Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th 11:11 - Oct 6 with 1404 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If we lose today then it might be the point of no return. I genuinely hope he makes it work.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:15 - Oct 6 with 1390 viewsfooters

Not quite. Jewell handed in his resignation on that date. Evans' only sacking was after the takeover.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 11:15]

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:17 - Oct 6 with 1368 viewspointofblue

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:15 - Oct 6 by footers

Not quite. Jewell handed in his resignation on that date. Evans' only sacking was after the takeover.

Did he sack Keane or did Keane resign/leave via mutual agreement?

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:19 - Oct 6 with 1370 viewsWD19

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/ipswich_town/9346787.stm
Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:27 - Oct 6 with 1345 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't think the two are comparable really. As pointed out, Jewell resigned but even then it was because of an awful run at the end of 2 years in the job.

I've said it before that the huge difficulty with making a decision on Hurst (on the field anyway) is that it's difficult to see what we're doing and what a new manager would bring. On top of which we've been largely competitive and are not being outplayed just outscored. A lot of that is about handling the key moments better at either end of the pitch, which can be transformed with confidence and a bit of momentum.

All in all, I'd still wait and see what a win can actually do for us. A bit like how we handled Keane's winless run in other words.

Pronouns: He/Him

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:27 - Oct 6 with 1339 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans didn't have to accept it, he did. Its no different.

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:41 - Oct 6 with 1298 viewsBlueBadger

As I recall it was the second time Jewell had tried to resign, as well.

And Evans sacked both Keane AND Magilton.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:45 - Oct 6 with 1279 viewsBlueBadger

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 11:17 - Oct 6 by pointofblue

Did he sack Keane or did Keane resign/leave via mutual agreement?

Keane was sacked.

And should have been at least a year earlier.
[Post edited 6 Oct 2018 11:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 12:23 - Oct 6 with 1185 viewsKeaneish

Jewell had a full season before that happened. Hurst hasn't even had a quarter of one. Would be a major shock and a huge policy shift from the club and the owner.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Login to get fewer ads

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 12:24 - Oct 6 with 1183 viewsBluedandy

If we lose today Paul Hurst should be sacked ... leave it another 5 or 6 games and the season could be unsalvageable no matter who Evans appoints.

Suspect if we survive this season it will be by a very small points margin and Hurst's successor needs as much time as possible to make it happen.
Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 13:46 - Oct 6 with 1048 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Evans pulled the trigger on Jewel on October 24th on 12:23 - Oct 6 by Keaneish

Jewell had a full season before that happened. Hurst hasn't even had a quarter of one. Would be a major shock and a huge policy shift from the club and the owner.

The one thing thats certain is that this club and Evans can't afford relegation. The club will have to shed staff on a massive scale and it makes it all the more unlikely that Evans will ever see a return.

He certainly isn't going to wait if we continue in this vein, no owner with any level of business acumen would.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024