Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? 09:39 - Nov 8 with 5687 viewsWeWereZombies

BBC News - Thousands still watch TV in black and white
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46125741

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:46 - Nov 8 with 3015 viewsSwansea_Blue

Shouldn't that headline be 'thousands still only pay for a black and white tv licence, because it's cheaper'?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:55 - Nov 8 with 2995 viewsGuthrum

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:46 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

Shouldn't that headline be 'thousands still only pay for a black and white tv licence, because it's cheaper'?

Where would you even get a B&W TV from nowadays? I don't think I've seen one for sale since the 1980s.

They only make sense with cathode ray tube technology, anyway (single gun instead of three).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:56 - Nov 8 with 2987 viewsfactual_blue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:46 - Nov 8 by Swansea_Blue

Or it could be 'less than one household in 4,000 watches black and white TV'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:57 - Nov 8 with 2985 viewsfactual_blue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:55 - Nov 8 by Guthrum

Where would you even get a B&W TV from nowadays? I don't think I've seen one for sale since the 1980s.

They only make sense with cathode ray tube technology, anyway (single gun instead of three).

And I think TV sales have to be notified to the licencing people. That certainly used to be the case.

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:58 - Nov 8 with 2989 viewsjjblue84

When most people realise that they don’t actually have to pay a TV licence, that’s the end of the BBC!
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:00 - Nov 8 with 2981 viewsfactual_blue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:58 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

When most people realise that they don’t actually have to pay a TV licence, that’s the end of the BBC!

Because?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:11 - Nov 8 with 2962 viewsBlueBadger

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:00 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

Because?

Because our latest TB tribute act is desperate for people to pay attention to him?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:14 - Nov 8 with 2955 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:00 - Nov 8 by factual_blue

Because?

Well unless they are going to work for nothing there ain’t gonna be any money!! Hope that helps!!
Login to get fewer ads

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:15 - Nov 8 with 2950 viewsBlueBadger

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:14 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

Well unless they are going to work for nothing there ain’t gonna be any money!! Hope that helps!!

You'd have to be some kind of desperate, attention seeking TB tribute act to genuinely think that this would be a good thing.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:24 - Nov 8 with 2920 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:15 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

You'd have to be some kind of desperate, attention seeking TB tribute act to genuinely think that this would be a good thing.

Whatever that is...I don’t follow, did somebody say it was??
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:28 - Nov 8 with 2908 viewsSwansea_Blue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:55 - Nov 8 by Guthrum

Ebay probably. I bet there's a collectors club or the like.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:33 - Nov 8 with 2888 viewsElephantintheRoom

My dog sees the whole world in black and white. There are thousands just like him

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:39 - Nov 8 with 2876 viewsStokieBlue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 09:58 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

You don't listen to any of their radio stations or watch anything on the TV or iPlayer I hope.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:40 - Nov 8 with 2874 viewsclive_baker

Are Ipswich good again if you watch in black & white?

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:51 - Nov 8 with 2854 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:39 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

You don't listen to any of their radio stations or watch anything on the TV or iPlayer I hope.

SB

Wrong! I do!
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:52 - Nov 8 with 2852 viewsNo9

Is this a reality? Weren't all B&W TV's 405 line?
Didn't;t 405 line broadcast stop years ago?
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:58 - Nov 8 with 2839 viewsJ2BLUE

I'd keep paying mine voluntarily. Their Olympics, Euros and world cup coverage is superb. As is their website.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:01 - Nov 8 with 2829 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:58 - Nov 8 by J2BLUE

I'd keep paying mine voluntarily. Their Olympics, Euros and world cup coverage is superb. As is their website.

Very good of you, how many other people do you think will do this??
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:09 - Nov 8 with 2813 viewsStokieBlue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:51 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

Wrong! I do!

Excellent, the fine will subsidise some excellent programmes when they catch up with you.

Never understand the few on this site who seem proud to not pay their fair share.

SB

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:11 - Nov 8 with 2805 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:09 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

Excellent, the fine will subsidise some excellent programmes when they catch up with you.

Never understand the few on this site who seem proud to not pay their fair share.

SB

I do pay my tv licence, what on earth are on about??
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:15 - Nov 8 with 2796 viewsStokieBlue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:11 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

I do pay my tv licence, what on earth are on about??

That's great!

Makes your first and second posts on the thread a bit weird though.

SB

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:16 - Nov 8 with 2787 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:15 - Nov 8 by StokieBlue

That's great!

Makes your first and second posts on the thread a bit weird though.

SB

Really, why? Come out from behind that rock...
So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:18 - Nov 8 with 2779 viewsStokieBlue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:16 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

Really, why? Come out from behind that rock...

You're first post read to me that you didn't pay for the content and when others decided not to that would be the end of the BBC.

No rock, just a misinterpreted post.

SB
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 11:19]

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:28 - Nov 8 with 2753 viewsBrixtonBlue

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 10:51 - Nov 8 by jjblue84

Wrong! I do!

So you pay your TV licence then?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:29 - Nov 8 with 2751 viewsjjblue84

So who on here still claims to watch TV in black and white? on 11:28 - Nov 8 by BrixtonBlue

So you pay your TV licence then?

Well done!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024