Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two more recollections of yesterday 19:27 - Oct 7 with 4977 viewsPendejo

Skuse's goalscoring effort going wide after a deflection off Swansea player.

The Andre Dozzell song, it has me giggling every time I think of it. Can't remember the words other than the Uncle Tony reference... Anyone run that song by him? I could imagine someone getting into bit of trouble if he's near by.

*edited to put Dozzell, boy was I knackered yesterday not to notice the spelling correction!
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 8:08]

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:08 - Oct 7 with 4816 viewsBlueastheycome

I sang that particular song to Andre himself after I had my photo taken with him after he played in a friendly against Shelbourne in Dublin a couple of years ago.. he did chuckle abit!
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 20:09]
Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:50 - Oct 7 with 4681 viewsDinnernotTea

We've got Dozzell
Andre Dozzell
I just don't think you understand
He's better than his dad
His uncle Tony's mad
We've got Andre Dozzell

Beware of The Ipswich Cabbages

Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:55 - Oct 7 with 4650 viewsCurrie10

Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:50 - Oct 7 by DinnernotTea

We've got Dozzell
Andre Dozzell
He's better than his dad
His uncle Tony's mad
We've got Andre Dozzell

Please tell me we're not doing this generic we've got this player, and a lack of understanding. Dear god.

What a bland dull chant.
Two more recollections of yesterday on 21:00 - Oct 7 with 4637 viewsDinnernotTea

Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:55 - Oct 7 by Currie10

Please tell me we're not doing this generic we've got this player, and a lack of understanding. Dear god.

What a bland dull chant.

I didn't make it up but I bloody love it. Because it's relevant to Ipswich. His dad was and is in my view an ITFC legend and his Uncle used to kick fuk out of lads off the pitch, notably scum. Of course a lot of people will hate that but the song brings a smile to my face.

I have to ask, is there anything in this world you do like?

Two more recollections of yesterday on 21:17 - Oct 7 with 4578 viewsbluejake78

Uncle Tony was a godsend when we drew 3-3 with Forest in the FA cup.We were a minibus of 12 attacked by little Forest.We held our own then TS turned up and steamed them.
Two more recollections of yesterday on 08:12 - Oct 8 with 4182 viewsPendejo

Two more recollections of yesterday on 21:17 - Oct 7 by bluejake78

Uncle Tony was a godsend when we drew 3-3 with Forest in the FA cup.We were a minibus of 12 attacked by little Forest.We held our own then TS turned up and steamed them.

He travelled to that game with the guy who was best man at my first wedding, he got nicked that day and my mate had to wait for him to be bailed.
On getting into the car he said about how it was kicking off all around, loads involved yet he was the only one arrested... they looked at him and said; six four, half caste with ginger afro... no we can't work it out either!
He did stand out in the crowd a bit back then.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Two more recollections of yesterday on 08:16 - Oct 8 with 4166 viewstrncbluearmy

We've got Dozzell
Andre Dozzell
He's better than his dad
His uncle Tony's mad
We've got Andre Dozzell

Swallow is as well known in Ipswich as Jason and Andre,brilliant song
Two more recollections of yesterday on 09:14 - Oct 8 with 4074 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Thoughts on Pennington. I felt so sorry for him, obviously got given a torrid time but also he is not a right back, it reminded me of the day Mustapha Carayol tore Chambers apart at Middlesborough. Has to be Donacien and hopefully Kenlock as full backs next time out.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Login to get fewer ads

Two more recollections of yesterday on 10:27 - Oct 8 with 3983 viewsernie

Two more recollections of yesterday on 20:55 - Oct 7 by Currie10

What a bland dull chant.

It's an awful chant, agreed..and every club seems to have its own version of it
Two more recollections of yesterday on 10:29 - Oct 8 with 3983 viewsRegencyBlue

Two more recollections of yesterday on 09:14 - Oct 8 by TheTrueBlue1878

Thoughts on Pennington. I felt so sorry for him, obviously got given a torrid time but also he is not a right back, it reminded me of the day Mustapha Carayol tore Chambers apart at Middlesborough. Has to be Donacien and hopefully Kenlock as full backs next time out.

Pennington is being played at right back to accommodate Nsiala which is ridiculous because Pennington was excellent when he played at centre half, much better than Nsiala in my view.
Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:21 - Oct 8 with 3807 viewsBOjK

We've got Dozzell
Andre Dozzell
He's better than his dad
His uncle Tony's mad
We've got Andre Dozzell

Do wise heads really consider him better than his Dad? Jason was one hell of a player.

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:43 - Oct 8 with 3781 viewsDinnernotTea

Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:21 - Oct 8 by BOjK

Do wise heads really consider him better than his Dad? Jason was one hell of a player.

Not even close right now and might not ever be but works for lyric purposes!

Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:43 - Oct 8 with 3778 viewsITFC_Forever

Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:21 - Oct 8 by BOjK

Not yet, but all the wise coaches from the academies etc say there's every chance he will be better than Jason.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Two more recollections of yesterday on 17:09 - Oct 8 with 3704 viewsMullet

Two more recollections of yesterday on 14:43 - Oct 8 by ITFC_Forever

Not yet, but all the wise coaches from the academies etc say there's every chance he will be better than Jason.

I think this is the issue. The ceiling he has is massive and hopefully he won't make any mistakes to exceed what his Dad managed to do.

But right now, and even after this week he is a long way off. I do have some sympathy for Hurst (and Nolan here) as fans will be naturally inclined to be overly supportive of Andre, and when he does dazzle like he did Saturday with a few of his passes, it's hard not to get carried away.

But that injury and the thought that teams might start working him over and kicking him out of games is one that worries me. You'd hope that anyone who does might get a Chalobah-shaped boot to the knob.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Two more recollections of yesterday on 18:38 - Oct 8 with 3636 viewsMeadowlark

Yes! It was heading for the top corner.
Two more recollections of yesterday on 19:19 - Oct 8 with 3594 viewsCurrie10

Two more recollections of yesterday on 10:27 - Oct 8 by ernie

It's absolute pony!
Two more recollections of yesterday on 19:22 - Oct 8 with 3590 viewsCurrie10

Two more recollections of yesterday on 10:27 - Oct 8 by ernie

Sheff Weds -

' We've got Bannan, Barry Bannan, I just don't think you understand. A wee little man, better than Zidane, we've got Barry Bannan '

etc etc etc.

SNORE.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024