Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo 13:22 - Oct 5 with 8744 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Evans has no money and uses ITFC as a tax haven.

If Hurst fails, the only viable option?

Discuss

Poll: Final points total?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:39 - Oct 5 with 1445 viewsghostofescobar

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:29 - Oct 5 by factual_blue

Isn't the Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo a jazz trio?

Damn, That's me the fool. Yes, they played that 7 hour set at Ronnie Scott's in 1983 didn't they? Is that the one when Howlin' Mad Bison Smith played the mouth organ with his backside? Nice.

GhostOfEscobar

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:48 - Oct 5 with 1442 viewsdirtyboy

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:32 - Oct 5 by TractorBoyOlly

Fantastic, helped me realise that this site is full of dicks, including yourself.

If you're going to pipe up on a public forum and sound off about stuff you clearly don't have a clue about but remark as if you do, don't expect not to be subjected to a small amount of stick.

It's like me going on the Mary Berry Bakery forum and tell all those old dears how to bake a flan.

I can pretend I know about flour and cooking times by saying flour and gas mark 6, the reality is.....I know as much about flans as you know about tax havens.
Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:56 - Oct 5 with 1433 viewsBullardsMagicMullet

How people rejoiced when Evans took over but its been a complete failure since then.

Makes you wish back to 10+ years ago, no money but living within our means, a hero as the manager playing neat attractive football with the focus on producing our own talent.

Flounce when ITFC lose, flounce about brexit and flounce about Trump.
Poll: What ITFC Podcast do you prefer?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:58 - Oct 5 with 1432 viewsTractorBoyOlly

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:48 - Oct 5 by dirtyboy

If you're going to pipe up on a public forum and sound off about stuff you clearly don't have a clue about but remark as if you do, don't expect not to be subjected to a small amount of stick.

It's like me going on the Mary Berry Bakery forum and tell all those old dears how to bake a flan.

I can pretend I know about flour and cooking times by saying flour and gas mark 6, the reality is.....I know as much about flans as you know about tax havens.

I was just trying to spark an intelligent debate and instead given obtuse responses. Never mind, doesn't bother me that we're going backwards with no decent alternative.

Poll: Final points total?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:03 - Oct 5 with 1423 viewsfactual_blue

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:32 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Oh dear, OP's reached B*neters Event Horizon, meaning he downvotes anything vaguely humorous or that disagrees with him.

balls

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:04 - Oct 5 with 1427 viewsBlueBadger

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:58 - Oct 5 by TractorBoyOlly

I was just trying to spark an intelligent debate and instead given obtuse responses. Never mind, doesn't bother me that we're going backwards with no decent alternative.

If you want intelligent debate, it's probably best to start with an intelligent point and not the consistently debunked 'ITFC are a tax dodge' fallacy and follow it up with championing Terry Butcher, a mostly not-very-good' football manager to manage us.
Oh, and where intelligent repsosnse have been made, you have replied to them. You haven't, for example, replied to me OR J2 when we asked exactly HOW Evans losing upwards of six million a year propping us up works to his advantage.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 15:04]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:05 - Oct 5 with 1426 viewsGuthrum

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 14:16 - Oct 5 by ghostofescobar

Just one point: if Burley and Butcher had no connection to Town whatsoever, but let's say they had success as players 40 odd years ago at, say Villa, then one of them had a good managerial spell at, let's say Villa again, 20 years ago (before getting them relegated after just 2 seasons in the Prem), who on this board would want them? Anyone? Hands up at the back. And if you wouldn't, then it boils down to them having a past at the club, albeit successful in different capacities at different times (many, many years ago). That's it. Your prime reason for thinking they will succeed is that they once worked well at PR (I'm obviously being a little flippant there). And Klug has had no noticeable success managing the first team and has repeatedly said he doesn't want the job.

Burley/Butcher/Klug should be THE LAST option (well, maybe Arry should be the last option)

Having a "feel" for the club can be a useful factor when managing. Look at Eddie Howe and Bournemouth - great with them, not so good anywhere else. Garry Monk's best spell as manager has been at Swansea.

It isn't like Burley and Butcher have had little contact with Ipswich in the intervening years. They watch games, know the staff and the setup. They may even have got to know the owner.

At this particular moment, we aren't looking for the next person who's going to guide us to promotion, as much as a steady hand to prevent Town from going the other way.

Klug isn't really a candidate, as he's stated he prefer to remain in the Youth and Academy setup.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:21 - Oct 5 with 1415 viewsrickw

I've seen George around he just looks like an old man these days....

If Hurst has to go then I think our best option is Mark Warburton, he's experienced in the Championship, plays decent football and has won promotion from L1 before...

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Login to get fewer ads

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:48 - Oct 5 with 1397 viewsfactual_blue

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 13:46 - Oct 5 by TractorBoyOlly

Evans makes money from his other very genuine ticketing and events business which isn't corrupt at all.

You're teasing the libel laws there.

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:50 - Oct 5 with 1399 viewsBlueBadger

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 13:46 - Oct 5 by TractorBoyOlly

Evans makes money from his other very genuine ticketing and events business which isn't corrupt at all.

Right. So how does those make ITFC the 'tax haven'?

You can use one syllable words and pictures if you like.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:21 - Oct 5 with 1387 viewsBlueBadger

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:21 - Oct 5 by rickw

I've seen George around he just looks like an old man these days....

If Hurst has to go then I think our best option is Mark Warburton, he's experienced in the Championship, plays decent football and has won promotion from L1 before...

Warburton would be far and away the best of the merry-go-round bunch, but I personally think there's an argument to be made for having Burley involved as a Director of Football.

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:27 - Oct 5 with 1376 viewsCBMTOBWMMBG

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:21 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Warburton would be far and away the best of the merry-go-round bunch, but I personally think there's an argument to be made for having Burley involved as a Director of Football.

What does a Director of Football do? (genuine question)

It needs to have a clear purpose - I think clubs tend to use it for recruiting(?) - is that right?

And is that what you want Burley doing?
Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:30 - Oct 5 with 1372 viewsCoastalblue

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:21 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

I'd agree with that, it would be nice to have a common and ongoing strategy within the Club, someone with experience who can give their views to both the owner and the Manager and I think Burley would suit that role well.

I would be less keen on seeing him back as Manager though to be honest, and I very much enjoyed most of his first tenure.

Butch is one of my heroes, and a decent bloke, sadly I just don't think he's made of Management stuff.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:31 - Oct 5 with 1370 viewsfooters

We really need a permanently pinned thread covering:

- UK tax law
- Klug not being remotely interested in the first-team manager job
- A quick guide to basic grammar and punctuation

Must be loads of others I'm missing but this could save a lot of wasted time over the coming months.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:32 - Oct 5 with 1363 viewsjeera

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:31 - Oct 5 by footers

We really need a permanently pinned thread covering:

- UK tax law
- Klug not being remotely interested in the first-team manager job
- A quick guide to basic grammar and punctuation

Must be loads of others I'm missing but this could save a lot of wasted time over the coming months.

Flan recipes.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:36 - Oct 5 with 1356 viewsfooters

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:32 - Oct 5 by jeera

Flan recipes.

Was the flan a 70s thing, like glam rock and bell-bottoms? The only time I've made one was in food tech at school. Haven't seen one since.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:37 - Oct 5 with 1355 viewsPlums

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:27 - Oct 5 by CBMTOBWMMBG

What does a Director of Football do? (genuine question)

It needs to have a clear purpose - I think clubs tend to use it for recruiting(?) - is that right?

And is that what you want Burley doing?

If a Director of football is to be appointed then they need to select the manager. The manager runs the 1st team, the DoF runs the sporting operations. If the manager gets the boot, the DoF remains as the constant.
FWIW, I have long believed (subject to him being interested and available) that Martin Jol would be an ideal DoF for us.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 9:46]

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:44 - Oct 5 with 1333 viewsHorseboy

This Burley /Butcher/Klug combo sounds like something on a hungry horse menu.

Yummy
Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 16:45 - Oct 5 with 1329 viewsfactual_blue

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:05 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Having a "feel" for the club can be a useful factor when managing. Look at Eddie Howe and Bournemouth - great with them, not so good anywhere else. Garry Monk's best spell as manager has been at Swansea.

It isn't like Burley and Butcher have had little contact with Ipswich in the intervening years. They watch games, know the staff and the setup. They may even have got to know the owner.

At this particular moment, we aren't looking for the next person who's going to guide us to promotion, as much as a steady hand to prevent Town from going the other way.

Klug isn't really a candidate, as he's stated he prefer to remain in the Youth and Academy setup.

Do they know how to set up a tax haven though?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:00 - Oct 5 with 1291 viewsjas0999

Very unlikely. Burley as director of football maybe. Manager after being out of the game for a long period? No.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 17:04]
Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:17 - Oct 5 with 1280 viewsghostofescobar

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 15:05 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Fair points and good examples, but rare to find such successful examples. Not sure they would know much about the staff and set up. PH has appointed most of the senior staff. Don't think they would get a great insight to either through their recent years of watching from the stands. We do need a steady hand, but Burley and Butcher aren't the ones: but what do I know........... I can't see that Pep could do much about our current strike force.

GhostOfEscobar

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:34 - Oct 5 with 1272 viewsGuthrum

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:17 - Oct 5 by ghostofescobar

Fair points and good examples, but rare to find such successful examples. Not sure they would know much about the staff and set up. PH has appointed most of the senior staff. Don't think they would get a great insight to either through their recent years of watching from the stands. We do need a steady hand, but Burley and Butcher aren't the ones: but what do I know........... I can't see that Pep could do much about our current strike force.

Whereas I tend to think that a manager with a viable plan and the ability to get players performing could achieve a degree of success with the squad as it is - at least enough to pull us clear of danger. That could even be Hurst, tho unlikely.

Burley and Butcher perhaps aren't the men for the long term (nor really my first choice), but as a sort of caretaker team, they could do a job of rescuing us from the current predicament. Not that much has changed with the staff, the fitness guy being the most significant. Even the new goalkeeping coach was formerly Malcolm Webster's deputy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:42 - Oct 5 with 1265 viewsstewartm

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 13:28 - Oct 5 by BlueBadger

Just how much tax does Evans manage to avoid by losing upwards of six million a year propping us up every season?

Evans loses six million or runs up Ipswich debt by six million borrowing against the club? I could not see banks lending money so Evans borrows from other Evans enterprises? I am no financial whizz kid but one thing I can very confidently write, Evans has not spent 1 pound of his own personal money and do not listen to any of the kn,bs on here talking sh,t that they know how it works!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 17:56]

Poll: How long will Lamburke survive this season?

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:49 - Oct 5 with 1260 viewsBinner

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:34 - Oct 5 by Guthrum

Whereas I tend to think that a manager with a viable plan and the ability to get players performing could achieve a degree of success with the squad as it is - at least enough to pull us clear of danger. That could even be Hurst, tho unlikely.

Burley and Butcher perhaps aren't the men for the long term (nor really my first choice), but as a sort of caretaker team, they could do a job of rescuing us from the current predicament. Not that much has changed with the staff, the fitness guy being the most significant. Even the new goalkeeping coach was formerly Malcolm Webster's deputy.

If you're looking for a former manager to try to get us out of trouble then by far the best option would be Mick McCarthy.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 18:02 - Oct 5 with 1245 viewsWarhurst

Burley/Butcher/Klug Combo on 17:42 - Oct 5 by stewartm

Evans loses six million or runs up Ipswich debt by six million borrowing against the club? I could not see banks lending money so Evans borrows from other Evans enterprises? I am no financial whizz kid but one thing I can very confidently write, Evans has not spent 1 pound of his own personal money and do not listen to any of the kn,bs on here talking sh,t that they know how it works!
[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 17:56]

If the money is borrowed from other Evans enterprises, that's still his own personal money is it not? He is still losing out overall then? I genuinely don't know how businesses/tax work just curious.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024