Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Was Lambert interview in the summer? 14:03 - Nov 8 with 1529 viewshampstead_blue

If not, then why not!
The man has management skills to burn.

It does seem odd that Evans went with what now has been proven to be a super high risk project in PH.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:20 - Nov 8 with 1494 viewsBlueBadger

He wasn't interviewed because Evans was looking to recruit a young up-and-comer.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:21 - Nov 8 with 1484 viewsFrimleyBlue

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:20 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

He wasn't interviewed because Evans was looking to recruit a young up-and-comer.

But also Lambert wasn't available in the summer, he took a break.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:38 - Nov 8 with 1424 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:49 - Nov 8 with 1402 viewsBrightonBlue

Have to say, he is an upgrade on the last few managers. I particularly like the way he wants to build something. He is experienced, has a plan and brings outstanding management skills. I am suitably impressed. I get the impression if he was given a few seasons and some backing he could improve year on year significantly.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2018 14:56]
Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:02 - Nov 8 with 1347 viewsDarth_Koont

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 14:20 - Nov 8 by BlueBadger

Indeed. And I get the feeling that was partly because ME needed to look for something a bit different to try and turn the supporters around too.

I think Lambert would have got a different reception in the Summer if he'd been recruited then and I'm sure he'd have been seen more as part of the traditional manager merry-go-round. So in that sense Hurst did a good job of doing the groundwork and softening people up to the idea.

Pronouns: He/Him

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:11 - Nov 8 with 1312 viewsJ2BLUE

Ninety percent of the fans were blinded by our desire for a young up and coming manager. We had just had a long time with an experienced older manager and despite the fact he was decent we wanted a change.

I think the enthusiasm for Lambert is in a large part because Hurst was so awful. In the summer he would have been a solid appointment but Evans would have taken a lot of stick. Hurst was the ideal palate cleanser before Lambert comes in, gets us promoted and ends up with a statue outside PR. Imagine the budgies' reaction to that...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:18 - Nov 8 with 1278 viewsclive_baker

He's proper. The real deal. I'm convinced of that. We're lucky to have him.

I hope Evans recognises this and gives him what he wants in Jan to try and keep us up, although it's a huge ask given what he's inherited.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:51 - Nov 8 with 1208 viewsPJH

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:02 - Nov 8 by Darth_Koont

Indeed. And I get the feeling that was partly because ME needed to look for something a bit different to try and turn the supporters around too.

I think Lambert would have got a different reception in the Summer if he'd been recruited then and I'm sure he'd have been seen more as part of the traditional manager merry-go-round. So in that sense Hurst did a good job of doing the groundwork and softening people up to the idea.

I don't think Paul Lambert would have been a generally popular appointment with ITFC followers if he had arrived in the summer because (apparently) "we" wanted change and an experienced proven manager was not seen as change.
We now know what we actually got and we now have an experienced proven manager initially trying to sort out the mess made by The Boy Wonder and then getting us back to where we were and hopefully beyond.
Login to get fewer ads

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 16:26 - Nov 8 with 1100 viewsdavblue

Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 15:18 - Nov 8 by clive_baker

He's proper. The real deal. I'm convinced of that. We're lucky to have him.

I hope Evans recognises this and gives him what he wants in Jan to try and keep us up, although it's a huge ask given what he's inherited.

It's not just January it's beyond. The wage bill needs to go up to around 20-22 million even then that will probably only be middle of the road, it needs sustained investment or allowing a younger team to grow together and resist selling them or sell 1 every 2 years if possible.

I know that makes it sound incredibly easy but the chances of either of those things happening are very unlikely. We are going to have to be very lucky and have the season of our lives to get promoted currently, so what's the point for Evans at the current levels of investment? He's just throwing away 6 million a year and hoping we get promoted.

It's his money and i won't criticise the investment but im struggling to see what he is getting out of this, 1 really good season in 10 is all he has to show for his investment.
Was Lambert interview in the summer? on 16:35 - Nov 8 with 1074 viewsmarcus1642

A high proportion of us fans wanted a change, not the same old same old, and I think Evans wanted the same. Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it, and the appointment of Hurst was a disaster in a number of ways.

If Evan's had appointed Lambert in the summer over Hurst it would be seen as a massive mistake and public relations nightmare.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024