Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Celtic 19:18 - Nov 27 with 5131 viewsgtsb

Just read that their players average weekly wage is 16k. Now don't get me wrong I'd love that but for a club that still classes itself as a massive club that is pissss poor. No wonder they can't compete in Europe.
Celtic on 11:08 - Nov 28 with 1527 viewsLeagueOne

Celtic on 20:18 - Nov 27 by Superblue95

Probably still 10 times more than those playing for the smaller Scottish Premier teams

I never understood their league system, they have 4 leagues where every team players each other 4 times ... why not have 2 where everyone plays each other twice - it's madness that they have had their biggest clubs in Rangers, Hearts, Hibs and co in the second tier in recent years and not competing with the likes of Celtic. It's why their league system is dead.

Imagine a 10 team EPL with Manchester City, and 9 League Two teams and thats what they have there.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 11:09]

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

Celtic on 11:09 - Nov 28 with 1521 viewsJ2BLUE

Celtic on 10:04 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

As funny as watching Manchester City celebrating winning the league by 19 points last season? Or Barca win La Liga by 14 points?

Celtic won the league by 9 points btw.

Edit. Looking at other leagues, Bayern won the Bundesliga by 21 points, Juventus won Serie A by 12points and PSG won Ligue 1 by 13 points.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:23]

Don't be daft mate. At the moment, Celtic winning is a foregone conclusion before the start of each season.

i City win the title the season before? Or the season before that? In the Premier League if a team wins multiple titles on the bounce it's because they are a truly special team. City will likely win a few on the bounce now because they are a very special team.

I'm not having a go at Celtic. They are a huge club who can only beat what is in front of them and they deserve some real competition. With Premier League money they would be title contenders. I don't want them in the English leagues though unless they start at the bottom with their first team. None of this first team in Scotland, B team in England until they reach a decent level stuff. It's not fair IMO.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Celtic on 11:11 - Nov 28 with 1519 viewsm14_blue

Celtic on 10:04 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

As funny as watching Manchester City celebrating winning the league by 19 points last season? Or Barca win La Liga by 14 points?

Celtic won the league by 9 points btw.

Edit. Looking at other leagues, Bayern won the Bundesliga by 21 points, Juventus won Serie A by 12points and PSG won Ligue 1 by 13 points.

[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 10:23]

I know you’re playing devil’s advocate but you can’t seriously be comparing Celtic winning the league with City winning the PL?

No one’s retained the PL since 2009 and it looks likely to be another close race this year.

It would be a major shock if Celtic didn’t win the league by 15 points.
Celtic on 11:14 - Nov 28 with 1512 viewsgtsb

Celtic on 11:09 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Don't be daft mate. At the moment, Celtic winning is a foregone conclusion before the start of each season.

i City win the title the season before? Or the season before that? In the Premier League if a team wins multiple titles on the bounce it's because they are a truly special team. City will likely win a few on the bounce now because they are a very special team.

I'm not having a go at Celtic. They are a huge club who can only beat what is in front of them and they deserve some real competition. With Premier League money they would be title contenders. I don't want them in the English leagues though unless they start at the bottom with their first team. None of this first team in Scotland, B team in England until they reach a decent level stuff. It's not fair IMO.

They 'were' a huge club.
Celtic on 11:14 - Nov 28 with 1505 viewsJ2BLUE

Celtic on 11:14 - Nov 28 by gtsb

They 'were' a huge club.

No, they are a huge club.

Truly impaired.

Celtic on 11:44 - Nov 28 with 1485 viewsGooders7592

If Celtic & Rangers were in the PL within 3/4 years they would be competing at the top end of the table.

They are huge clubs, with massive fan bases. Consider the TV money they would receive playing in the PL would bridge the gap.
Celtic on 11:48 - Nov 28 with 1478 viewsJ2BLUE

Celtic on 11:44 - Nov 28 by Gooders7592

If Celtic & Rangers were in the PL within 3/4 years they would be competing at the top end of the table.

They are huge clubs, with massive fan bases. Consider the TV money they would receive playing in the PL would bridge the gap.

Agree but they should start at the lowest tier and not be allowed to play in any other league while they are.

Truly impaired.

Celtic on 11:54 - Nov 28 with 1463 viewsGooders7592

Celtic on 11:48 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

Agree but they should start at the lowest tier and not be allowed to play in any other league while they are.

Agreed.

I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet, especially when we have Swansea & Cardiff playing in English football.
Login to get fewer ads

Celtic on 12:00 - Nov 28 with 1445 viewsGeoffSentence

Celtic on 11:44 - Nov 28 by Gooders7592

It's not guaranteed just on the basis of big attendances, Celtic's average is about the same as West Ham and a little more than Newcastle, neither of whom have set the premier league alight for some while.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Celtic on 12:01 - Nov 28 with 1446 viewsJ2BLUE

Celtic on 11:54 - Nov 28 by Gooders7592

Agreed.

I'm not sure why it hasn't happened yet, especially when we have Swansea & Cardiff playing in English football.

It would be extremely painful in the short term for them to do that. I think if it happens the Premier League will screw the rest of the pyramid over and invite them straight in.

Truly impaired.

Celtic on 12:03 - Nov 28 with 1438 viewsGlasgowBlue

Celtic on 11:09 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

I have no love for Celtic and I don't watch Scottish football but the stats speak for themselves. City won the league in March. Celtic won the league in Scotland with just three wins more than Aberdeen.

My point is that Celtic have every right to celebrate winning the league by 9 points as Bayen do at winning by 21 points or City do by winning the league by 19 points.

And it's not a foregone conclusion that Celtic will in the league. They are sitting top with a lead of only two points. And they are three points ahead of the third placed team.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 12:05]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Celtic on 12:03 - Nov 28 with 1439 viewsBlue_Order

Celtic on 11:54 - Nov 28 by Gooders7592

Agreed.

I can’t see the old bill being too keen on 10,000 bevvied Glaswegians coming down the road every week, especially when one half would end up getting battered every time when they start their IRA nonsense.
Celtic on 12:04 - Nov 28 with 1436 viewsGooders7592

Celtic on 12:00 - Nov 28 by GeoffSentence

It's not guaranteed just on the basis of big attendances, Celtic's average is about the same as West Ham and a little more than Newcastle, neither of whom have set the premier league alight for some while.

No you're correct, but could you argue Celtic are a bigger global brand than both?

If you throw in the extra TV coverage as well...
Celtic on 12:09 - Nov 28 with 1416 viewsJ2BLUE

Celtic on 12:03 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

I have no love for Celtic and I don't watch Scottish football but the stats speak for themselves. City won the league in March. Celtic won the league in Scotland with just three wins more than Aberdeen.

My point is that Celtic have every right to celebrate winning the league by 9 points as Bayen do at winning by 21 points or City do by winning the league by 19 points.

And it's not a foregone conclusion that Celtic will in the league. They are sitting top with a lead of only two points. And they are three points ahead of the third placed team.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2018 12:05]

You've completely ignored my point. Comparing Man City winning the Premier League by that margin one time with Celtic winning the SPL easily every single year since Rangers were removed from the league is really, really stupid.

Not a foregone conclusion? I bet you wouldn't make any bets on Celtic not to win. You can get good odds on the exchanges if you really think there is any other outcome.

Truly impaired.

Celtic on 12:11 - Nov 28 with 1414 viewsGooders7592

Celtic on 12:09 - Nov 28 by J2BLUE

You've completely ignored my point. Comparing Man City winning the Premier League by that margin one time with Celtic winning the SPL easily every single year since Rangers were removed from the league is really, really stupid.

Not a foregone conclusion? I bet you wouldn't make any bets on Celtic not to win. You can get good odds on the exchanges if you really think there is any other outcome.

I think Rangers are going to win the league this season...

6/1 currently on SkyBet if anyone is interested!
Celtic on 12:16 - Nov 28 with 1403 viewsRadlett_blue

on 06:56 - Nov 28 by _

What happened to the old UEFA rule about multiple ownership, which was supposed to bar 2 clubs which had the same owners competing in the same competition?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Celtic on 12:27 - Nov 28 with 1381 viewsBlue_Order

Celtic on 12:11 - Nov 28 by Gooders7592

I think Rangers are going to win the league this season...

6/1 currently on SkyBet if anyone is interested!

League form will continue to suffer while they’re busy winning the UEFA Cup.
on 12:50 - Nov 28 with 1363 views_

Celtic on 10:13 - Nov 28 by Kieran_Knows

Snapped up Lewis Morgan from St Mirren last year too. Ryan Christie is now starting to become a regular after a few loan spells too.

Aberdeen want the best part of £10m+ for McKenna, think Villa and Hull had quite big bids rejected in the summer. The player that springs to mind at the moment is Lewis Ferguson at Aberdeen. They got him for peanuts from Hamilton in the summer, looks a decent player.

Celtic on 12:52 - Nov 28 with 1360 viewsKieran_Knows

on 12:50 - Nov 28 by _

Yeah, I get what you're saying. Mackay-Steven and Armstrong from Dundee Utd to Celtic was a classic case. Nicking their 2 best players for next to nothing.

I'm sure I read in the summer that McInnes said they wouldn't sell for anything less than £10m, so fair play to them, I imagine he might move on next summer as he has forced his way in to the Scotland side now as well.

Indeed. As I say, good talent up there if it can be spotted early doors. Hopefully with Lambert, we'll be able to tap in to that market a bit more now.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024