Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Please help- tomorrow game 13:22 - Sep 21 with 6581 viewsIpswich3710

On Thursday my farther lost his long battle with sarcoidosis, a debilitating lung condition that restricts your breathing.

Despite this he always found a way to follow the town up or down, traveling to home and away games regardless of the distance.

I want to honour him with a minutes applause on the 54th minute of tomorrow's game, I've posted to Twitter but it doesn't seem to be getting enough attention for people to know about it.

please retweet my post on Twitter Ipswich1994

if you have an suggestions feel free to comment

otherwise please speed the word as much as you can
Please help- tomorrow game on 13:25 - Sep 21 with 6250 viewsSpruceMoose

Just wanted to say sorry for your loss, and good luck with your aim to have his life honoured at the game.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:28 - Sep 21 with 6235 viewsKeno

sorry to hear your news

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:31 - Sep 21 with 6218 viewsfactual_blue

My condolences.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:33 - Sep 21 with 6211 viewsGuthrum

Sorry to hear that. Might be worth contacting the club.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:33 - Sep 21 with 6215 viewsDeano69

Worth contacting the club to see if there's time to make an announcement or put something on the scoreboard, before the game or at half time.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 13:34]

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:47 - Sep 21 with 6178 viewsurbanblue

When my Dad, an Ipswich fanatic, died many years ago, we were going to ask if his ashes could be scattered on the Portman Road pitch. We never actually asked in the end, can't remember why, but that could be a nice tribute.

My condolences on your loss.
Please help- tomorrow game on 15:20 - Sep 21 with 6088 viewsIpswich3710

Please help- tomorrow game on 13:33 - Sep 21 by Deano69

Worth contacting the club to see if there's time to make an announcement or put something on the scoreboard, before the game or at half time.

Sorry to hear of your loss.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 13:34]

hi there, we have contacted the club who got itfc the venue to retweet to increase the people seeing it.

he is being mentioned in the program vs middlesbourough and we have asked them to announce it either before the game or on the score boards
Please help- tomorrow game on 16:15 - Sep 21 with 6043 viewsDebsyAngel

Please help- tomorrow game on 15:20 - Sep 21 by Ipswich3710

hi there, we have contacted the club who got itfc the venue to retweet to increase the people seeing it.

he is being mentioned in the program vs middlesbourough and we have asked them to announce it either before the game or on the score boards

Glad that the club are doing this. Very sorry for your loss and RIP to your Dad xx
Login to get fewer ads

Please help- tomorrow game on 17:08 - Sep 21 with 5990 viewsBlueastheycome

My cousin was Chris Reynolds who was honoured with an applause in the 21st minute in which Murphy poked home a goal right at the end of the minute against Forest.

Seeing that goal go in right in front of his family who were in the lower churchmans will live with us forever.

Sorry for your loss and I hope it gets sorted so your dad can hopefully bring us abit of luck like Chrissie did.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 17:09]
Please help- tomorrow game on 17:10 - Sep 21 with 5980 viewsDeano69

Please help- tomorrow game on 17:08 - Sep 21 by Blueastheycome

My cousin was Chris Reynolds who was honoured with an applause in the 21st minute in which Murphy poked home a goal right at the end of the minute against Forest.

Seeing that goal go in right in front of his family who were in the lower churchmans will live with us forever.

Sorry for your loss and I hope it gets sorted so your dad can hopefully bring us abit of luck like Chrissie did.

A few moist eyes when Murphy banged that in!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Please help- tomorrow game on 17:56 - Sep 21 with 5908 viewsIpswich3710

Please help- tomorrow game on 17:08 - Sep 21 by Blueastheycome

would be amazing if this could happen again tomorrow !

dad told me a few hours before he passed that we would win 2-1 here's hoping he was right

thank you for your kind words
Please help- tomorrow game on 18:01 - Sep 21 with 5891 viewsstrikalite

Please help- tomorrow game on 17:56 - Sep 21 by Ipswich3710

would be amazing if this could happen again tomorrow !

dad told me a few hours before he passed that we would win 2-1 here's hoping he was right

thank you for your kind words

Thought about having a memorial brick on the SBR stand?
Please help- tomorrow game on 19:25 - Sep 21 with 5824 viewsIpswich3710

Please help- tomorrow game on 18:01 - Sep 21 by strikalite

Thought about having a memorial brick on the SBR stand?

Yes, we will be looking at this tomorrow.

Will be lovely to be able to go and see him before football when we play at home.
Please help- tomorrow game on 19:54 - Sep 21 with 5782 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Firstly my deepest sympathy. Do you have a link to the tweet that people can retweet? Is 54 his age or year of birth?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:03 - Sep 21 with 5771 viewsbritbiker

I wish you the very best. My mother died this week also so I have to meet the priest tomorrow morning but will still get to the game. I will be thinking of her and you at the designated time.

My mum always kept an eye out for our scores. Whilst cleaning out her wardrobe I found a teddy wearing my first Ipswich shirt (addidas circa 1978). Funny what parents keep. Its a bit worn out but I'm going to frame it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 20:42]
Please help- tomorrow game on 20:21 - Sep 21 with 5744 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:25 - Sep 21 with 5735 viewsjeera

Sorry to hear about your dad.

Has anyone mentioned your idea on the Town FB page? All helps etc.

I don't use it but I know one exists!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:25 - Sep 21 with 5729 viewsjeera

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:03 - Sep 21 by britbiker

I wish you the very best. My mother died this week also so I have to meet the priest tomorrow morning but will still get to the game. I will be thinking of her and you at the designated time.

My mum always kept an eye out for our scores. Whilst cleaning out her wardrobe I found a teddy wearing my first Ipswich shirt (addidas circa 1978). Funny what parents keep. Its a bit worn out but I'm going to frame it.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2018 20:42]

So sorry mate.

x

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:48 - Sep 21 with 5688 viewsbritbiker

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:25 - Sep 21 by jeera

So sorry mate.

x

Thanks Jerra. I didn't meen to piggyback off of the original post but it just reminded me how football is so trivial in the greater details of life but is also so interlinked and important also.
Please help- tomorrow game on 20:49 - Sep 21 with 5682 viewsjeera

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:48 - Sep 21 by britbiker

Thanks Jerra. I didn't meen to piggyback off of the original post but it just reminded me how football is so trivial in the greater details of life but is also so interlinked and important also.

And I'm sure the chap wouldn't see it like that either and would thoroughly agree with you.

Please help- tomorrow game on 21:29 - Sep 21 with 5621 viewsJ2BLUE

Sorry to you and Britbaker for your losses.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Please help- tomorrow game on 21:41 - Sep 21 with 5600 viewsCuffy81

So sorry for your loss.

Itfc Facebook page is a good shout, I'll spread word amongst those who I go with
Please help- tomorrow game on 20:34 - Sep 22 with 5388 viewsIpswich3710

Please help- tomorrow game on 21:41 - Sep 21 by Cuffy81

So sorry for your loss.

Itfc Facebook page is a good shout, I'll spread word amongst those who I go with

Hi guys, thanks for all your messages and effort helping to share this.

Unfortunately this never happened despite asking and sharing on various social media’s and trying to start it off in the ground.

Thanks for you effort, just disappointed we couldn’t honour him as he deserved
Please help- tomorrow game on 20:36 - Sep 22 with 5375 viewsSpruceMoose

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:34 - Sep 22 by Ipswich3710

Unfortunately this never happened despite asking and sharing on various social media’s and trying to start it off in the ground.

Sorry to hear that. Don't give up though, I'm sure there are still many ways you will be able to honour him in a way which would have made him smile.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Please help- tomorrow game on 21:06 - Sep 22 with 5331 viewsjeera

Please help- tomorrow game on 20:34 - Sep 22 by Ipswich3710

Hey, you know what, they'll be some who did.

And there will be loads of others who read about him that said a quiet word to themselves, even if they didn't make it public mate.

We all listened didn't we. You have done right by your dad mate and as you have already said, (I think?), wasn't there mention of the possibility of a brick at the ground or similar?

That would be good.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024