Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
09:45 - Oct 21 with 5940 views_

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 2290 viewseireblue

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 10:10 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

https://haveibeenpwned.com/

Search your email address here.

This can also be useful if you are currently using the Chrome browser

https://www.passprotect.io/

Makes use of the Have I Been Pwned database.
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 11:59 - Oct 21 with 2292 viewsAce_High1

On another subject do people you use either an iPad or Mac use any particular anti-virus software?
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 12:08 - Oct 21 with 2272 viewsGlasgowBlue

I had a look. Housewives in my area desperate for sex and offers for penis enlargement. Oh and a genuine looking refund from HMRC.

I’m now going to spend my tax refund on getting a bigger cock to roger these local housewives.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 12:09]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 12:45 - Oct 21 with 2255 viewshoppy

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 10:53 - Oct 21 by J2BLUE

I only linked it in the first place because i'm sure it was you who posted it previously.

Dan's the man.

You mean DanTheMan’s the man.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 12:56 - Oct 21 with 2243 viewsRyorry

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 11:59 - Oct 21 by eireblue

This can also be useful if you are currently using the Chrome browser

https://www.passprotect.io/

Makes use of the Have I Been Pwned database.

Decided to add, got pop-up window saying "Add Pass Protect? It can read and change all your data on the websites that you visit" - !! - so I cancelled, rather than adding the extension ...

Only 25,326 users. 29 supposed 5* reviews. "Offered by Okta Developer". Maybe OK but ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:12 - Oct 21 with 2233 viewsjas0999

Lots of these going around. Delete it.

Had an email this morning claiming to be from the TV Licence folk. Wanted me to update my details, in particular my payment details.

In your case, if they really had hacked your account they would have known your name, rather than start with just hello.
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:21 - Oct 21 with 2216 viewsRyorry

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:12 - Oct 21 by jas0999

Lots of these going around. Delete it.

Had an email this morning claiming to be from the TV Licence folk. Wanted me to update my details, in particular my payment details.

In your case, if they really had hacked your account they would have known your name, rather than start with just hello.

Worrying how you can be tracked though - I had genuine dealings re Road Tax - which was swiftly followed by an attempted online scam referring to that in particular. And a couple of years ago I noticed that every time I did online banking, it would quickly be followed by a scam email purporting to be from my bank (stopped now, thankfully).

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:25 - Oct 21 with 2206 viewseireblue

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 12:56 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Decided to add, got pop-up window saying "Add Pass Protect? It can read and change all your data on the websites that you visit" - !! - so I cancelled, rather than adding the extension ...

Only 25,326 users. 29 supposed 5* reviews. "Offered by Okta Developer". Maybe OK but ...

That is a generic browser warning.

The plug-in essentially checks a password you enter in any web site, so has access to any website.

How it does the password check is very secure. You are not giving a password to anyone.

I have worked with Okta products. So I know the company, highly regarded.
Login to get fewer ads

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:28 - Oct 21 with 2203 viewslinhdi

I received various versions of that, starting a few days after the BA hack was made public. The password it referred to was my BA one, luckily not used for anything else, so I know that's where it came from.
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:29 - Oct 21 with 2196 viewsRyorry

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:25 - Oct 21 by eireblue

That is a generic browser warning.

The plug-in essentially checks a password you enter in any web site, so has access to any website.

How it does the password check is very secure. You are not giving a password to anyone.

I have worked with Okta products. So I know the company, highly regarded.

Sorry, don't understand "generic browser warning"?

Just don't like the thought of some bot being able to take control of/change anything I've written - so I won't sign up to anything like Disqus eg.

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:32 - Oct 21 with 2191 viewsGeoffSentence

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 09:47 - Oct 21 by Herbivore

It's just a scam, ignore it.

Yeah I had one of these. They had one of my passwords, clearly it had been bought online after a big data breach. Ignored. Heard nothing else.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:56 - Oct 21 with 2152 viewseireblue

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 13:29 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Sorry, don't understand "generic browser warning"?

Just don't like the thought of some bot being able to take control of/change anything I've written - so I won't sign up to anything like Disqus eg.

It doesn't change anything.

The code is freely available for people to examine.

But I understand you may not be able to determine for yourself that the code doesn't change anything.
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 14:05 - Oct 21 with 2134 viewsDanTheMan

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 12:56 - Oct 21 by Ryorry

Okta develop authentication software and are trustworthy. Was actually on a call with them not too long back.

The reason it'll be need to read / change data on all websites is because it'll need to read the passwords you enter into any website to check against the database.

The one this is then compared with haveibeenpwned will be through a type of hashing where it only takes the start of the password first and your email. So you're full password shouldn't need to go through it.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 14:15 - Oct 21 with 2104 viewsRyorry

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 14:05 - Oct 21 by DanTheMan

Okta develop authentication software and are trustworthy. Was actually on a call with them not too long back.

The reason it'll be need to read / change data on all websites is because it'll need to read the passwords you enter into any website to check against the database.

The one this is then compared with haveibeenpwned will be through a type of hashing where it only takes the start of the password first and your email. So you're full password shouldn't need to go through it.

Ah, thanks, Eire too

Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 14:18 - Oct 21 with 2098 viewsLiquidPaz

It's a scam. Check your email on hair I been pwned.... Likely you'll find that your email was on a list of 756 million user details taken in a breach last year.... Action fraud can take a report but its purely a scam and is traced back to a VPN that is likely to originate in Russia.

Mark as junk, move on..... Some people have paid the BTC.... Don't do that!
Just noticed two dodgy emails in my junk folder... on 14:35 - Oct 21 with 2067 viewsLuciBlue

You are so funny and excited!

Poll: If you had to take one option..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024