Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea have banned those four blokes 17:56 - Dec 10 with 7140 viewsMullet

Does this signify trial by social media or a clear case of culpability and justice working together?

I have to admit, the quality of the clips going around twitter made it hard to say if he'd used the N word or any other racial slur. The manner and hatred was clear and pretty embarrassing, but you can't expect much more from blokes like that can you?

For me the biggest positive has been how Sterling has owned the Mail and the narrative around how he has been treated. He's totally right to use those headlines on his mates such as Foden and make a point with dignity.

Hopefully it'll jolt forward social attitudes a little further.

https://twitter.com/search?f=images&vertical=news&q=sterling&src=typd

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:03 - Dec 10 with 6066 viewsfactual_blue

They've been suspended pending further enquiries. So not a ban yet per se

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:08 - Dec 10 with 6043 viewsBloomBlue

Sterling said they said it so I guess Chelsea listened to Sterling, which is the correct think to do.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:11 - Dec 10 with 6016 viewsMullet

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:03 - Dec 10 by factual_blue

They've been suspended pending further enquiries. So not a ban yet per se

True, seems only a formality though doesn't it? I doubt it;ll be sorted in time for the next game or so.

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:19 - Dec 10 with 5997 viewsSwansea_Blue

“The manner and hatred was clear and pretty embarrassing, but you can't expect much more from blokes like that can you?”

I’m not sure we can excuse people behaving like tvvats because they happen to be tvvats.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:47 - Dec 10 with 5902 viewsnshearman1

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:19 - Dec 10 by Swansea_Blue

“The manner and hatred was clear and pretty embarrassing, but you can't expect much more from blokes like that can you?”

I’m not sure we can excuse people behaving like tvvats because they happen to be tvvats.

A poor excuse for the obvious. Chelsea have a long long history of racism and it’s still there because the club once again have failed to deal with it adequately. I’m not a fan of Sterling’s finishing, but all praise to him for calling out the execrable Mail and indeed to appalling Chelsea fans.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 19:25 - Dec 10 with 5813 viewsMullet

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:47 - Dec 10 by nshearman1

A poor excuse for the obvious. Chelsea have a long long history of racism and it’s still there because the club once again have failed to deal with it adequately. I’m not a fan of Sterling’s finishing, but all praise to him for calling out the execrable Mail and indeed to appalling Chelsea fans.

I wasn't excusing them, far from it. Merely resigned to the fact this isn't some sort of extreme minority, but totally normalised to people like them regardless of what they said.

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 20:00 - Dec 10 with 5730 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 18:47 - Dec 10 by nshearman1

The racist angle takes it to another level, but contorted faces screaming abuse at high profile footballers when they are close to the crowd is nothing new. I've seen the likes of Rooney, Gerrard & Frank Lampard all suffer from this for no good reason except that they are good, English players. It's certainly not just a Chelsea thing.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:05 - Dec 10 with 5547 viewstextbackup

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 20:00 - Dec 10 by Radlett_blue

The racist angle takes it to another level, but contorted faces screaming abuse at high profile footballers when they are close to the crowd is nothing new. I've seen the likes of Rooney, Gerrard & Frank Lampard all suffer from this for no good reason except that they are good, English players. It's certainly not just a Chelsea thing.

minus the racist remarks if that was a Norwich player within ear shot he'd be getting hammered too.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:25 - Dec 10 with 5517 viewsFrimleyBlue

For me. I'm a bit concerned at this.

If found proven that they used a racist phrase of course they need to be dealt with as such.

However if as some say. He said Manc... And it's based on shouting... Then social media and others are making it about race themselves.

I remember rooney taking a corner for utd. A picture on social media showed about 30 people screaming all sorts. Using hand gestures. Even kids.. but the caption and how it was then described on twitter etc was ' typical passion of a derby.

So my concern is.. in a world where we are trying to take away all forms of racism. If the guy is proven to be saying manc,. Should we then be bringing race into it when it's an action repeated by others to other players. Are we not ourselves brining up a race issue when it wasn't.

I hope you get what I mean by the above. I know how I want it to come across but not sure if I've explained it right.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:35 - Dec 10 with 5494 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:25 - Dec 10 by FrimleyBlue

If found proven that they used a racist phrase of course they need to be dealt with as such.

However if as some say. He said Manc... And it's based on shouting... Then social media and others are making it about race themselves.

I remember rooney taking a corner for utd. A picture on social media showed about 30 people screaming all sorts. Using hand gestures. Even kids.. but the caption and how it was then described on twitter etc was ' typical passion of a derby.

So my concern is.. in a world where we are trying to take away all forms of racism. If the guy is proven to be saying manc,. Should we then be bringing race into it when it's an action repeated by others to other players. Are we not ourselves brining up a race issue when it wasn't.

I hope you get what I mean by the above. I know how I want it to come across but not sure if I've explained it right.

For me, people screaming foul mouthed abuse at a nearby opposition player for no good reason & probably throwing things at him or spitting in his direction is also unacceptable, but it's near impossible to police.

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:51 - Dec 10 with 5449 viewsjeera

"Social media and others".

What about Sterling? Does he get a say or should he shut up just in case someone who wasn't there decides nothing was said on his behalf?

[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 22:53]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:53 - Dec 10 with 5440 viewsFrimleyBlue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:51 - Dec 10 by jeera

"Social media and others".

What about Sterling? Does he get a say or should he shut up just in case someone who wasn't there decides nothing was said on his behalf?

[Post edited 10 Dec 2018 22:53]

Apologies. I hadn't seen that.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 05:20 - Dec 11 with 5264 viewsBenters2

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 22:05 - Dec 10 by textbackup

minus the racist remarks if that was a Norwich player within ear shot he'd be getting hammered too.

This.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:15 - Dec 11 with 5088 viewscrunchie1978

Totally agree.
Racism is disgusting....but was this racism or just standard baiting of an opposition player....something that happens in every ground up and down this country every weekend.
I agree no player should have to put up with this abuse rasist or not...but let the investigation pan out before we chastise these 4 individuals with being racist....when there's a chance they may not be.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:28 - Dec 11 with 5068 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:15 - Dec 11 by crunchie1978

Totally agree.
Racism is disgusting....but was this racism or just standard baiting of an opposition player....something that happens in every ground up and down this country every weekend.
I agree no player should have to put up with this abuse rasist or not...but let the investigation pan out before we chastise these 4 individuals with being racist....when there's a chance they may not be.

IF one of them screamed at Sterling "Black C**T", I would say that was quite racist, wouldn't you?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:37 - Dec 11 with 5051 viewscrunchie1978

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:28 - Dec 11 by Radlett_blue

IF one of them screamed at Sterling "Black C**T", I would say that was quite racist, wouldn't you?

IF one of them did then yes I'd say that was extremely racist.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:39 - Dec 11 with 5045 viewsblueislander

It is not trial by social media , because , as someone has posted , the club are investigating the matter. It is the evidence that has been collected from social media, which given the part that it now plays in our daily lives , is inevitable, and valid.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:51 - Dec 11 with 5018 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:39 - Dec 11 by blueislander

It is not trial by social media , because , as someone has posted , the club are investigating the matter. It is the evidence that has been collected from social media, which given the part that it now plays in our daily lives , is inevitable, and valid.

Quite. Rather like the images of the Chelsea fans delighting in pushing a black passenger off a metro carriage while chanting racist "banter".

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:00 - Dec 11 with 4996 viewsGeoffSentence

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:37 - Dec 11 by crunchie1978

IF one of them did then yes I'd say that was extremely racist.

Latest news is that he says he didn't.

He claims it was 'Manc cwnt'.

Now it is over to the great and good of the internet to decide if they believe him and if he should be banned anyway even if it was mancist abuse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:11 - Dec 11 with 4977 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:00 - Dec 11 by GeoffSentence

Now it is over to the great and good of the internet to decide if they believe him and if he should be banned anyway even if it was mancist abuse.

This is going to be a re-run of JT, Anton Ferdinand and "Blind c**t".

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:21 - Dec 11 with 4950 viewsBenters2

Tricky one innit where does it end?

Is Delia a whore? Do we really want her to die?
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:43 - Dec 11 with 4932 viewsRadlett_blue

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:21 - Dec 11 by Benters2

Tricky one innit where does it end?

Is Delia a whore? Do we really want her to die?

I would personally say no to both questions.
I presume we'll be discussing the Fashanu song next.

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 14:02 - Dec 11 with 4811 viewsBenters2

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 10:43 - Dec 11 by Radlett_blue

I would personally say no to both questions.
I presume we'll be discussing the Fashanu song next.

Will we it’s proper nasty that one.
Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 14:27 - Dec 11 with 4767 viewsjeera

Although since when has RS been a Manc?

Sterling says otherwise and was within feet of the abuse.

If you're concerned about being misinterpreted, it's probably best not to scream at a black player with your mates right in his face.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 17:21 - Dec 11 with 4689 viewsMullet

Chelsea have banned those four blokes on 09:39 - Dec 11 by blueislander

Have you no seen much of the commentary around it on social media? I'd say a large swathe of people had reached a verdict already.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024