Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... 07:19 - Aug 28 with 5638 viewschristiand

How come a former League 1 side can afford to spend £7m on a very promising player and our owner seems to be bickering - for weeks - over paying an extra £200K for a player? Daft really, but just highlights what PH is working with regarding the austerity created by ME at our club. No wonder we are going nowhere fast!

[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 7:21]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 12:41 - Aug 28 with 746 viewsyorkshire

I wonder if we'd paid 3 million for Edwards or 4 million for Nsiala whether people would feel better

Sometimes it seems people are more bothered about the cost of the player rather than what the guy adds to the team - Brereton does seem to be a pretty decent young player - but then again both JET and Lee Martin also seemed to be decent young players as well - and look how that turned out
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 12:47 - Aug 28 with 732 viewschristiand

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 12:41 - Aug 28 by yorkshire

I wonder if we'd paid 3 million for Edwards or 4 million for Nsiala whether people would feel better

Sometimes it seems people are more bothered about the cost of the player rather than what the guy adds to the team - Brereton does seem to be a pretty decent young player - but then again both JET and Lee Martin also seemed to be decent young players as well - and look how that turned out

It's more the fact that a former League 1 club can spend £7m on a player and an established Championship club quibbles over a few £100,000 for a transfer, that's my point. Just highlights ME's austerity approach.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 13:45 - Aug 28 with 693 viewsm14_blue

Or, a club with recent financial difficulties and very unstable owners, are about to spend £7m on someone who has scored 8 championship goals in 53 games and been deemed surplus to requirements at Forest.

He's looked decent when I've seen him play but Blackburn throwing money around is a recipe for disaster.

Evans has his faults but would anyone seriously swap him for the Venkys?
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 13:57 - Aug 28 with 677 viewsmrshallisfit

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:23 - Aug 28 by Currie10

What PH is working with....

Try what Mick worked with!

Hurst has been given a relative warchest - our most spending on fees since Jewell Keane Magilton.

I'll no doubt get the wages loan fees etc however when Mings went for example, Mick didn't get anything like this.

Jesus wept. Hurst has been backed rather well.

Well only in the sense that we had to sell some of our best assets first. He'd get naff all with those players going first.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 13:59 - Aug 28 with 674 viewsSpruceMoose

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 13:45 - Aug 28 by m14_blue

Or, a club with recent financial difficulties and very unstable owners, are about to spend £7m on someone who has scored 8 championship goals in 53 games and been deemed surplus to requirements at Forest.

He's looked decent when I've seen him play but Blackburn throwing money around is a recipe for disaster.

Evans has his faults but would anyone seriously swap him for the Venkys?

Only those who have spent too long living in a Football Manager/FIFA 18 universe.
[Post edited 28 Aug 2018 14:02]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 14:01 - Aug 28 with 669 viewsmrshallisfit

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 07:27 - Aug 28 by groovyASH

Why waste time comparing? We know what ME is like, he's the most predictable chairman in the football league (that is both a blessing and a curse)

Mostly a curse.
Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 14:06 - Aug 28 with 661 viewsmrshallisfit

Ben Brereton off to Blackburn Rovers it seems...... on 08:09 - Aug 28 by homer_123

Why is this a surprise.

Evans and the Club both clearly and unequivocally stated that any new incumbent after MM would be working under the same financial stipulations and framework.

Yes. Which has seen us slowly slide towards the Championship trapdoor. It was only MM's belligerent effectiveness that kept us somewhere in the middle of the league.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024