’s a restored sense of pride and optimism in the possibility and promise of something different.

That's just more nonsense - people who were binary last season are just as bad this one, in the opposite direction.

Sneers and slurs all over the place. There's a weird mindset where being anything other than totally for/against one manager means you are expected to apply the opposite to their predecessor. It's very childlike and causes exactly what you're complaining about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:39 - Aug 20 with 2012 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:25 - Aug 20 by Mullet

That's just more nonsense - people who were binary last season are just as bad this one, in the opposite direction.

Sneers and slurs all over the place. There's a weird mindset where being anything other than totally for/against one manager means you are expected to apply the opposite to their predecessor. It's very childlike and causes exactly what you're complaining about.

That’s because what MM offered and what PH is starting to offer are so polarising there’s an inevitability to it. What I find staggering is the apathy that existed by some toward MMs departure is still there only now it’s reclected in whether PH is offering something different and whether it’ll be a success.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:52 - Aug 20 with 1998 viewsMullet

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:39 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

That’s because what MM offered and what PH is starting to offer are so polarising there’s an inevitability to it. What I find staggering is the apathy that existed by some toward MMs departure is still there only now it’s reclected in whether PH is offering something different and whether it’ll be a success.

It's far too early to make any calls on that and makes people look silly in doing so.

If you take the actual evidence of what has happened in games under PH it's incredibly difficult to argue an improvement, because we simply fail to score and fail to keep teams out convincingly enough. The sample size and context of that is laughable.

Hence why the zealotry is so ridiculous and childish. We may just have turned a corner on Saturday, but we'll only know in a month or so at the earliest. We've still yet to win a game. There are so many shades of grey, that those who were wrong about so much of Mick's reign getting ahead of themselves and pretending the deliverance is already here are making any football discussion painful.

To illustrate the point, imagine had Mick produced the result against Exeter or Rotherham away and failed to win thus far. How do you think he would be treated by those "fans"?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 11:34 - Aug 20 with 1963 viewsRyorry

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:52 - Aug 20 by Mullet

It's far too early to make any calls on that and makes people look silly in doing so.

If you take the actual evidence of what has happened in games under PH it's incredibly difficult to argue an improvement, because we simply fail to score and fail to keep teams out convincingly enough. The sample size and context of that is laughable.

Hence why the zealotry is so ridiculous and childish. We may just have turned a corner on Saturday, but we'll only know in a month or so at the earliest. We've still yet to win a game. There are so many shades of grey, that those who were wrong about so much of Mick's reign getting ahead of themselves and pretending the deliverance is already here are making any football discussion painful.

To illustrate the point, imagine had Mick produced the result against Exeter or Rotherham away and failed to win thus far. How do you think he would be treated by those "fans"?

It's seemed to me that Keanish is mostly citing the positivity of our new style - football more on the deck, pacier, more attacking and exciting to watch - than the situation regarding results and points.

As for your last para - MM would have had 5 years at that point to do the biz with a squad and team that were entirely his. PH has had 3 months, 4 competitive games, half a new squad, and many players inherited from MM!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 14:01 - Aug 20 with 1917 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:52 - Aug 20 by Mullet

Ridiculous, childish and silly? See Rrorry’s point, it’s exactly what I’m talking about. If we’re going to have yet another season of over analytical nonsense of the game and everyone’s post, please leave me out of it. The football is positive yet you are not. Maybe some see the game differently, thankfully.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 14:17 - Aug 20 with 1902 viewsMullet

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 14:01 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

Ridiculous, childish and silly? See Rrorry’s point, it’s exactly what I’m talking about. If we’re going to have yet another season of over analytical nonsense of the game and everyone’s post, please leave me out of it. The football is positive yet you are not. Maybe some see the game differently, thankfully.

At what point am I not positive? What constitutes positivity about the football when we have yet to win a game exactly? That's some stunning logic and massive holes you have traversed.

You're only showing exactly what I mean about drawing any conclusions this early on

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:07 - Aug 20 with 1868 viewsKeaneish

Login to get fewer ads

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 15:10 - Aug 20 with 1866 viewsitfcjoe

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:33 - Aug 20 by Mullet

Although people overlook the goals Bishop made, complained that we "relied" on Tom Lawrence/don't count him as midfielder, forgot that Huws/Williams got injured just as they got going in the goals department etc. all to mould various perspectives to suit.

We has a season in the middle of that where Bru and Douglas were our midfield outside of Skuse due to injuries too. I think too much was made of Murphy's 27 in that sense, as we also had Berra and Smith scoring a lot of goals, Sears having a decent couple of months and the odd contribution from Anderson etc.

Hurst's strikers aren't the main outlet for goals and his teams aren't free scoring as a general rule of thumb. i think I'm right in saying Bogle is the one who bucks that trend at Grimsby. So it's key Nolan and Edwards start firing.

There isn't a central midfielder in the Mick era who has a goal record at the club that isn't poor, however it is shaken up. Bar perhaps Paul Green with a very average 2 in 15 or so games

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 15:12 - Aug 20 with 1864 viewsitfcjoe

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 09:52 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

If everyone was just a bit more sensible and balanced about things there wouldn't be a need.

I much prefer seeing the fans with blind faith now as it is less tiring and frustrating to read
[Post edited 20 Aug 2018 15:13]

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 15:20 - Aug 20 with 1851 viewsKeaneish

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 14:17 - Aug 20 by Mullet

At what point am I not positive? What constitutes positivity about the football when we have yet to win a game exactly? That's some stunning logic and massive holes you have traversed.

You're only showing exactly what I mean about drawing any conclusions this early on

I’m so bored of these little spats with you, it’s tedious. The football is infinitely more attractive to watch and played with more positive intent to win games. Attack is the best form of defence and with PH’s obvious desire to keep possession of the ball more, it’s a good positive recipe for future successes. Granted there are balances to get right ie: support in attack quicker, stop the silly mistakes at the back etc.

So far we’ve seen a willingness to play out from the back, the ability to switch the ball cross field from full back to winger, wide men attacking crosses late, midfielders playing on the half turn, pace up front, patience in possession. With a positive approach to win every game and all of this, results will come. It’s not conclusive, it’s just very, very encouraging and very positive after years of negativity.

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 16:10 - Aug 20 with 1819 viewsMullet

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 15:20 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

I’m so bored of these little spats with you, it’s tedious. The football is infinitely more attractive to watch and played with more positive intent to win games. Attack is the best form of defence and with PH’s obvious desire to keep possession of the ball more, it’s a good positive recipe for future successes. Granted there are balances to get right ie: support in attack quicker, stop the silly mistakes at the back etc.

So far we’ve seen a willingness to play out from the back, the ability to switch the ball cross field from full back to winger, wide men attacking crosses late, midfielders playing on the half turn, pace up front, patience in possession. With a positive approach to win every game and all of this, results will come. It’s not conclusive, it’s just very, very encouraging and very positive after years of negativity.

Again, you go around calling people out and then claim you're "bored of spats" when asked to show your working/it's shown up to be lacking, as evidence plenty of times in previous threads.

You've done it again here when things got "analysed" seemingly. It's fine but you can't go around slating people like ABB, Joe, myself etc. then do that and expect to be taken seriously.

Where am I not positive exactly? Because so far, you've gone and done exactly what I have of late. Listed the subjective changes but (far more reluctantly) admitted we're yet to see much success under Hurst.

What makes you the bloke who decides and assumes how valid someone's opinions are on the football Town serve up?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 16:54 - Aug 20 with 1796 viewsm14_blue

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:44 - Aug 19 by artsbossbeard

Is simpleton farmhand a label or an insult as otherwise I've left others to the labelling?

If you've noted I've not talked about the football, you'll have obviously noted that I've been on my holidays and yesterday was my first match of the season. Some joker hijacked my "quiet/busy on here tonight" moniker and within that you'll clearly see that I felt we couldn't really judge the team performance due to the early sending off. I noted a fair few long balls though, I thought they'd been outlawed? Interesting that.

You're successfully annoying the numbskulls, which I'm sure pleases you. However, it's also pretty annoying for the silent majority who just want a fresh start and a unified fanbase again. Why does it matter if people are overly positive about the new manager, surely that's a good thing?

I agreed with you throughout last season but it's time to move on, not try and create even more division.

You've made your point and can safely say 'I told you so' if it all goes pear shaped.
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:08 - Aug 20 with 1782 viewsBenters2

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 16:54 - Aug 20 by m14_blue

You're successfully annoying the numbskulls, which I'm sure pleases you. However, it's also pretty annoying for the silent majority who just want a fresh start and a unified fanbase again. Why does it matter if people are overly positive about the new manager, surely that's a good thing?

I agreed with you throughout last season but it's time to move on, not try and create even more division.

You've made your point and can safely say 'I told you so' if it all goes pear shaped.

Can us Numbskulls say 'i told you so' if and when we have a more enjoyable season than last?
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:21 - Aug 20 with 1772 viewsm14_blue

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:08 - Aug 20 by Benters2

Can us Numbskulls say 'i told you so' if and when we have a more enjoyable season than last?

Knock yourself out
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 04:42 - Aug 21 with 1696 viewsBenters2

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 17:21 - Aug 20 by m14_blue

Knock yourself out

Thanks.
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 07:56 - Aug 21 with 1661 viewsVic

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:19 - Aug 20 by itfcjoe

The worm has turned - it's gone from blind hatred of the manager to blind faith in him.

I didn't mind Mick but he had to go, think he did a good job overall.

I like what Hurst is trying to do and think it is a good approach with the limited resources we have - but will be worried if we don't get a win soon because wouldn't want to see this squad which is inexperienced at this level in a relegation scrap.

I think it’s probably a matter of fact that you capture the sentiments of the majority of us In this post Joe. Thanks.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:10 - Aug 21 with 1639 viewsVic

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 10:39 - Aug 20 by Keaneish

It wasnt apathy it was simply level headed realism. I liked Mick, I thought he generally did a good job for us, but could see that realistically he’d done all he was likely to do. For him to stay would have been more of the same, with the possibility of a decent season and a very outside shot at promotion. Theee was no risk with him, we knew what we were getting. I could have lived with that - it wasn’t a bad stragtegic footballing philosophy.

However, once his relationship had broken with the fans it was clear that it was time for him to go.

At the same time his depart opened the door for something different - and I’m very happy with that too. I like Hurst, I’m happy with his philosophy. Personally I’m nervous that the change over of players is so large (evidently bigger than he thought/wanted as well) and like joes says, I wouldn’t want to slip into a relegation scrap with this group of young and inexperienced players.

So I liked Mick - but knew it was time for him to go. I like Hurst, but can see (like he does) that there is an element risk in what he’s doing.

So it’s absolutley not blind faith or apathy in one or the other of these managers. It just being realistic.

But then I’m getting old, and I guess it is the prerogative of teens and younger people to see things as pretty black and white. I was like that once, but something happens as you get older and perspectives start to chance. Maybe it’s life experience, but life gets a lot greyer for most of us as we get older!
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 8:22]

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:13 - Aug 21 with 1631 viewsartsbossbeard

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:10 - Aug 21 by Vic

It wasnt apathy it was simply level headed realism. I liked Mick, I thought he generally did a good job for us, but could see that realistically he’d done all he was likely to do. For him to stay would have been more of the same, with the possibility of a decent season and a very outside shot at promotion. Theee was no risk with him, we knew what we were getting. I could have lived with that - it wasn’t a bad stragtegic footballing philosophy.

However, once his relationship had broken with the fans it was clear that it was time for him to go.

At the same time his depart opened the door for something different - and I’m very happy with that too. I like Hurst, I’m happy with his philosophy. Personally I’m nervous that the change over of players is so large (evidently bigger than he thought/wanted as well) and like joes says, I wouldn’t want to slip into a relegation scrap with this group of young and inexperienced players.

So I liked Mick - but knew it was time for him to go. I like Hurst, but can see (like he does) that there is an element risk in what he’s doing.

So it’s absolutley not blind faith or apathy in one or the other of these managers. It just being realistic.

But then I’m getting old, and I guess it is the prerogative of teens and younger people to see things as pretty black and white. I was like that once, but something happens as you get older and perspectives start to chance. Maybe it’s life experience, but life gets a lot greyer for most of us as we get older!

Stop talking so much sense on here.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:22 - Aug 21 with 1609 viewsBenters2

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:10 - Aug 21 by Vic

Mick Macs brand of football was so boring to watch though.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 8:23]
What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:30 - Aug 21 with 1590 viewsVic

What we've learnt from the PH revolution from a TWTD perspective on 08:22 - Aug 21 by Benters2

Mick Macs brand of football was so boring to watch though.
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 8:23]

Sometimes you’re a bit boring too Benters, but we love you!

Actually you remind me a bit of a gardening Mick - reliable, predictable, straight talking, inflexible, not really caring what others think. But like I say we love you - which is why we all feel for you at the moment, today especially. Hope everything goes as you’d want it too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024