Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players leaving 15:16 - Oct 22 with 4167 viewsFrimleyBlue

Something I think needs to be put to bed is, " it's not Hurst's fault he lost players"

It is his fault, he is the manager. it's as simple as that, He allowed the transfers of contracted itfc players.

Waghorn "He and his young family were happy in the area, his wife Leoni had begun working with the Elena Baltacha Foundation and Waghorn’s parents had even moved to Suffolk."

Garner - defo needed to go near home, can't get away from that.

Webster... Now this is the strange one. You come in and you;ve got one of those players that everyone seems to rate, yet look at his injury record and think nah ill take the money. Firstly, think about why they are offering that sort of value baring in mind he's missed alot of games. That tells you he's highly valued. Now, sports science is Hurst biggest plus point no? so why did he sell him rather than work with him. Easy answer, saw the £ and thought sod it.

Players out on loan........ Woolfy , can't see why Woolfy is seen any worse than Mr Mistake ready to happen Nsiala.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1802 views_

Players leaving on 15:56 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

But he had to choose between Waghorn new deal & new players?

I'm not defending Hurst as such here, I just don't think the Waghorn situation was completely his making.

Players leaving on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1801 viewsReuser_is_God

Players leaving on 15:58 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

There has to be a limit though, this move allowed him to bring in Nolan and Nsiala; and potentially Jackson (can't remember exact timing).

I think Evans giving Hurst majority of fees brought in is fair enough, we clearly do have to run to a budget so has to be one or the other

But surely with the ages we lost & fees we bought in over the summer we could've kept Waghorn?

I'm certain we've made a fairly decent nett profit this summer no?

The wages we saved on those that left, including MM & TC, would've been very sizeable.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument as it all bares into insignificance at the minute because we're so sh1t.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Players leaving on 16:02 - Oct 22 with 1802 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 15:56 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

But he had to choose between Waghorn new deal & new players?

I'm not defending Hurst as such here, I just don't think the Waghorn situation was completely his making.

This is where proper management had to come in and see what you have at your club first before you move comes into it.

Say we kept waghorn and gave him a new contract, there is our striker. We wouldn't have needed Jackson AND Harrison,

If we kept Webster and woolfy, we didn't need nsiala, etc

How long had Hurst been at town before selling Webster, he'd only been there about 3 weeks before sending out players on loan and selling our backups.

He created the need to bring in a raft of players.

Remember he said he brought in more players than Evans first thought.

Yeah, because you ripped the squad apart

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 16:03 - Oct 22 with 1799 viewsReuser_is_God

on 16:02 - Oct 22 by _

To be fair I was massively against the Waghorn sale at the time.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

on 16:04 - Oct 22 with 1796 views_

Players leaving on 16:03 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

To be fair I was massively against the Waghorn sale at the time.

Players leaving on 16:07 - Oct 22 with 1791 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 16:02 - Oct 22 by Reuser_is_God

But surely with the ages we lost & fees we bought in over the summer we could've kept Waghorn?

I'm certain we've made a fairly decent nett profit this summer no?

The wages we saved on those that left, including MM & TC, would've been very sizeable.

Anyway, it's a pointless argument as it all bares into insignificance at the minute because we're so sh1t.

We could have done, but we may have had just £1m to spend, or had to dip into loan market or bring in lesser valued players than the £4m it took to bring in Nolan, Nsiala and Jackson.

And paying bigger fees for players generally means higher wages than had we been shopping at cheaper end. Waghorn was the domino that needed to fall for everything to fall into place for Hurst (in theory)

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Players leaving on 16:14 - Oct 22 with 1777 viewsPositivelyPortman

Players leaving on 15:50 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Again from what I've heard, but we wouldn't have needed to match Derby offer - just a suitable increase to reward his first season - he was very happy here

“From what I’ve heard”.....you never give up do you?
What a tart.
PM me with who your insider with all this information is. Come on, do it.
🙄🙄😂😂😂😂

Poll: Are we happy with the takeover?

Players leaving on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 1767 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 16:14 - Oct 22 by PositivelyPortman

What a tart.
🙄🙄😂😂😂😂

Are you still here?

Login to get fewer ads

on 16:19 - Oct 22 with 1762 views_

What a tart.
🙄🙄😂😂😂😂

Players leaving on 16:20 - Oct 22 with 1769 viewsPhilTWTD

Players leaving on 15:45 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

There is a difference between not being in plans, and manager wanting you out because he thinks the money will make the squad better.

I'm sure if Waggy stayed he'd have played, obviously, but Hurst wanted to get him out and use the money when it came to the crux of the transfer.

Waghorn would've stayed with a new contract - and Garner was an hour away from staying so we were obviously prepared to keep him despite him wanting to go back to the NW

Re Garner, ME had decided to keep him going into the final day unless they received an over the top offer, which then duly arrived from Wigan that afternoon.

Waghorn would have been up for staying had the same terms been offered at Town as were offered at Derby and Boro but, as you say, Hurst wasn't unhappy to see him move on to bring in some cash so he could sign other players.
Players leaving on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 1760 viewsITFC_Forever

I think Garner and Waghorn got out while they could when they realised Hurst was going to be out of his depth and Deputy Doig is a complete thunder-c***.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Players leaving on 16:21 - Oct 22 with 1757 viewsPhilTWTD

What a tart.
🙄🙄😂😂😂😂

Not sure Joe really deserves this, he has shown plenty of times he has contacts. And no one is going to tell anyone a source.
Players leaving on 16:24 - Oct 22 with 1735 viewsITFC_Forever

Players leaving on 16:19 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

Are you still here?

Someone's got a massive chip on their shoulder some posters get bits of (genuine) def info and he doesn't.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Players leaving on 16:25 - Oct 22 with 1737 viewsitfcjoe

Players leaving on 16:20 - Oct 22 by PhilTWTD

Re Garner, ME had decided to keep him going into the final day unless they received an over the top offer, which then duly arrived from Wigan that afternoon.

Waghorn would have been up for staying had the same terms been offered at Town as were offered at Derby and Boro but, as you say, Hurst wasn't unhappy to see him move on to bring in some cash so he could sign other players.

I hadn't fully realised that with Garner, but guess fact it got so close should have been the giveaway that we were willing to keep him.

All became a bit of a muddle after that with having to dip into loan market, then 6 loan players, then Walters injury and still no further on Donacien.

Players leaving on 16:25 - Oct 22 with 1730 viewsFrimleyBlue

Thank you Phil.

More for joe than me tbh. But hopefully J2. Sees your post.

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 16:31 - Oct 22 with 1718 viewsSwansea_Blue

Players leaving on 15:21 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I don't need to get it into my head, he didn't want to go J2. NOT until he had the chat and Hurst made it clear he wasn't going to be in his thoughts.

Hurst wanted players, he wanted Jackson, he wanted Nolan, but he needed money He made sure Waghorn left, I know this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

If you're going by EADT, you always ignore this, doesn't sound like a guy begging to move does it

before hurst starts
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-excited-to-begin-paul-hurst-era-at-ip

Told you before, he was happy, family happy in Suffolk
club told him they needed funds and he was the only saleable player left and they would be looking to get money in for him and it was not in the best interest of the club for him to remain at ITFC. AT that point, he had no choice but to review the bids.
Then and only then, did he then show his signs of being happy to move as you would expect of a player joining a club, it's no good saying I'm at derby but didn't really want to be here.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:28]

I've no idea what went on, but you make a good argument. There's certainly nothing in that EADT article that suggests he wanted away at that point in time.

I like this bit of foresight, "There’s not going to be too many changes, I don’t think, squad-wise so we’ve got a good foundation to go and build on."

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Players leaving on 16:36 - Oct 22 with 1706 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 16:31 - Oct 22 by Swansea_Blue

I've no idea what went on, but you make a good argument. There's certainly nothing in that EADT article that suggests he wanted away at that point in time.

I like this bit of foresight, "There’s not going to be too many changes, I don’t think, squad-wise so we’ve got a good foundation to go and build on."

😂😂. Little insight into how the players saw the club at that point.

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 16:38 - Oct 22 with 1697 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Players leaving on 15:29 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

No because Hurst needed funds to bring in players.

Hurst clearly wanted Waghorn, Webster definitely was a case of we will take the money.

In pre-season he was working on building it around Waghorn with him playing CAM, i think it became fairly clear that when Derby were interested, Martyn wanted to go. Hurst has said as much that they were playing hard ball for the fee and he would've stayed until the right amount until it became clear he wanted to go and we could use the funds instead. That's why it went right to the wire.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Players leaving on 16:41 - Oct 22 with 1686 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 16:38 - Oct 22 by JammyDodgerrr

Hurst clearly wanted Waghorn, Webster definitely was a case of we will take the money.

In pre-season he was working on building it around Waghorn with him playing CAM, i think it became fairly clear that when Derby were interested, Martyn wanted to go. Hurst has said as much that they were playing hard ball for the fee and he would've stayed until the right amount until it became clear he wanted to go and we could use the funds instead. That's why it went right to the wire.

No. Please read up..

Waghorn was happy to stay. We could have kept him

Hurst wanted the money more. It really is as simple as that.

If Hurst wanted him to stay we could have kept him.

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 16:49 - Oct 22 with 1669 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Players leaving on 16:41 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

No. Please read up..

Waghorn was happy to stay. We could have kept him

Hurst wanted the money more. It really is as simple as that.

If Hurst wanted him to stay we could have kept him.

“Martyn made it clear he wanted to leave and once you get that situation it’s very difficult"

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-asked-to-leave-ipswich-town-1-5659919

I feel like Waghorn also confirmed this later on once at Derby. It's a difficult one because i'm sure he would've also liked to have stayed but the desire to leave + money...

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Players leaving on 16:53 - Oct 22 with 1661 viewsFrimleyBlue

Players leaving on 16:49 - Oct 22 by JammyDodgerrr

“Martyn made it clear he wanted to leave and once you get that situation it’s very difficult"

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-asked-to-leave-ipswich-town-1-5659919

I feel like Waghorn also confirmed this later on once at Derby. It's a difficult one because i'm sure he would've also liked to have stayed but the desire to leave + money...

Yes we've covered the news stories.

Just imagine the alternative

Hurst admits looking to sell happy at Ipswich waghorn to fund league 1 signings.

Waka waka eh eh

Players leaving on 21:13 - Oct 22 with 1603 viewsJ2BLUE

Players leaving on 15:21 - Oct 22 by FrimleyBlue

I don't need to get it into my head, he didn't want to go J2. NOT until he had the chat and Hurst made it clear he wasn't going to be in his thoughts.

Hurst wanted players, he wanted Jackson, he wanted Nolan, but he needed money He made sure Waghorn left, I know this 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

If you're going by EADT, you always ignore this, doesn't sound like a guy begging to move does it

before hurst starts
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/martyn-waghorn-excited-to-begin-paul-hurst-era-at-ip

Told you before, he was happy, family happy in Suffolk
club told him they needed funds and he was the only saleable player left and they would be looking to get money in for him and it was not in the best interest of the club for him to remain at ITFC. AT that point, he had no choice but to review the bids.
Then and only then, did he then show his signs of being happy to move as you would expect of a player joining a club, it's no good saying I'm at derby but didn't really want to be here.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 15:28]

Fair play it seems I am wrong. Apologies.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Players leaving on 22:18 - Oct 22 with 1565 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

So who decides whether we’re going to match the terms that Derby and ‘Boro have offered? Presumably Evans?

Just trying to work out whether Evans would go to Hurst and say...’what do you think? How important is he to you?’ Or would Evans just make the decision and tell Hurst, ‘no chance, I’m not offering him that, I’m taking the money’... to which Hurst probably wouldn’t have had much ground to persuade Evans otherwise but at least he’s got a bit of money to spend...
Players leaving on 22:26 - Oct 22 with 1562 viewsStadiumofdark

Players leaving on 16:25 - Oct 22 by itfcjoe

I hadn't fully realised that with Garner, but guess fact it got so close should have been the giveaway that we were willing to keep him.

All became a bit of a muddle after that with having to dip into loan market, then 6 loan players, then Walters injury and still no further on Donacien.

Garner and his agent sat outside Wigan stadium for 3 hours, waiting for a decision on whether Wigan would cough up or not. Even he was surprised (and pleased) in the end
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024