Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Walters – I like that a lot 15:32 - Aug 29 with 5340 viewsSomethingBlue

Excellent one to get done if we can. Presumably he'll mainly be here to add an option off the bench and should still have some legs to do what he's good at — hustling defenders, bringing people into the game, winning headers and combining with people around him. Great character to have in the dressing room and can only help the guys we've brought in. Yes please.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:15 - Aug 29 with 965 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:11 - Aug 29 by chicoazul

We had no choice with McG but we could have told Garner to sit tight just as we did with McG when Leicester bid for him and Mings when Palace bid for him. Instead Hurst chose to let him go and we are now replacing him with someone much older on loan who has hardly played and not scored recently. Garner would have been the perfect Plan B that everyone talks about us needing (presumably because Plan A is abject).

McGoldrick was an integral part of a team that was on the fringes of the playoffs, so much so that we were prepared to turn down £7m for him. He was potentially vital to our chances of promotion.

Garner is an average Championship striker who spends half of the time on his backside. Suggesting that Jon Walters, a Premier League player, who has scored plenty of goals at that level and was a top player at this level, is not an upgrade on Garner is extremely silly.

Walters was unable to force his way into a team that was still in the hunt for the Champions League in March! It's not as if he has been injured or is past it. He was in the same position as the likes of Welbeck and Batshuayi for most of last season!

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:16 - Aug 29 with 960 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:15 - Aug 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

McGoldrick was an integral part of a team that was on the fringes of the playoffs, so much so that we were prepared to turn down £7m for him. He was potentially vital to our chances of promotion.

Garner is an average Championship striker who spends half of the time on his backside. Suggesting that Jon Walters, a Premier League player, who has scored plenty of goals at that level and was a top player at this level, is not an upgrade on Garner is extremely silly.

Walters was unable to force his way into a team that was still in the hunt for the Champions League in March! It's not as if he has been injured or is past it. He was in the same position as the likes of Welbeck and Batshuayi for most of last season!

Mate. Walters had knee surgery. Nothing to do with Burnley doing well

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:21 - Aug 29 with 953 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:16 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

Mate. Walters had knee surgery. Nothing to do with Burnley doing well

He may well have done and been out for part of the season but he was deemed fit enough to play in a crucial Europa League match for Burnley recently.

If I have got the right poster, you seem to be saying that top lower league players are not up to it and players unable to get into Premier League sides are not either. Exactly where should we be recruiting from then?

I imagine you feel we should exclusively go for the better Championship clubs top players that we have no chance of attracting or affording. Please tell me who you'd like to see us realistically sign.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 918 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:21 - Aug 29 by WarkTheWarkITFC

He may well have done and been out for part of the season but he was deemed fit enough to play in a crucial Europa League match for Burnley recently.

If I have got the right poster, you seem to be saying that top lower league players are not up to it and players unable to get into Premier League sides are not either. Exactly where should we be recruiting from then?

I imagine you feel we should exclusively go for the better Championship clubs top players that we have no chance of attracting or affording. Please tell me who you'd like to see us realistically sign.

You said its not as if he had been injured. He had 94 minutes of football due to injury issues...

Im not the manager so it doesnt matter who id be looking at also i dont have a paid team of scouts to assist me either..

Would i personally look at a 34 year old who has had knee problems and look to fit him into a team who i want to press high... no i wouldnt.

Waka waka eh eh

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:34 - Aug 29 with 909 viewsBueller

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:30 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

You said its not as if he had been injured. He had 94 minutes of football due to injury issues...

Im not the manager so it doesnt matter who id be looking at also i dont have a paid team of scouts to assist me either..

Would i personally look at a 34 year old who has had knee problems and look to fit him into a team who i want to press high... no i wouldnt.

If you are 'not the manager' and cannot merely suggest a player you would like to see come to the club, why are you worrying and commenting on Walters?
Walters — I like that a lot on 17:34 - Aug 29 with 912 viewsSomethingBlue

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:30 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

Would I be keen on him as an experienced, quality Plan B from the bench who has worked for years at the highest level and can assist our less experienced players both on and off the pitch? Yes.

If you think he's going to be asked to start every game and chase around like Harrison then you're misunderstanding.

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:35 - Aug 29 with 904 viewsFrimleyBlue

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:34 - Aug 29 by SomethingBlue

Would I be keen on him as an experienced, quality Plan B from the bench who has worked for years at the highest level and can assist our less experienced players both on and off the pitch? Yes.

If you think he's going to be asked to start every game and chase around like Harrison then you're misunderstanding.

I keep seeing this off the bench talk

You think hes going to come here to sit on the bench?

Waka waka eh eh

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:47 - Aug 29 with 883 viewsSpruceMoose

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:35 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

He's a professional. He'll sit wherever Hurst asks him to sit.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Login to get fewer ads

Walters — I like that a lot on 18:02 - Aug 29 with 861 viewsSomethingBlue

Walters — I like that a lot on 17:35 - Aug 29 by FrimleyBlue

I suspect he has a good appreciation of where his career currently is. You do appear to have a very binary way of understanding individuals. Anyway we will see - and let's hope he rips it up and earns himself a few starts ...

Walters — I like that a lot on 18:07 - Aug 29 with 850 viewstextbackup

Can we many of our new lads buzzing that they’ll play alongside someone who has been a prem starter for 10/12 years.
He’ll really help some of them, hopefully he’ll put a few on a plate for Harrison!

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024