Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the Police copped out on real crime? 06:54 - Nov 7 with 30107 viewsBenters2

Yesterday we saw the death of yet another yoof he was 16 yrs old and makes it the 250 who have been stabbed to death.

Yet it’s revealed that 75% of police call outs are not crime related?

Just watching the news the most dangerous time is walking home from school wtf?

Me I think we need to basics more stop and search,you are carrying a knife you go to prison.

Sad times.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 7:08]
on 07:15 - Nov 7 with 10203 views_

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 07:20 - Nov 7 with 10190 viewsBenters2

on 07:15 - Nov 7 by _

Good post that Libs something needs to be done.
on 07:27 - Nov 7 with 10177 views_

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 07:20 - Nov 7 by Benters2

Good post that Libs something needs to be done.

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:19 - Nov 7 with 10109 viewsReuser_is_God

Or people could just stop being cnts?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:23 - Nov 7 with 10090 viewsBenters2

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:19 - Nov 7 by Reuser_is_God

All respect has gone.
Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:24 - Nov 7 with 10080 viewsbournemouthblue

You mean to say it isn't all the mayor's fault ad the Tories will have you believe

You do wonder if there is an alterror motive behind the cuts, driving the police down so they can outsource more of their services to the ever reliable G4S and Co

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:26 - Nov 7 with 10083 viewsGeoffSentence

The police are getting involved in too many name calling incidents and not enough actual crime.

They are short of cash and having to deal with people insulting each other on twitter and at petrol stations.

Forget that stuff and focus on real crime.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:41 - Nov 7 with 10063 viewsBenters2

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:26 - Nov 7 by GeoffSentence

The police are getting involved in too many name calling incidents and not enough actual crime.

They are short of cash and having to deal with people insulting each other on twitter and at petrol stations.

This.
Login to get fewer ads

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:50 - Nov 7 with 10054 viewsSteve_M

20% of police funding has been cut since 2010 and, at the same time, cuts across the scope of Government have increased the workload on the police. This is the root cause, Cameron and Osborne's ideological desire to shrink the state enthusiastically carried out by Theresa May.

FT report from the Home Affairs Select Committee here:

https://www.ft.com/content/92e68040-e1e5-11e8-8e70-5e22a430c1ad?emailId=5be237b9

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:00 - Nov 7 with 10019 viewsTractorWood

This. Totally agreed with that article a few days ago that a stretched police force is being bombarded by deserving issues and trivial squabbles.

Police are obviously underfunded but the landscape has changed so much in the last 10-15 years with cyber crime, social media et al.

Think it just needs a bit of focus. Money and bobbies on the beat won't solve these issues alone.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:06 - Nov 7 with 9990 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:50 - Nov 7 by Steve_M

20% of police funding has been cut since 2010 and, at the same time, cuts across the scope of Government have increased the workload on the police. This is the root cause, Cameron and Osborne's ideological desire to shrink the state enthusiastically carried out by Theresa May.

https://www.ft.com/content/92e68040-e1e5-11e8-8e70-5e22a430c1ad?emailId=5be237b9

The effects of austerity are finally coming through! They are doing their best to make sure that there is no such thing as society!

"They are casting their problems at society. And, you know, there's no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look after themselves first. It is our duty to look after ourselves and then, also, to look after our neighbours." (Thatcher) Part 1 in the manual for sociopaths! Maybe drug dealers should quote it in court!
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 9:08]

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:09 - Nov 7 with 9993 viewsitfcjoe

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:00 - Nov 7 by TractorWood

This. Totally agreed with that article a few days ago that a stretched police force is being bombarded by deserving issues and trivial squabbles.

Police are obviously underfunded but the landscape has changed so much in the last 10-15 years with cyber crime, social media et al.

Think it just needs a bit of focus. Money and bobbies on the beat won't solve these issues alone.

And those people won't be helped either on Social Media

When my mate was on the beat, he said it happened all the time - they would strongly advise people to block each other or come off social media etc but they just won't do it because they then can't see what they are saying etc. It's just utterly pathetic that something causing that much distress isn't just walked away from.

Guess it won't be long before social media addictions are as real a thing as gambling, drugs and alcohol - if it isn't already

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:17 - Nov 7 with 9962 viewsBenters2

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:09 - Nov 7 by itfcjoe

And those people won't be helped either on Social Media

When my mate was on the beat, he said it happened all the time - they would strongly advise people to block each other or come off social media etc but they just won't do it because they then can't see what they are saying etc. It's just utterly pathetic that something causing that much distress isn't just walked away from.

Guess it won't be long before social media addictions are as real a thing as gambling, drugs and alcohol - if it isn't already

It is on here always the same people we are all addicted to social media.
Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:18 - Nov 7 with 9960 viewsGuthrum

The battle is against the perception that earning prospects are better for a whole segment of society by dropping out of school and joining a gang than persisting with education or getting a job. This in a cultural environment where the acquisition of supposedly quick and easy money with unlimited girls and a party lifestyle is endlessly glorified by real (or pretend) gangsters.

As opposed to the reality of being ruthlessly used under duress as a drug mule, or knifed in a concrete tenement stairwell over some meaningless insult.

That's why sports clubs are relatively successful in such situations - they offer not only an outlet for excess energy, but also the chance of being "discovered" and transported to a life of wealth and fame.

What's the "attractive" alternative we're trying to get these kids to stick to? Working all your life in an underpaid, crappy job (or 50 years on the dole) living on a run-down estate, with barely enough income to feed yourself. Not an easy sell.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2018 9:20]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:23 - Nov 7 with 9940 viewsSwansea_Blue

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:19 - Nov 7 by Reuser_is_God

Some of them are trying to break the cycle. The lad that was killed yesterday was trying to turn things round apparently, but that must be incredibly hard once you're embedded in gangs. Kids are being picked up at 9,10, 11. They haven't got a chance at that age.

Somehow have to break up the gang culture.

Once poignant thing that the brother of the latest casualty said was that the whole of society is geared towards instant gratification and consumerism. So why should adults be surprised when young kids with nothing want to earn money by selling drugs? All the messages we give them are you have to have more stuff, shinier stuff, more expensive stuff. Those messages are a lot louder than ones telling them to do the right thing.

I suspect the answer to all this isn't simply isolated in the gang culture, but needs all of us. How we get there I've no idea.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:32 - Nov 7 with 9914 viewsGuthrum

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 08:50 - Nov 7 by Steve_M

The theory was that volunteer organisations and charities would cover the gaps. Less taxation was supposed to give more capacity to donate. But when asked to spend their own money, people are no keener than on paying HMRC (but still bleat about the lack of services).

The reason humanity has been so successful as a species is we abandoned the self-centered hunter-gatherer lifestyle and combined together in societies and civilisations. It's about time the bulk of the population woke up to that fact.

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:36 - Nov 7 with 9893 viewsGuthrum

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:17 - Nov 7 by Benters2

It is on here always the same people we are all addicted to social media.

Humans are social animals, we like to get together and chat. For many, that's easier online nowadays than face-to-face.

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:51 - Nov 7 with 9854 viewsBenters2

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:36 - Nov 7 by Guthrum

Humans are social animals, we like to get together and chat. For many, that's easier online nowadays than face-to-face.

Amen to that.
Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:01 - Nov 7 with 9835 viewsEatonBlue

Yes, agree with that.
Too much time sitting at computer desks and too much time looking into historic stuff.
Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:21 - Nov 7 with 9786 viewsElephantintheRoom

It's a tad more deep rooted than that. Police numbers and resources have been annihilated in the last decade by Tory cuts. Prisons have been so starved of funding they cannot cope with what they have got already. Incidentally 10% of the prison and remand population are ex-armed forces, a sobering thought as we approach remembrance day. The youth service and in-school resources were utterly destroyed by the Tory-Liberal alliance - again as 'austerity measures'. Add in the deprivation and alienation felt by 'yoof' in inner city areas and you have a Tory-made recipe for social disaster. The only way to improve things is to vote labour for the next 50 years - and hope things improve rather than get worse exponentially as they will under the tories.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:23 - Nov 7 with 9781 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 09:36 - Nov 7 by Guthrum

That's so true. Sometimes I chat to my housemates online... even when we're in the same house!

The internet has a lot to answer for.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:31 - Nov 7 with 9744 viewstextbackup

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:23 - Nov 7 by BrixtonBlue

That's so true. Sometimes I chat to my housemates online... even when we're in the same house!

The internet has a lot to answer for.

you.....fcking......what?!

you've got to be joking, right?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:42 - Nov 7 with 9715 viewsBrixtonBlue

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:31 - Nov 7 by textbackup

you.....fcking......what?!

you've got to be joking, right?

It's not that hard to believe is it? I'm in my room in the attic, she's in the lounge watching some crap reality TV. Why would I go down two flights of stairs to talk to her when I have whatsapp at my fingertips?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:53 - Nov 7 with 9698 viewstextbackup

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 10:42 - Nov 7 by BrixtonBlue

It's not that hard to believe is it? I'm in my room in the attic, she's in the lounge watching some crap reality TV. Why would I go down two flights of stairs to talk to her when I have whatsapp at my fingertips?

two whole flights of stairs? Christ alive, if true, that is a sad story

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Have the Police copped out on real crime? on 11:01 - Nov 7 with 9683 viewsBloomBlue

There are many reasons not helped by the fact London now has the worst Mayor ever in the history of london mayor's the man is a complete idiot.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024