Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? 13:54 - Sep 12 with 5143 viewsFrimleyBlue

Yes or no?

For me, Wasn't quite sharp enough against Nodge, the time since may have helped. What would your alternative be. Mine would be Edun out wide.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 13:55]

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:57 - Sep 12 with 5129 viewsJ2BLUE

He's probably the loanee I would leave out. I hope Donacien isn't the long term sacrifice as he's going to become permanent and it wouldn't make much sense.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:58 - Sep 12 with 5127 viewsclive_baker

There's no quite sharp enough about it, he was absolutely pony against Norwich. Clearly lacking in sharpness to be fair as 1 thing I would expect to see from him is pace and he looked among one of the most sluggish on the pitch. It'll come, but he certainly wasn't ready last week. I like Edun, although I would go Edwards left and Walters right, coming inside to form a 2 up front with Jackson.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:59 - Sep 12 with 5121 viewsFrimleyBlue

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:57 - Sep 12 by J2BLUE

He's probably the loanee I would leave out. I hope Donacien isn't the long term sacrifice as he's going to become permanent and it wouldn't make much sense.

I agree, got to play our perm players. When possible

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:04 - Sep 12 with 5103 viewsNazemariner

No way siree!

Looked way off the pace. His corners were half decent though.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2018 14:04]
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:05 - Sep 12 with 5102 viewshype313

Speaking to a friend who works at the club, Graham is a big punt, they are hoping he can rekindle his previous form from a few years back, from what we saw against Norwich, he is a million miles away, understandable given the lack of game time, but really can't see him starting the forthcoming games.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:34 - Sep 12 with 5033 viewsHennikerBlu

No thoughts on Ward? Doesn't seem to feature in anyone's line up. I thought he looked decent against Derby and has experience at this level and an eye for goal.
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:57 - Sep 12 with 4990 viewstractorboy2000

Hoping to see Rowe involved in some capacity on Saturday, been playing well for the U23's and deserves a spot on the bench at least

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 15:23 - Sep 12 with 4933 viewsMaySixth

Baffling signing

Hope he doesn't poison the dressing room

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Login to get fewer ads

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 15:51 - Sep 12 with 4900 viewsCurrie10

Hopefully no.

Genuinely prefer Alan Quinn out there.
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:32 - Sep 12 with 4857 viewsGarv

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 15:51 - Sep 12 by Currie10

Hopefully no.

Genuinely prefer Alan Quinn out there.

Would have been useful a couple of Sundays ago...

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:36 - Sep 12 with 4849 viewsBryanPlug

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:05 - Sep 12 by hype313

Speaking to a friend who works at the club, Graham is a big punt, they are hoping he can rekindle his previous form from a few years back, from what we saw against Norwich, he is a million miles away, understandable given the lack of game time, but really can't see him starting the forthcoming games.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:58 - Sep 12 with 4819 viewsCurrie10

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:32 - Sep 12 by Garv

Would have been useful a couple of Sundays ago...

I actually quite liked Quinny!

Deserved to play more games at CM for us.
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 18:14 - Sep 12 with 4749 viewsOsborneOneNil

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 14:34 - Sep 12 by HennikerBlu

No thoughts on Ward? Doesn't seem to feature in anyone's line up. I thought he looked decent against Derby and has experience at this level and an eye for goal.

You liked Ward at Derby? Blimey. I thought he was poor.

Danny Rowe or Roberts for me.
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 08:07 - Sep 13 with 4616 viewsGarv

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:58 - Sep 12 by Currie10

I actually quite liked Quinny!

Deserved to play more games at CM for us.

Tidy player

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 08:08 - Sep 13 with 4612 viewsReuser_is_God

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 15:23 - Sep 12 by MaySixth

Baffling signing

Hope he doesn't poison the dressing room

On what basis is he going to poison the dressing room? Why is he more likely to do this than any other player we have?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 08:10 - Sep 13 with 4610 viewsSuperfrans

Based on the Norwich game, no. But who knows what they’ve been doing in training.

Based on what I’ve seen, I’d start Jackson and Walters. That looks like it could be a decent partnership.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 09:42 - Sep 13 with 4554 viewsBLUEBEAT

Got to be Danny Rowe’s time, surely?

He’s been a stand-out player in U23 side since his return from injury.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 9:42]

Poll: W or W

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:12 - Sep 13 with 4490 viewsHennikerBlu

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 18:14 - Sep 12 by OsborneOneNil

You liked Ward at Derby? Blimey. I thought he was poor.

Danny Rowe or Roberts for me.

In the view I had being at the game he certainly was one of our more attacking players and was brought down a couple of times winning freekicks in some of our very few attacks.

I guess whatever anyone's view is of him, he certainly has played no worse than any of our recent signings and does not deserve to be marginalised as it seems he is. If you went to the game fair enough, but if you did not, you do get a different perspective from seeing the whole of the pitch and the players movement as opposed to through the TV which concentrates on where the ball is.

Certainly a player that has come through the Spurs academy deserves consideration and perhaps a run of games to gain some consistency. We seem happy to run with League 1 players, of which, I am not sure many have come through a Prem academy for 5 years (?), I do think Spurs would not have wasted their time if they thought he did not have 'some' potential.
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:16 - Sep 13 with 4480 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Hard to judge, depends what Hurst says about his fitness during the press conference. I must say two days after the Norwich game he did post saying, a big two weeks to work hard on fitness. So fair play to him for recognising what he has to do.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:28 - Sep 13 with 4464 viewsJimmyJazz

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:12 - Sep 13 by HennikerBlu

In the view I had being at the game he certainly was one of our more attacking players and was brought down a couple of times winning freekicks in some of our very few attacks.

I guess whatever anyone's view is of him, he certainly has played no worse than any of our recent signings and does not deserve to be marginalised as it seems he is. If you went to the game fair enough, but if you did not, you do get a different perspective from seeing the whole of the pitch and the players movement as opposed to through the TV which concentrates on where the ball is.

Certainly a player that has come through the Spurs academy deserves consideration and perhaps a run of games to gain some consistency. We seem happy to run with League 1 players, of which, I am not sure many have come through a Prem academy for 5 years (?), I do think Spurs would not have wasted their time if they thought he did not have 'some' potential.

Lee Martin came through the Man Utd academy, it's not necessarily a mark of a player's quality

Think some of those guys may eventually sign permanently for a club lower down the ladder and feel they are better than everyone else there, because of the academy they attracted years ago when they were a bright hope.

I imagine there are more failures than success stories in regards to someone being signed from a top 6 academy.

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:59 - Sep 13 with 4431 viewsHennikerBlu

Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 13:28 - Sep 13 by JimmyJazz

Lee Martin came through the Man Utd academy, it's not necessarily a mark of a player's quality

Think some of those guys may eventually sign permanently for a club lower down the ladder and feel they are better than everyone else there, because of the academy they attracted years ago when they were a bright hope.

I imagine there are more failures than success stories in regards to someone being signed from a top 6 academy.

I agree fair point, my overriding pint is not whether he is one of the successes or failures of the any academy system, but whether he deserves to be considered due to his experience at this level and that he has done no worse or better than the League 1 signings in attack; with the exception of Edwards.

It seems we are constantly hoping one the new signings will crack it for us and I hope they will, but why introduce them, when in the case of Graham who is not fully fit for example, when we do have the likes of Ward.

Pint= I thought I would leave it in:)
[Post edited 13 Sep 2018 14:32]
Genuine Question - Does Graham start on Sat? on 16:40 - Sep 13 with 4366 viewsCurrie10

1 - Edun.
2 - Rowe should be in the 18.
3 - Ward
4 - Roberts
5 - Sears

If none of them do anything, and Graham gets a month of fitness/ under 23s - sure - give him another go then. Right now, and especially with the loanee situation, he should not be in the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024