Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football manager thread 07:58 - Dec 4 with 13031 viewsZakk

Just football manager thread, just started with Ipswich, brought in 3 players, Peter crouch, Liam Palmer and Patrice evra on a free, only played 3 games drew with Blackburn and beat Rotherham and beat Macclesfield in the cup 4-2 any one else playing?
Football manager thread on 08:12 - Dec 4 with 8816 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Yes. Signed left sided player Daniel James from Swansea on loan. Playing an odd 4-2-4 system with Edwards on the right

Sold Roberts, Nisala, Huws and a few others. Bart went to LA Galaxy, after he went moody.

Nolan was also in a mood and then he came good (In the game of course).

Promoted Tyrsee Simpson from the under 18's who has scored a good few goals....

Currently 10th after about 30 games.
Football manager thread on 08:20 - Dec 4 with 8792 viewsKeno

I decided the team needed freshening up so sold or loaned out a load of players and bought in a lot of what I thought would be good quality lower league stars with some loanees to add quality

had a shakey start, lots off moody players and got the sack after just 8 games

Trouble with these PC games is that they are so unrealistic

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Football manager thread on 08:26 - Dec 4 with 8786 viewsitfcjoe

In my first season after a brilliant end of season run I snuck into the play offs - won something like 8 out of 9 games then lost on the last day but got in on goal difference after Swansea scored a 94th minute equaliser - but then lost to Boro in the semi. Won 3-2 at home but least 3-1 away.

Second season I totally walked the league, was miles clear after 38 games but then totally bottled it - picked up 6 points from last 8 games and then dropped into 3rd place and the play offs.

After half an hour of the play off semi I was 4-0 down to Villa, I could have cried and my laptop nearly went out of the window! But I ended up getting back to 4-2 and then an injury time goal from my 17 year old academy defender made it 4-3 and I was well happy with that. Beat Villa 4-0 in the home leg.

Final v Stoke, was 2-1 down with quarter of an hour left and super sub Jack Lankester scored his first goal for the club and I won it in extra time.

Have just started in the PL, struggled to get players in and only spent about £12m of my £37m budget and think I've left myself short - played 4 games and only have 1 point! Should have beaten Everton on opening day, they had someone sent off after 14 minutes, and I was 3-1 up at half time but lost 4-3! Also lost 1-0 to Bournemouth where I had 6 clear cut chances and my striker missed them all and got a 4.9 rating.

Had to use the loan market a lot when in the Championship and playing a 433 style formation but left myself short at CB in the summer window so Knudsen currently rotating there with my 17 year old regen

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football manager thread on 08:59 - Dec 4 with 8731 viewsBiGDonnie

Football manager thread on 08:26 - Dec 4 by itfcjoe

In my first season after a brilliant end of season run I snuck into the play offs - won something like 8 out of 9 games then lost on the last day but got in on goal difference after Swansea scored a 94th minute equaliser - but then lost to Boro in the semi. Won 3-2 at home but least 3-1 away.

Second season I totally walked the league, was miles clear after 38 games but then totally bottled it - picked up 6 points from last 8 games and then dropped into 3rd place and the play offs.

After half an hour of the play off semi I was 4-0 down to Villa, I could have cried and my laptop nearly went out of the window! But I ended up getting back to 4-2 and then an injury time goal from my 17 year old academy defender made it 4-3 and I was well happy with that. Beat Villa 4-0 in the home leg.

Final v Stoke, was 2-1 down with quarter of an hour left and super sub Jack Lankester scored his first goal for the club and I won it in extra time.

Have just started in the PL, struggled to get players in and only spent about £12m of my £37m budget and think I've left myself short - played 4 games and only have 1 point! Should have beaten Everton on opening day, they had someone sent off after 14 minutes, and I was 3-1 up at half time but lost 4-3! Also lost 1-0 to Bournemouth where I had 6 clear cut chances and my striker missed them all and got a 4.9 rating.

Had to use the loan market a lot when in the Championship and playing a 433 style formation but left myself short at CB in the summer window so Knudsen currently rotating there with my 17 year old regen

Just started my fifth season, 3rd in the Prem. My regenerated players are crazy, I've got two dubbed the next Michael Owen and one the next Jimmy Greaves.

Also found a 6'8 powerful South Korean CB who's spending his first season out on loan at Sampdoria.

Then I fooked it. Gave a new contract to one of the new Michael Owen's and didn't effing see the £19m release clause. I don't ever allow any release clauses.

The player is ridiculous. Signed from Sheff Wed for £29m and already Englands no9.

Ruined the entire game for me, I quit without saving when he signed it, first time I'd done that since I was about 15. Haven't loaded it up since.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Football manager thread on 09:32 - Dec 4 with 8677 viewsZakk

I’m thinking I’m probably going to struggle this season and have been trying to sort my defence out more than anything with a right back and left back, what sort of signings have you made?
Football manager thread on 10:00 - Dec 4 with 8641 viewscaught-in-limbo

A quick question to the gamers out there:

Are these games more popular when your own real life team are crod or when things are going well?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Football manager thread on 12:11 - Dec 4 with 8557 viewsbontcho

I'm playing football manager 2018 so a little bit different. Playing a variation of 3-5-2 (depending on whether home or away). Lost in the play off final in year 1 (only just sneaked into the play offs so was kinda pleased), 2nd in the league in February in year two.

Of the original squad Bart, Chambo, Webster, Kenlock, Skuse, Nydam, Waghorn and Garner are regulars. I sold Knudsen after a good year at LCB to St Etienne and replaced him with Matt Clarke who has been awesome. Dylan Crowe has done really well but has picked up a couple of long injuries so his appearances have been limited.

If we go up I suspect the first year will be very difficult as it's difficult to judge who might come so i'm scouting quite vaguely.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Football manager thread on 07:49 - Jan 8 with 8223 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 12:11 - Dec 4 by bontcho

I'm playing football manager 2018 so a little bit different. Playing a variation of 3-5-2 (depending on whether home or away). Lost in the play off final in year 1 (only just sneaked into the play offs so was kinda pleased), 2nd in the league in February in year two.

Of the original squad Bart, Chambo, Webster, Kenlock, Skuse, Nydam, Waghorn and Garner are regulars. I sold Knudsen after a good year at LCB to St Etienne and replaced him with Matt Clarke who has been awesome. Dylan Crowe has done really well but has picked up a couple of long injuries so his appearances have been limited.

If we go up I suspect the first year will be very difficult as it's difficult to judge who might come so i'm scouting quite vaguely.

Bump this back up, any updates people, I some how managed to get promoted in my first season against all odds finishing second in the league, signed Marcus Maddison in January while 5th and he was my signing of the season!

Got 40 million to spend first year up, brought in Townsend for 12 mil and a bargain Tyrone mings for 800k and Dwight gale for 9 mil and managed to finish 14th in the prem

Now on my third season just finished January sitting 6th in the league and just won the cabarero cup against Chelsea on pens
Signed a few players malang sar and Fabio Silva
Login to get fewer ads

Football manager thread on 08:06 - Jan 8 with 8187 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Football manager thread on 08:12 - Dec 4 by Northern_Blue81

Yes. Signed left sided player Daniel James from Swansea on loan. Playing an odd 4-2-4 system with Edwards on the right

Sold Roberts, Nisala, Huws and a few others. Bart went to LA Galaxy, after he went moody.

Nolan was also in a mood and then he came good (In the game of course).

Promoted Tyrsee Simpson from the under 18's who has scored a good few goals....

Currently 10th after about 30 games.

Also got James on loan from Swansea. Likes to cut inside and shoot, has scored some wonder goals for me.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Football manager thread on 08:10 - Jan 8 with 8175 viewsmarkand1986

Lost in play off final in first season to Blackburn which was tough to take. Second season going well though with Tammy up top with Eddie Nketiah on loan. Bart Man got moody and went off to the states. Edwards and Nolan seem to be good on the good. Try a 442 but with edwards more advanced. Seems to work for me. Good luck.
Football manager thread on 08:10 - Jan 8 with 8172 views26_Paz

Completed it mate

The Paz Man

Football manager thread on 08:23 - Jan 8 with 8134 viewsDanTheMan

Football manager thread on 10:00 - Dec 4 by caught-in-limbo

A quick question to the gamers out there:

Are these games more popular when your own real life team are crod or when things are going well?

That depends on the person. It's just a form of entertainment for most people.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Football manager thread on 08:24 - Jan 8 with 8132 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 08:10 - Jan 8 by markand1986

Lost in play off final in first season to Blackburn which was tough to take. Second season going well though with Tammy up top with Eddie Nketiah on loan. Bart Man got moody and went off to the states. Edwards and Nolan seem to be good on the good. Try a 442 but with edwards more advanced. Seems to work for me. Good luck.

I play a 4-3-3 possession based play, signed Patrick Roberts on a free from Man City and he’s been class for me, sold Bart this season to Newcastle for 5 mil as I had lafont, beat Man City in the cup 4-0
Football manager thread on 08:41 - Jan 8 with 8096 viewsDanTheMan

I started at AFC Telford got promoted but struggled to get out of the Conference and then ended up getting the Ipswich job when we were rock bottom.

A couple of seasons in the Championship and I got us promoted. Not even a fight for survival the next season, I finished 8th. I seem to remember getting Mason Mount and Tahith Chong on a free and those two were great. A few years later I've won the Champions League but cannot break Man City's stranglehold on the league. Even in the game their resources are absurd.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Football manager thread on 09:23 - Jan 8 with 8031 viewsbontcho

Football manager thread on 12:11 - Dec 4 by bontcho

I got promoted. We were a bit flakey at times in the run in but went up. Over the summer Teddy Bishop left and I bought in Kuhne (South African goalkeeper), Jorgensen (from Huddersfield), Lees (Burnley), McCarthey (Palace), King (Leicester), Musonda (Chelsea on loan) and Solanke (Liverpool on loan). Players like Chambers and Garner will now be squad players. I’m hoping to keep my place in the league so I can gradually add what is a seriously good set of 16-18 year olds.

Marcus Evans “loves the club”, apparently.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Football manager thread on 09:39 - Jan 8 with 8000 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 09:23 - Jan 8 by bontcho

I got promoted. We were a bit flakey at times in the run in but went up. Over the summer Teddy Bishop left and I bought in Kuhne (South African goalkeeper), Jorgensen (from Huddersfield), Lees (Burnley), McCarthey (Palace), King (Leicester), Musonda (Chelsea on loan) and Solanke (Liverpool on loan). Players like Chambers and Garner will now be squad players. I’m hoping to keep my place in the league so I can gradually add what is a seriously good set of 16-18 year olds.

Marcus Evans “loves the club”, apparently.

Chambo dropped out of my team after promotion now my under 18s manager along with Peter crouch haha

Skuse decided he wanted to carry on playing so went to Kilmarnock
If anyone is looking for a striker defo Fabio Silva from Porto only 18 on my save scored 18 so far
Football manager thread on 10:23 - Jan 8 with 7956 viewsbontcho

Football manager thread on 09:39 - Jan 8 by Zakk

Chambo dropped out of my team after promotion now my under 18s manager along with Peter crouch haha

Skuse decided he wanted to carry on playing so went to Kilmarnock
If anyone is looking for a striker defo Fabio Silva from Porto only 18 on my save scored 18 so far

I didn’t have the heart to remove the club (vice) captaincy from Chambers and Skuse but i suspect thry’ll leave in January or at the end of the season.

Bulgarian penalty hero

Football manager thread on 10:31 - Jan 8 with 7943 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 10:23 - Jan 8 by bontcho

I didn’t have the heart to remove the club (vice) captaincy from Chambers and Skuse but i suspect thry’ll leave in January or at the end of the season.

I struggled to lose both hence why I offered them both coaching roles
But had to leave to improve squad so left me no choice, I signed someone called riddle Baku and he’s an absolute beast
Nolan done a job for me but sold him to Cardiff for 6 m huws and ward are prem players now and still play in my team..
Football manager thread on 10:33 - Jan 8 with 7937 viewsmarkand1986

Football manager thread on 10:31 - Jan 8 by Zakk

I struggled to lose both hence why I offered them both coaching roles
But had to leave to improve squad so left me no choice, I signed someone called riddle Baku and he’s an absolute beast
Nolan done a job for me but sold him to Cardiff for 6 m huws and ward are prem players now and still play in my team..

Nolan seems to be good on the game and got 13 for me first season. One issue with the game is Spence seems to be alright and doesn't cost us a goal every game.
Football manager thread on 13:01 - Jan 8 with 7849 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 10:33 - Jan 8 by markand1986

Nolan seems to be good on the game and got 13 for me first season. One issue with the game is Spence seems to be alright and doesn't cost us a goal every game.

I got rid of spence straight away straight to Rotherham, signed Liam Palmer I think go replace him..
Also signed saint maxim or something from palace when I got Townsend, they went down so raided them a bit, also got wan bissaka from them too,
Anyone recommend a centre mid I could sign coming into my 4th season
Football manager thread on 13:34 - Jan 8 with 7787 viewsKeaneish

Yep, well, the first 6 months for free anyway.

Currently top of the table by 7 points playing the GenGen approach in a number of formations. Signed Will Keane ironically enough and he's been terrible. Hope that's not an omen...

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Football manager thread on 13:39 - Jan 8 with 7777 viewsJ2BLUE

Evra?!?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Football manager thread on 14:12 - Jan 8 with 7749 viewsmo_itfc

I really struggled as Ipswich. I've had 3 goes, fired twice for being in the relegation zone, once for blowing the budget!

I did get Colchester to the prem in 6 seasons... Ipswich haven't moved from the Championship.

I couldn't get the Ipswich team to work for me at all!

Poll: Now that The Athletic has an article, is this takeover actually happening?

on 14:31 - Jan 8 with 7724 views_

Football manager thread on 14:35 - Jan 8 with 7713 viewsCoastalblue

Not picked it up in a little while since I started RDR2. I lost in the playoff final first season on penalties, second season I just sneaked the title.
Barely made any squad changes but my one accidental masterstroke was signing Samir Nasri on a free to play from January onward, he was distinctly average for me but Man Utd gave me £37M for him at the end of the season!
That funded some purchases for season 2, Knudsen left for about £7M after being my top performer. Scum were relegated so I raided them for Hanley as a Chambers replacement and also signed Pennington on a permanent deal.
Just in preseason friendlies before the Prem now, was thinking about playing this evening as I'm away from home.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024