Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action 17:55 - Sep 9 with 12356 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thoughts?

For anyone who doesn't know, it's about getting fans together to sing (much like section 6 tried).

Anything that improves the atmosphere is a great idea... however, they're looking to have lower North area 5 as a free-for-all-sit-where-you-like section (and are speaking to the club about it). Is this workable? That's where I sit and have been for 20 odd years...however, I'm in favour even if it means I can't guarantee my normal seat.

I'm sure there are others who've sat in the same seat for decades who won't be too chuffed with having to move though.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:10 - Sep 9 with 6342 viewsReuser_is_God

Sounds good, like what this lad is saying.

Think the unreserved area in S5 is a must for it to work, maybe a small section to start with then increase it as the group grows would be my guess.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 18:11]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:28 - Sep 9 with 6292 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:10 - Sep 9 by Reuser_is_God

Sounds good, like what this lad is saying.

Think the unreserved area in S5 is a must for it to work, maybe a small section to start with then increase it as the group grows would be my guess.
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 18:11]

Yeah agree with all that having just seen the video myself on facebook, but do you agree with people who've sat in the same seat for decades now losing that seat?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:43 - Sep 9 with 6249 viewsReuser_is_God

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:28 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

Yeah agree with all that having just seen the video myself on facebook, but do you agree with people who've sat in the same seat for decades now losing that seat?

Yeah I do.

Maybe the unreserved searing idea is best implicated ready for next season? The last thing Blue Action would want to do is p1ss fans off.

Saying that you’d like to think those effected would be the sort that would welcome it & just join them like yourself?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 19:26]

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:45 - Sep 9 with 6243 viewstextbackup

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:43 - Sep 9 by Reuser_is_God

Yeah I do.

Maybe the unreserved searing idea is best implicated ready for next season? The last thing Blue Action would want to do is p1ss fans off.

Saying that you’d like to think those effected would be the sort that would welcome it & just join them like yourself?
[Post edited 9 Sep 2018 19:26]

You’d like like to think they would, however, this is Ipswich fans we are talking about.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:18 - Sep 9 with 6178 viewsBlue_Order

The section we’re trying to get for now doesn’t have any ST holders in it. It’s only 30 or so seats right at the front, so no ST holders will be affected (except for the flags and banners), and as we’re only meeting the club on Thursday, with the ‘launch game’ the following Saturday, nothing like that will happen at such short notice anyway.

If it goes well and gets a positive reaction from other fans, we’d obviously hope to increase it in the future, but as R_I_G says, we don’t wanna piÅ›s anyone off. It would never get off the ground if we started doing that.

Hopefully, anyone that’s around that section will welcome it and want to get involved, not necessarily by fully joining the group, but being willing to sing more and help with flags and banners, displays in the future etc. It is the North Stand after all - my personal feeling is that everyone that stands in there should be wanting to sing, chant and back the team for the whole 90 minutes.
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:30 - Sep 9 with 6152 viewsSlambo

Thanks for bringing this up mate (that was me in the vid by the way...)

We'd NEVER dream of forcing long standing fans out of their seats, and as my esteemed colleague Blue_Order pointed out the area we've got our beady little eyes on has no ST holders in it anyway. I suppose, over time - and should this group really take off - we'd steadily start to 'occupy' that area anyway, as people who perhaps aren't enamoured with the idea of jumping about and chanting for 90 minutes leave the area, to have their spots taken up by those who do; or indeed those already in the area simply get caught up in it and are kind of automatically assimilated into the group! Either way, we'd be utterly transparent and try to appease all fans...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:34 - Sep 9 with 6138 viewsGE7

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:18 - Sep 9 by Blue_Order

The section we’re trying to get for now doesn’t have any ST holders in it. It’s only 30 or so seats right at the front, so no ST holders will be affected (except for the flags and banners), and as we’re only meeting the club on Thursday, with the ‘launch game’ the following Saturday, nothing like that will happen at such short notice anyway.

If it goes well and gets a positive reaction from other fans, we’d obviously hope to increase it in the future, but as R_I_G says, we don’t wanna piÅ›s anyone off. It would never get off the ground if we started doing that.

Hopefully, anyone that’s around that section will welcome it and want to get involved, not necessarily by fully joining the group, but being willing to sing more and help with flags and banners, displays in the future etc. It is the North Stand after all - my personal feeling is that everyone that stands in there should be wanting to sing, chant and back the team for the whole 90 minutes.

What do you mean about flags and banners mate...obstructing the view of the footy?
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:35 - Sep 9 with 6134 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:18 - Sep 9 by Blue_Order

Good stuff. Well if it doesn't have ST holders in it then it's perfect. Sounds like I'll be just behind you and I'll always join in with songs/passing over banners etc.

I agree that the problem with Section 6 is not being central enough so hopefully this will take off.

Login to get fewer ads

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:37 - Sep 9 with 6125 viewsSlambo

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:34 - Sep 9 by GE7

What do you mean about flags and banners mate...obstructing the view of the footy?

There'll be a fair number of flags that we'll wave before the game kicks off. Your view may be obscured for the coin toss, but don't worry, they'll be furled and put down while the game actually goes on...

UPPA TOWEN!

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:38 - Sep 9 with 6118 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 18:45 - Sep 9 by textbackup

You’d like like to think they would, however, this is Ipswich fans we are talking about.

Give it a rest texters. This is Town fans trying to improve the atmosphere. You should be happy instead of sniping at other fellow Town fans.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:45 - Sep 9 with 6099 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:37 - Sep 9 by Slambo

There'll be a fair number of flags that we'll wave before the game kicks off. Your view may be obscured for the coin toss, but don't worry, they'll be furled and put down while the game actually goes on...

If you can get Story Of The Blues going (maybe even with song sheets at first!) I think that could be awesome. I'm not bothered that, as someone said last week, it was written by a Liverpool supporter - it fits perfectly for ITFC and no other club sings it as far as I'm aware. Much better than Sweet Caroline anyway.

Just the chorus (we don't want to give people TOO much to get their heads around!);

First, they take your pride
Turn it all inside
And then you realise
You've got nothing left to lose.

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise
You're telling the Story of the Blues.

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 20:26 - Sep 9 with 6042 viewsSlambo

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:45 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

If you can get Story Of The Blues going (maybe even with song sheets at first!) I think that could be awesome. I'm not bothered that, as someone said last week, it was written by a Liverpool supporter - it fits perfectly for ITFC and no other club sings it as far as I'm aware. Much better than Sweet Caroline anyway.

Just the chorus (we don't want to give people TOO much to get their heads around!);

First, they take your pride
Turn it all inside
And then you realise
You've got nothing left to lose.

So, you try to stop
Try to get back up
And then, you realise
You're telling the Story of the Blues.

I'd LOVE to get that song going! Long term we envisage eventually having a hardcore of 40-50 members of the group who are there every week; then on the group page we can have like a chants section where we post chants and say 'learn that by the next game'. Good way of learning and practicing new chants without the embarrassment of song sheets..!

UPPA TOWEN!

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 22:23 - Sep 9 with 5894 viewsBrixtonBlue

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 20:26 - Sep 9 by Slambo

I'd LOVE to get that song going! Long term we envisage eventually having a hardcore of 40-50 members of the group who are there every week; then on the group page we can have like a chants section where we post chants and say 'learn that by the next game'. Good way of learning and practicing new chants without the embarrassment of song sheets..!

Indeed, excellent idea!

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 22:42 - Sep 9 with 5866 viewstextbackup

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:38 - Sep 9 by BrixtonBlue

Give it a rest texters. This is Town fans trying to improve the atmosphere. You should be happy instead of sniping at other fellow Town fans.

Which of course I’m all for, however, 8 pages for 1 single flag (including yourself having a panic attack) says to me that as much as I want this to work Town fans are simply too drippy to help make it work

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 22:54 - Sep 9 with 5844 viewsSpruceMoose

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 22:42 - Sep 9 by textbackup

Which of course I’m all for, however, 8 pages for 1 single flag (including yourself having a panic attack) says to me that as much as I want this to work Town fans are simply too drippy to help make it work

I wouldn't base what you think of the wider support on what you read on here.

I think there are plenty of 'characters' on here who, I hope, aren't representations of our wider fan base.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 04:47 - Sep 10 with 5755 viewsBenters2

Texty I’ve seen on a number of occasions when it’s a sit where you like stand at away games,people arguing over seat numbers and asking people to move even if there are empty seats close to the number on their ticket!
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 04:55 - Sep 10 with 5749 viewsBenters2

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 22:54 - Sep 9 by SpruceMoose

I wouldn't base what you think of the wider support on what you read on here.

I think there are plenty of 'characters' on here who, I hope, aren't representations of our wider fan base.

Still snipping I see,I wouldn’t worry about it too much.
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 06:58 - Sep 10 with 5704 viewsBlueJudge

As a section 5 season ticket holder for 20+ years, I believe you will be well received. The section does sing, shout, make noise and the atmosphere has improved dramatically this season, compared to the last few. Couple of suggestions - don’t bring a drum and gradually introduce the ‘flags’. Section 5 does not need a drum, it just needs a song starter! There will be some dissenters, as it is ‘change’. Don’t expect them to move as they have a right to a ‘view’ of the football they paid to see and for many that includes walk-out, coin toss etc. They may just get angry! Whatever happens, good luck.
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 07:05 - Sep 10 with 5679 viewsBenters2

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 06:58 - Sep 10 by BlueJudge

As a section 5 season ticket holder for 20+ years, I believe you will be well received. The section does sing, shout, make noise and the atmosphere has improved dramatically this season, compared to the last few. Couple of suggestions - don’t bring a drum and gradually introduce the ‘flags’. Section 5 does not need a drum, it just needs a song starter! There will be some dissenters, as it is ‘change’. Don’t expect them to move as they have a right to a ‘view’ of the football they paid to see and for many that includes walk-out, coin toss etc. They may just get angry! Whatever happens, good luck.

Also slow the songs/chants down a bit,us old'uns need to take in as much air as we can.
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 07:34 - Sep 10 with 5639 viewstrncbluearmy

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 06:58 - Sep 10 by BlueJudge

Cannot believe for one minute anyone in that section will moan about the flags.
The problem with the flag draped from the upper North was no one who's sight was impaired know how long it was going to be there and who had put it there as it was hanging from above. It's not rocket science just needed a bit of common sense applied.

Section 5 is exactly the right place to get this going,there are loads of old school in there more then willing to party but will need a rest at half time.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 7:35]
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 07:49 - Sep 10 with 5603 viewsBenters2

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 07:34 - Sep 10 by trncbluearmy

Cannot believe for one minute anyone in that section will moan about the flags.
The problem with the flag draped from the upper North was no one who's sight was impaired know how long it was going to be there and who had put it there as it was hanging from above. It's not rocket science just needed a bit of common sense applied.

Section 5 is exactly the right place to get this going,there are loads of old school in there more then willing to party but will need a rest at half time.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2018 7:35]

Need a rest at half time lol.

*Pictures me and the fossils having a kip*
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:03 - Sep 10 with 5534 viewsitfcjoe

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 19:30 - Sep 9 by Slambo

Thanks for bringing this up mate (that was me in the vid by the way...)

We'd NEVER dream of forcing long standing fans out of their seats, and as my esteemed colleague Blue_Order pointed out the area we've got our beady little eyes on has no ST holders in it anyway. I suppose, over time - and should this group really take off - we'd steadily start to 'occupy' that area anyway, as people who perhaps aren't enamoured with the idea of jumping about and chanting for 90 minutes leave the area, to have their spots taken up by those who do; or indeed those already in the area simply get caught up in it and are kind of automatically assimilated into the group! Either way, we'd be utterly transparent and try to appease all fans...

Have you guys thought about the area at the other end of Cobbold Stand as to where away fans sit? Is it Block A?

I always think that area would lend itself really well to this fan culture.

The acoustics are much better there, and the darkness around it, and more importantly the rough would make the visuals look so much better than the NS from the rest of the ground.

No STs there either. I know NS is the spiritual home of the noise at town, but when I had ideas to try and start something like this a decade ago (which never got off the ground) that area always struck me as perfect to do so

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:27 - Sep 10 with 5476 viewsSomethingBlue

It's a great idea and I hope people get behind it. Also I know Max and can't think of anyone better to lead something like this.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 10:46 - Sep 10 with 5402 viewsGE7

Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 09:03 - Sep 10 by itfcjoe

Have you guys thought about the area at the other end of Cobbold Stand as to where away fans sit? Is it Block A?

I always think that area would lend itself really well to this fan culture.

The acoustics are much better there, and the darkness around it, and more importantly the rough would make the visuals look so much better than the NS from the rest of the ground.

No STs there either. I know NS is the spiritual home of the noise at town, but when I had ideas to try and start something like this a decade ago (which never got off the ground) that area always struck me as perfect to do so

Yeah I agree. It would be better to choose a block like A/B of the Cobbold with plenty of available seats. That way anyone who wants to get involved can just pick a seat to move to and there’s room for expansion. Even if the reserved seating idea isn’t introduced until next season, there’d still be opposition to it. Plus it becomes difficult to spot where the available seats are if you arrive late and you could end up with more people than seats in a row when people try and get in together so the club might not go for it. Plenty of seats in the middle to back of upper North and south upper too although appreciate it’s moving away from the aim of unifying the lower north.
Haven't seen much discussion of Blue Action on 11:10 - Sep 10 with 5376 viewsBrixtonBlue

I didn't have a panic attack but as someone who used to suffer from that disorder I'll thank you not to make jokes about it.

What I was actually doing was being respectful of others. You should try it some time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024