Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... 08:27 - Oct 7 with 9541 viewshoppy

Has anyone sampled the one celebrating these two Ipswich Town greats yet, to get a review?

[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 8:27]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:39 - Oct 12 with 3395 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:50 - Oct 11 by monytowbray

Word. How much does it make a difference brewing vegan friendly? I was told it's something to do with an animal byproduct being added to speed up the brewing process? Could be wrong there.

A lot of it is to do with the filtering process and the products they use to do this...that said, Veganism is that common these days that there are new methods to amend the filtering process and offer more vegan friendly options. When I have a vegan option, I'll let you know

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

on 17:48 - Oct 12 with 3347 views_

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 23:44 - Oct 10 by hoppy

Can empathise with that... KJ went into hospital a month ago, and altho she came out for almost a week, has been back in since last Tuesday... so I've been juggling everything at home, visiting hospital as well as a regular freelance job and my own work... was working until 4.40am last night, before being up to get Yasmin to school again this morning. I've only had to sign the late book at school once in the time she's been in hospital, which isn't bad going really.
I'm getting pretty good at spinning plates, oh, and am still in the office now!

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 11:46 - Oct 13 with 3306 viewsKieran_Knows

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:53 - Oct 11 by Kieran_Knows

Planning on getting them this weekend, looking forward to tasting them!

Just picked all 3 up! Now, this is going to sound very amateurish, but I’ve got to the grand age of 26 and never tried ale before, but I have heard many people say they drink ale at ‘room temperature’. Is it best to stick them in the fridge to go a little cold over an hour or so, or don’t bother at all?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

on 12:56 - Oct 13 with 3299 views_

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 11:46 - Oct 13 by Kieran_Knows

Just picked all 3 up! Now, this is going to sound very amateurish, but I’ve got to the grand age of 26 and never tried ale before, but I have heard many people say they drink ale at ‘room temperature’. Is it best to stick them in the fridge to go a little cold over an hour or so, or don’t bother at all?

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:59 - Oct 13 with 3298 viewsFenoit

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 11:46 - Oct 13 by Kieran_Knows

It really is preference.

Some people prefer to drink it at room temperature (cellar temperature) - this is how is how it would be served on cask at a pub.

I tend to put it in the fridge about 30 mins before drinking just to give it a slight chill (either that or take it out of the fridge an hour before serving)

Enjoy!
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 16:52 - Oct 13 with 3272 viewsstonojnr

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:50 - Oct 11 by monytowbray

Word. How much does it make a difference brewing vegan friendly? I was told it's something to do with an animal byproduct being added to speed up the brewing process? Could be wrong there.

Not the brewing process really the beer is perfectly ready to drink at the stage you do this but it's just you want to remove the yeast cells which give the beer a hazy murky looking soup appearance to make it crystal clear, but there are lots of ways of doing that it's just the easiest way is to use isinglass which is from fish bladders,which makes the beer non vegan.
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 16:57 - Oct 13 with 3269 viewsstonojnr

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:59 - Oct 13 by Fenoit

It really is preference.

Some people prefer to drink it at room temperature (cellar temperature) - this is how is how it would be served on cask at a pub.

I tend to put it in the fridge about 30 mins before drinking just to give it a slight chill (either that or take it out of the fridge an hour before serving)

Enjoy!

Room temperature is not cellar temperature unless you live in a particularly cool house :) it should be served 11-13c

So yes some folk chuck it in the fridge for 30mins to bring it down, just be aware some beers will chill haze though,doesn't affect the taste but you do drink with your eyes as much as your other taste senses
on 16:53 - Oct 14 with 3210 views_

Login to get fewer ads

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 22:27 - Oct 14 with 3183 viewshoppy

on 16:53 - Oct 14 by _

Well I've only just got round to sampling the Hoppy Robson that I picked up... have to say, very nice, and very drinkable - perhaps goes down a bit too easily! (ie, wish I'd picked up more than one bottle of it!)

on 22:35 - Oct 14 with 3181 views_

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 22:27 - Oct 14 by hoppy

Well I've only just got round to sampling the Hoppy Robson that I picked up... have to say, very nice, and very drinkable - perhaps goes down a bit too easily! (ie, wish I'd picked up more than one bottle of it!)

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 07:56 - Oct 15 with 3142 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 22:27 - Oct 14 by hoppy

Glad you enjoyed them Hoppy!!!

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:38 - Oct 15 with 3134 viewsKieran_Knows

on 22:35 - Oct 14 by _

Interesting, I'd have said my least favourite was the black ale, but as already mentioned before it was my first proper time of trying an ale.

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:39 - Oct 15 with 3131 viewshoppy

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:38 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

Interesting, I'd have said my least favourite was the black ale, but as already mentioned before it was my first proper time of trying an ale.

I've still got that one to try. I didn't pick the lager one up, as wasn't so sure that would be my thing...

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:41 - Oct 15 with 3129 viewsKieran_Knows

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:39 - Oct 15 by hoppy

I've still got that one to try. I didn't pick the lager one up, as wasn't so sure that would be my thing...

It is nice to be fair, perhaps need to have a few more to get the 'taste buds' for ale. Ha! The lager one was my favourite, very nice indeed.

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 13:30 - Oct 15 with 3091 viewsDBaldy

I've got Hoppy Robson and the lager (forgot the name!) at home, but I passed on the Boncho as it was too dark for my liking.

Will post my reviews on here and UnTappd in due course.
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:04 - Oct 15 with 3077 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 08:41 - Oct 15 by Kieran_Knows

It is nice to be fair, perhaps need to have a few more to get the 'taste buds' for ale. Ha! The lager one was my favourite, very nice indeed.

Golden Goal is a really refreshing lager. I get hints of a certain fruit in it...I'm not the only one to pick up the same fruity hints either. Any guesses?

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:05 - Oct 15 with 3072 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 13:30 - Oct 15 by DBaldy

I've got Hoppy Robson and the lager (forgot the name!) at home, but I passed on the Boncho as it was too dark for my liking.

Will post my reviews on here and UnTappd in due course.

I hope they go down well DBaldy

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:06 - Oct 15 with 3072 viewsJ2BLUE

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:04 - Oct 15 by TIB

Golden Goal is a really refreshing lager. I get hints of a certain fruit in it...I'm not the only one to pick up the same fruity hints either. Any guesses?

Grapefruit

(either this random guess will finally make me look informed or people will continue thinking i'm a mug. Risk free shot!)

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:16 - Oct 15 with 3067 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:06 - Oct 15 by J2BLUE

Grapefruit

(either this random guess will finally make me look informed or people will continue thinking i'm a mug. Risk free shot!)

Negative on the grapefruit front. Decent guess though.

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 00:10 - Oct 17 with 3010 viewsstonojnr

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 20:16 - Oct 15 by TIB

Negative on the grapefruit front. Decent guess though.

thank goodness :) grapefruit in a lager would be something akin to how a radler tastes. its the Tettnang hops I presume.
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 12:48 - Oct 17 with 2968 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 00:10 - Oct 17 by stonojnr

thank goodness :) grapefruit in a lager would be something akin to how a radler tastes. its the Tettnang hops I presume.

It is...they give it quite a distinct fruity taste.

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 18:40 - Oct 17 with 2943 viewsDennyx4

on 23:17 - Oct 10 by _

Golden Goal was my favourite.

All well worth a try though.
I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:19 - Oct 18 with 2900 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 18:40 - Oct 17 by Dennyx4

Golden Goal was my favourite.

All well worth a try though.

Glad you enjoyed them Denny

I'm delivering some more to Hopsters this week and will be running a tasting session upstairs at The Arcade Tavern before KO on Saturday. Limited stock so get down early (12pm - 2pm) . Looking forward to putting some faces to TWTD names.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 9:21]

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:22 - Oct 18 with 2898 viewsKieran_Knows

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:19 - Oct 18 by TIB

Glad you enjoyed them Denny

I'm delivering some more to Hopsters this week and will be running a tasting session upstairs at The Arcade Tavern before KO on Saturday. Limited stock so get down early (12pm - 2pm) . Looking forward to putting some faces to TWTD names.
[Post edited 18 Oct 2018 9:21]

I'm going to try get down with R_I_G if possible, hopefully see you there!

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:26 - Oct 18 with 2896 viewsTIB

I still haven’t tried any of TIB’s Away Days beers yet... on 09:22 - Oct 18 by Kieran_Knows

I'm going to try get down with R_I_G if possible, hopefully see you there!

Good stuff

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024