Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... 08:51 - Oct 28 with 13657 viewschristiand

What would be your first move? He couldn't have seen too much from yesterday's game to give much hope, even the level of heart, commitment and wanting to compete must have been put into question. So what would you do in PL's situation?

Run to the hills isn't an option though!!!!

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 10:37 - Oct 28 with 3611 views_

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:32 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when you were mocking me for suggesting there might a clause in Hurt's deal to pay him off cheaply?

sacked by PhilTWTD 27 Oct 2018 16:07
There was a pay-off but not a huge one from what I gather. There'll have been a clause in the contract about a termination I assume.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:39 - Oct 28 with 3602 viewsJ2BLUE

on 10:37 - Oct 28 by _

No idea but I like it from Evans. Hopefully this will be a regular feature so if we need to make changes we can do so. Without that clause I think Hurst would have been here a long time and taken us down.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 3575 viewsDarth_Koont

I don’t think there’s a problem with their “heart, commitment or wanting to compete”. To me they look lost, confused and lacking in self-belief.

If I were Lambert I’d focus on trying to make things simpler for individuals and the team as a whole. They’re all players who can do the basics or they wouldn’t have got as far in the game.

One part of making it simpler would be to have a bigger presence up front who can handle clearances and give an easier transition from defence to attack. .Maybe that’s not possible until Jan though.

Pronouns: He/Him

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:59 - Oct 28 with 3575 viewsWhymarkmariner

Neither Bart or Knudsen have played well this season. But a poor Bart's still better than Gerken. Don't believe Knudsen's the best fullback however. He was awful yesterday, maybe his confidence is shot through Hurst constantly telling him his place wasn't assured and also no contract talks. I also notice when listening to games how when we had Carter Vickers and now Pennington how both were more prominent than Chambers. I very much doubt that Spence or Ward will ever make the grade. Will we ever see Adeyami, Huws or Bishop again? You also need two strikers who can both score. Freddie whilst always giving his all is never going to be prolific. I don't envy Paul Lamberts task and it's even more rubbing salt in the wound with them Budgies doing so well.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:00 - Oct 28 with 3572 viewsKeno

stop on way in and buy doughnuts

Poll: IF TWTD was a constituency who'd you vote for?
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 3551 viewsjeera

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:39 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

No idea but I like it from Evans. Hopefully this will be a regular feature so if we need to make changes we can do so. Without that clause I think Hurst would have been here a long time and taken us down.

Hmph.

Official Hurst Position Thread! by jeera 24 Sep 2018 20:29
Although of course in one way you're right, but on the other hand being patient hasn't worked.

You'd like to think a man like Evans would have clauses relating to performance in his managers' contracts.

Is that possible?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:04 - Oct 28 with 3562 viewsElephantintheRoom

Lambert's task is relatively straightforward. Work out the best team and system and stick with it. Add in a couple of players in January and hey presto, like MM before he will be lavishly praised for taking a mid-table team into mid table. Relegation is all but impossible. Even with a dysfunctional management team and constant change with zero confidence, Town are in touch with safety. Just a modicum of common sense and man management is all that is required.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:09 - Oct 28 with 3546 viewsfactual_blue

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:22 - Oct 28 by Guthrum

A cup of coffee and some breakfast.

Surely 'getting out of bed' comes first? Or does he have a butler?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:09 - Oct 28 with 3544 viewsfactual_blue

Resign

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:10 - Oct 28 with 3545 viewschristiand

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:04 - Oct 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Lambert's task is relatively straightforward. Work out the best team and system and stick with it. Add in a couple of players in January and hey presto, like MM before he will be lavishly praised for taking a mid-table team into mid table. Relegation is all but impossible. Even with a dysfunctional management team and constant change with zero confidence, Town are in touch with safety. Just a modicum of common sense and man management is all that is required.

Wow, you certainly seem a poster whose glass is half-full and I do admire that. However getting real for a minute, we're in trouble there's no escaping this fact. We can't score goals, struggle to keep teams out and wilt under the slightest pressure. Yes, we might be only a few points from safety, but when you can't win a game 3 points could be a 23 point gap, it's a huge chasm for us at the moment.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 11:11]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:20 - Oct 28 with 3509 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have a massive poo.

And then get out of bed.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:41 - Oct 28 with 3485 viewsGuthrum

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:09 - Oct 28 by factual_blue

What else are Assistant Managers for?

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:05 - Oct 28 with 3462 viewsRyorry

I'd select the best 11 + maybe a few covers that I thought would best work together as a cohesive unit/team and train, train, train them in both going forward into striking range & getting shots off; and retreating to defend their own goal. Include many training games, and eventually invite all the backroom staff - incl tealadies, cleaners etc - to watch.

Second move - picking up the phone to call in all favours and contacts re acquiring a Waggy & Garner style pair of strikers - and a good defender or two as well!

Poll: Time of the annunciation

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:11 - Oct 28 with 3455 viewslongtimefan

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 10:32 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

Do you remember a couple of weeks ago when you were mocking me for suggesting there might a clause in Hurt's deal to pay him off cheaply?

sacked by PhilTWTD 27 Oct 2018 16:07
There was a pay-off but not a huge one from what I gather. There'll have been a clause in the contract about a termination I assume.

I was told a month ago that if he was going to be let go it would happen before the end of October as that was when the early termination clause ended.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:19 - Oct 28 with 3442 viewsRyorry

on 10:37 - Oct 28 by _

I imagine he was desperate for the job and would have signed anything. And it's human nature to disregard any notion that you might actually fail.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:47 - Oct 28 with 3418 viewsBinner

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 09:04 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

This. And defending crosses.

My first non training thing would be a big speech about a reset, forget this whole relegation battle narrative and focus on getting to 19th. From there it's a simple case of matching the results of the teams below us. We can do it. A couple of wins soon and this crisis becomes a heck of a lot more manageable. I'd say we're better than xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx and xxx wven if I didn't believe it. I'd drop something in about MM telling me I could trust the players he left behind and that he believes they are more than good enough to get out of this. Then i'd tell all the new recruits they were signed for a reason and it hasn't worked out so far but that was the past and now they have a golden opportunity to prove they were the right signings. This season can still be successful and we can still build for a push up the table next season.

Followed by endless drills. Pick a formation and drill it to death. Use overload training where the attacking team have more players. Drill tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday. Wednesday and Friday off.

I agree with almost all of this.

Just one little thing - "...It's a simple case of matching the results of the teams below us." Umm, I don't know whether you've noticed...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

on 12:55 - Oct 28 with 3386 views_

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:19 - Oct 28 by Ryorry

I imagine he was desperate for the job and would have signed anything. And it's human nature to disregard any notion that you might actually fail.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:57 - Oct 28 with 3386 viewsBinner

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:09 - Oct 28 by factual_blue

You mean he has someone who does his getting-out-of-bed for him?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 13:22 - Oct 28 with 3340 viewsJ2BLUE

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 12:47 - Oct 28 by Binner

I agree with almost all of this.

Just one little thing - "...It's a simple case of matching the results of the teams below us." Umm, I don't know whether you've noticed...

I said once we had got to 19th. I meant 21st obviously but the point stands.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 13:24 - Oct 28 with 3338 viewsNo9

The first job is to find out how to out round pegs in round holes something that has been wrong at PR for a very long time & one thing that pi$$ed off a lot of fans about MM's way of working
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 14:35 - Oct 28 with 3293 viewsBinner

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 13:22 - Oct 28 by J2BLUE

I said once we had got to 19th. I meant 21st obviously but the point stands.

Fair enough. I hadn't read your post thoroughly.

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 14:36 - Oct 28 with 3293 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:10 - Oct 28 by christiand

Wow, you certainly seem a poster whose glass is half-full and I do admire that. However getting real for a minute, we're in trouble there's no escaping this fact. We can't score goals, struggle to keep teams out and wilt under the slightest pressure. Yes, we might be only a few points from safety, but when you can't win a game 3 points could be a 23 point gap, it's a huge chasm for us at the moment.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2018 11:11]

Given Brum are effectively below us and there are a 4 other rubbish teams that massive chasm is effectively two wins - or to put it another way a dead cat bounce.. With even minimal man management and sensible team selection Town should be out of the bottom three by xmas. Then Lambert will sign some of his old mates and it will be life under MM ...again. You'll praise Lambert for being a miracle worker for taking a mid table team into mid table then hate him for doing the same thing again and again and again.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 14:58 - Oct 28 with 3272 viewsSuperfrans

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 11:04 - Oct 28 by ElephantintheRoom

Wow. I like to think I’m an optimist, but you make me seem like a manic depressive.

It is far more complicated than you make out, I would say. To stay up in this division, you really need around 10 wins in the season. We have 1 from 15 games, so need around 9 from the next 31 games. That’s a pretty tall order.

It’s not a total,loss, but we need to start racking up wins soon. Starting this coming Saturday.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:26 - Oct 28 with 3250 viewsOsborneOneNil

on 09:54 - Oct 28 by _

Chambers is a horrendous right back.
If you were Paul Lambert on Monday morning....... on 15:31 - Oct 28 with 3246 viewsVeryStableGenius

Hopefully he has already sounded out a few free agents. Maybe Agbonlahor, if he is fit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024