Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... 08:51 - Oct 28 with 13653 viewschristiand

What would be your first move? He couldn't have seen too much from yesterday's game to give much hope, even the level of heart, commitment and wanting to compete must have been put into question. So what would you do in PL's situation?

Run to the hills isn't an option though!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:38 - Oct 28 with 3128 viewsBLUEBEAT

Nobody mentioned having a massive w@nk?

Weirdos.

Poll: ACID, FUNK, ACID FUNK?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:38 - Oct 28 with 3126 viewscrunchie1978

Sack....
Knudsen
Skuse
Chambers
Spence.

Release..
Bishop
Adyamei

Then Google "free agent strikers".
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:45 - Oct 28 with 3110 viewsHerbivore

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:38 - Oct 28 by crunchie1978

Sack....
Knudsen
Skuse
Chambers
Spence.

Release..
Bishop
Adyamei

Then Google "free agent strikers".

Jesus wept.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:16 - Oct 28 with 3073 viewsblueislander

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:26 - Oct 28 by OsborneOneNil

Chambers is a horrendous right back.

You spelt "footballer" wrongly.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:23 - Oct 28 with 3066 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I think I would have had them in today (I thought I heard somewhere he was). Failing that, I would be speaking to my coaching staff today and ensuring they were in no doubt what drills we were doing and what we aimed to get out of the players from them.

The drills would be designed for attacking and defending set pieces (including long throws).

Then we would spend a lot of time this week working with the ball on pass and move, covering and decision making with the ball.

At some point those one-to-one meetings need to take place and Lambert needs to ensure each player knows where he is in Lambert's plans and what he has to do to stay there (or get there).

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:24 - Oct 28 with 3065 viewsblueislander

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:45 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Jesus wept.

It may come as a huge surprise to you, but there are an awful lot of Town fans that would agree with that "sack" list. Obviously you don't but why do you think they are indispensable? They have played in the vast majority of the games this season, of which we have won one.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:31 - Oct 28 with 3056 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:24 - Oct 28 by blueislander

It may come as a huge surprise to you, but there are an awful lot of Town fans that would agree with that "sack" list. Obviously you don't but why do you think they are indispensable? They have played in the vast majority of the games this season, of which we have won one.

Because who do we replace them with?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:31 - Oct 28 with 3057 viewsHerbivore

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:24 - Oct 28 by blueislander

There are awful Town fans who would agree with that list, agreed. We need our experienced players to get us out of this hole, anyone who seriously thinks ditching the likes of Skuse, Chambers and Knudsen at a time like this is a good idea needs their head testing.

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:36 - Oct 28 with 3049 viewsBinner

...and probably most of them have the vote.

It's no wonder the country is in such a state.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:41 - Oct 28 with 3044 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:31 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

There are awful Town fans who would agree with that list, agreed. We need our experienced players to get us out of this hole, anyone who seriously thinks ditching the likes of Skuse, Chambers and Knudsen at a time like this is a good idea needs their head testing.

I don't think you actually need to test their heads...

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:56 - Oct 28 with 3023 viewsblueislander

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:31 - Oct 28 by Herbivore

Care to answer why you think they are indispensable? Just to say they are the most experienced isn't really an argument, given that their experience hasn't done us much good so far. I would say that we need quality above all, and those players do not have it imo.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:58 - Oct 28 with 3019 viewsNthsuffolkblue

They were also virtually ever-present in a side that finished 12th in this league last season but don't let facts you don't like confuse your argument.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:02 - Oct 28 with 3013 viewsblueislander

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:58 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

They were also virtually ever-present in a side that finished 12th in this league last season but don't let facts you don't like confuse your argument.

That is a fact. Another one is that we have only won one match this season.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:02 - Oct 28 with 3010 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:56 - Oct 28 by blueislander

Care to answer why you think they are indispensable? Just to say they are the most experienced isn't really an argument, given that their experience hasn't done us much good so far. I would say that we need quality above all, and those players do not have it imo.

I've already answered above. Who do we replace them with?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:04 - Oct 28 with 3010 viewsblueislander

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:02 - Oct 28 by BrixtonBlue

I've already answered above. Who do we replace them with?

My preferred back four would be Emmanuel, Pennington, Woolfenden and Kenlock. Downes over Skuse.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:05 - Oct 28 with 3007 viewslongtimefan

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:23 - Oct 28 by Nthsuffolkblue

I think I would have had them in today (I thought I heard somewhere he was). Failing that, I would be speaking to my coaching staff today and ensuring they were in no doubt what drills we were doing and what we aimed to get out of the players from them.

The drills would be designed for attacking and defending set pieces (including long throws).

Then we would spend a lot of time this week working with the ball on pass and move, covering and decision making with the ball.

At some point those one-to-one meetings need to take place and Lambert needs to ensure each player knows where he is in Lambert's plans and what he has to do to stay there (or get there).

He didn’t wait for Monday, he had them in this morning.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:19 - Oct 28 with 2983 viewsBrixtonBlue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:04 - Oct 28 by blueislander

My preferred back four would be Emmanuel, Pennington, Woolfenden and Kenlock. Downes over Skuse.

That defence would get slaughtered playing week in week out.

Miles Kenlock, with 33 Championship starts, would be the most senior defender.

Bonkers!

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:52 - Oct 28 with 2938 viewsHerbivore

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 16:56 - Oct 28 by blueislander

Nobody is indispensable. However sacking off three of our most proven and experienced players is a ridiculous suggestion. As has been pointed out they were good enough for a side that finished top half last season and were virtually ever present when we finished 7th. Despite your claim about lack of quality they are three of the only players we have that we know are plenty good enough for this level as they've proven it consistently over a number of years. If you're wondering why we've been so poor this season I'd suggest starting with three proven Championship players is barking up the wrong tree. Take a look at our disaster of an ex-manager and his squad full of League 1 and League 2 players struggling to make the step up if you want to understand our plight. Trying to pin it on Skuse, Chambers and Knudsen to the extent of supporting the idea of getting rid of them is a nonsense.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:54 - Oct 28 with 2934 viewsHerbivore

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:04 - Oct 28 by blueislander

Do you want us to go down? Two of those players aren't even available for selection anyway.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 18:01 - Oct 28 with 2923 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 17:02 - Oct 28 by blueislander

That is a fact. Another one is that we have only won one match this season.

and the one responsible for that has been sacked.

It is illogical to blame players that got us to 12th last season for being where we are this. If your sacking list were the new players it would still be ridiculous but would at least hold up to some scrutiny.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 18:17 - Oct 28 with 2906 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 08:53 - Oct 28 by Radlett_blue

Sort out the defence & make us hard to beat. That's what Mick did.
Decide on a core formation & largely stick to it.
I would go with a back 5 of Bart; Donacien, Chambers, Pennington & Knudsen.

Its a good basis, but still require an outlet.

The back five is as good as we've got right now (even though Knudsen is awful) they need game time to gel together. A run of 5/6 games with the same backline.

Select a midfield three. Balance of hard work, experience and creativity. (Skuse, Downes, Dozzell) or (Skuse, Chaloabh, Dozzell).

Find another winger. For me Danny Rowe needs 4/5 games, Ward and Graham have had opportunities and haven't done enough.

Striking option, he's f***ed. Maybe look at a free agents list.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 18:48 - Oct 28 with 2881 viewsbluephil021

I would be asking myself if I had made the right choice in taking this job, a squad that is just not up to the standard required in the championship if he can get some money for Jan by then it looks like we could be well adrift.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 18:57 - Oct 28 with 2866 viewsgordon

he'll probs have induction with HR first few hours, get fitted for his ITFC gillet, go through any dietary requirements with the cafe staff, make he's got his account set up with IT, get the office furniture arranged right.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 19:00 - Oct 28 with 2854 viewsSuperfrans

on 10:24 - Oct 28 by _

Chambers has played more Championhsip matches than any other player in the division, hasn’t he? That makes him a Championhsip player in my book.

And Pennington is better.

That’s the logic behind thinking they can do a job for us.

I wouldn’t suggest Chambers is the best CH in the division, but he’s far from the worst, he’s probably a fairly average CH. his leadership qualities can be added on top.

The bottom line is that replacing our (if we could) isn’t our immediate priority, getting them organised is.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 19:01 - Oct 28 with 2855 viewseireblue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 18:57 - Oct 28 by gordon

he'll probs have induction with HR first few hours, get fitted for his ITFC gillet, go through any dietary requirements with the cafe staff, make he's got his account set up with IT, get the office furniture arranged right.

I have often thought, when people say stuff like, "we should get XX, he knows the club inside out", how useful is it really, to know where the toilets and canteen are.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024