Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? 13:48 - Aug 29 with 4989 viewsITFC_Forever

He played handful of games for us before being bombed out (rightly or wrongly).

Booing him above any other budgie is pointless, he's got minimal history with us.

P 1124, W 500, D 288, L 336, F 1707, A 1359
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 4965 viewsBlueBadger

If you think about it, that 'minimal history' thing makes him an ideal fit for Norwich..
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 13:57]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 4968 viewsJakeITFC

He's behaved like a tosser against us since, as well saying some stupid shiit in the media since joining them.

I don't really boo anybody but he's definitely due some.
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 with 4966 viewsHarryWright

He grew up in this bloody town, he came through our academy. I'll boo him more than others and if that makes me a numbskull then I'll take that title proudly.
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:51 - Aug 29 with 4943 viewsBlueBadger

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 by JakeITFC

He's behaved like a tosser against us since, as well saying some stupid shiit in the media since joining them.

I don't really boo anybody but he's definitely due some.

Genuinely curious, but what's he said exactly, beyond bland footballer's cliches?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:52 - Aug 29 with 4930 viewsitfcjoe

He's always gone over the top when scoring against us as clearly feels aggrieved (rightly so?), and now he's signed for them lot he'll get booed deservedly

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:52 - Aug 29 with 4922 viewsITFC_Forever

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

He grew up in this bloody town, he came through our academy. I'll boo him more than others and if that makes me a numbskull then I'll take that title proudly.

He didn't grow up in Ipswich, he only lived here as a teenager.

And it wasn't Jordan's fault he left.

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:54 - Aug 29 with 4891 viewsTraktahBoi

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:50 - Aug 29 by HarryWright

I see it as a good omen. Last Ex Town player to play for Norwich was Alan Lee I believe, and looked how that game turned out :)

If he plays for them lot he gets booed, surely you know how it works?
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 13:56]
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:55 - Aug 29 with 4880 viewsITFC_Forever

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:52 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

He's always gone over the top when scoring against us as clearly feels aggrieved (rightly so?), and now he's signed for them lot he'll get booed deservedly

Not sure he has been OTT when celebrating a goal, I'm struggling to remember any.

All I can remember is him celebrating a goal like players do.... and if he's aggrieved, it's Keane's fault.

Login to get fewer ads

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:57 - Aug 29 with 4852 viewsHarryWright

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:52 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

I guess it depends how you define growing up, I always look at high school (teenage years) as when a person does their 'growing up'. I never said it was his fault he left but he's playing for the Norwich scum, I hope he gets so much abuse he runs off the pitch into dressing room and cries like a little baby.
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 14:22 - Aug 29 with 4757 viewsJ2BLUE

Another preemptive shot about something that might happen. Too much time on your hands mate.

Who cares if he's booed?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 14:27 - Aug 29 with 4737 viewsTractorCam

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:55 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

Not sure he has been OTT when celebrating a goal, I'm struggling to remember any.

All I can remember is him celebrating a goal like players do.... and if he's aggrieved, it's Keane's fault.

When we played Blackburn at home on a night game he was happily wheeling away infront of the sir bobby stand after putting them 1-0 up, giving it the big un. They then lost 3-1 and he tried to come over and applaud at full time

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 14:31 - Aug 29 with 4723 viewsDarkHorse

I've no problem with kids having a pantomime villain to boo, and I'm sure Rhodes doesn't care. Grown men that actually purse their lips and go "BOOOOOOOOO" when they're upset at something/someone on a football pitch, however, are utterly tragic individuals.
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:02 - Aug 29 with 4640 viewsFtnfwest

I think a resounding chorus of 'He's one of our own....' is called for!
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:06 - Aug 29 with 4625 viewsitfcjoe

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 14:31 - Aug 29 by DarkHorse

I've no problem with kids having a pantomime villain to boo, and I'm sure Rhodes doesn't care. Grown men that actually purse their lips and go "BOOOOOOOOO" when they're upset at something/someone on a football pitch, however, are utterly tragic individuals.

It's all part of the fun and creates the atmosphere.

Or is it better to sit in silence?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:07 - Aug 29 with 4623 viewsSitfcB

Booo them all.

He will take great delight in scoring and celebrating I’m sure.

Deserves any abuse he gets.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 15:10]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:16 - Aug 29 with 4596 viewsFrimleyBlue

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:02 - Aug 29 by Ftnfwest

I think a resounding chorus of 'He's one of our own....' is called for!

Was one of our own
Was one of our oooowwwnn
Keane though thought different
was one of our own

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:19 - Aug 29 with 4586 viewsLeagueOne

I think there is a rather worrying trend happening where we are popping at fellow supporters for very trivial things at the moment. Rhodes played for Ipswich, was thought of very highly here and he signed for Norwich.

I don't legitimately hate the lad for making the move (it was a good move for him) but he's going to get some stick for it and it's part of the game. If we signed Jerome and were playing at the Carrot farm you would expect the bitterness there to be even worse.

I have never seen a support so divided that one half of it is having a go at the other because they are booing an ex Ipswich player now at Norwich. Think about that.I know it's been nearly 20 years since we did anything, but come on folks. Are we really losing it that much? We read a lot about "bed wetters" and getting a grip but what do you honestly expect? Because if Rhodes being booed is a problem for you, you might want to follow another sport...

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:24 - Aug 29 with 4562 viewsDarkHorse

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:06 - Aug 29 by itfcjoe

It's all part of the fun and creates the atmosphere.

Or is it better to sit in silence?

Nothing wrong with a bit of tongue-in-cheek booing, I'm more referring to the angry booers. Juvenile behaviour. Plenty of other ways to express yourself.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2018 15:26]
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:25 - Aug 29 with 4557 viewsWeirdFishes

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 13:52 - Aug 29 by ITFC_Forever

Regardless of how long he grew up here, he said this after the Blackburn game in 2013:

Speaking back in December 2013, having celebrated after scoring for Blackburn on his first return to Ipswich, Rhodes said: “I’m still an Ipswich fan, I’m one of them. Never for one moment did I ever want to leave Ipswich Town.”

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 17:27 - Aug 29 with 4465 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Shame he didn’t have the same principles as Jerome!
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 17:37 - Aug 29 with 4439 viewstextbackup

I hope someone chucks a brick at him

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 17:59 - Aug 29 with 4401 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

He’s a budgie!! Whether he played for us or not he can have a “BOO” from me. The fact he constantly acts like a c**k against us topped up by stupid quotes in the media just adds to the stick.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 18:11 - Aug 29 with 4380 viewspointofblue

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 15:25 - Aug 29 by WeirdFishes

Regardless of how long he grew up here, he said this after the Blackburn game in 2013:

Speaking back in December 2013, having celebrated after scoring for Blackburn on his first return to Ipswich, Rhodes said: “I’m still an Ipswich fan, I’m one of them. Never for one moment did I ever want to leave Ipswich Town.”

And yet still happy to get paid by them lot; he could have turned them down like Jerome did to us (and fair play to him for doing so).

Rhodes is no more an Ipswich fan than Chris Sutton.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 18:20 - Aug 29 with 4347 viewsbrogansnose

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 14:27 - Aug 29 by TractorCam

When we played Blackburn at home on a night game he was happily wheeling away infront of the sir bobby stand after putting them 1-0 up, giving it the big un. They then lost 3-1 and he tried to come over and applaud at full time

...............and this is what happened after giving it large after scoring. Boo him ? That night there were bloody idiots applauding the schmuck straight after the goal. Incredible.

If he had any issues with the club or Keane then he should have addressed it to them not the fans who didn't want him to go.

He's nothing to me.
What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 18:26 - Aug 29 with 4326 viewsWeirdFishes

What's the betting the numbskulls specifically boo Rhodes? on 18:11 - Aug 29 by pointofblue

And yet still happy to get paid by them lot; he could have turned them down like Jerome did to us (and fair play to him for doing so).

Rhodes is no more an Ipswich fan than Chris Sutton.

This is what I’m getting at, can’t stand him.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024